Phineas and Ferb

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:Ashley's nose may be a bit odd, that is because she had trouble breathing and had to have it fixed for her health. I think the last thing she would care about is how odd her nose is, she's grateful that they've stopped her condition.
really? that's what happened with me! :o
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
Lazario wrote:The last time I was threatened with suspension, it was over merely insinuating DVDjunkie might be old. Just a heads-up: you might not want to go this route.
Thanks for the 'heads-up', but I doubt I'll be reprimanded as dvdjunkie said a lot worse and the moderators haven't even warned him. :roll:
That is because nobody caught him until now. And now you get to be reprimanded too. A two for one special, must be my lucky day.

Dr Frankenollie & dvdjunkie you both are way out of line here. Personal attacks and bickering is just sad. You both know how to act better and how to follow the rules. If you don't wish to join Goliath on suspension, I highly suggest the two of you stop with the childishness. Consider yourselves warned.

I'm closing the thread. Whoever starts the next volume, please link back to this one. (*sidenote* None of this off-topic conversation is to go into the new thread, none.)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Phineas & Ferb (TV Series) - Part II

Post by Sotiris »

Continuing the discussion from Part I:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Last edited by Sotiris on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Anyone notice the difference in the televised version and the DVD released version of "Phineas & Ferb The Movie: Across the 2d Dimension"?

The televised version had the credits playing with the "Slash" song "Take It Up a Notch", and the DVD has a reprise of "Everything's Better With Perry". I knew I should have saved the televised version, commercials and all. Anyway I got the soundtrack from '2d Dimension' so I have the "Slash" song to listen to anyway.

Wonder why they saw fit to make that change?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

I completely dismissed this show until my mom called me over to show me this! lol

<iframe width="400" height="300" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0nKG_O0Ei_o" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Theatrical 'Phineas & Ferb' Movie Confirmed
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=73123
Following the success of the television film Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension--which scored more than 7 million viewers during its premiere--, Disney is now officially moving forward with plans for a theatrical movie based off of their hit cartoon series. According to ComingSoon.net, the film is set to hit the big screen on July 26th, 2013 and it's reported to be a mix of live-action and animation.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Why can't they just make it completely animated? V___V
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

rexcrk wrote:Why can't they just make it completely animated? V___V
Because that would make sense?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I am being optimistic about the theatrical movie...
I really dislike the mixture of animation and live action in Take Two with Phineas and Ferb. I really can't Imagine actors playing the characters.... hopefully it will be like Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm sensing there's a story reason
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Animatin' music video featuring co-creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff 'Swampy' Marsh.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A potential spin-off is centered on the Fireside Girls, a gaggle of Girl Scout-types that often aid the stepbrothers in their adventures.
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/22/busin ... ?ref=media
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I really can't Imagine actors playing the characters.... hopefully it will be like Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
That probably isn't likely, given the majority of live-action/animated movies these days are based on classic cartoons. And look how THOSE turned out. They ruined the image of the classic toons by involving hiphop/rap and toilet humor.

I don't know about you, but I am feeling really scared. :(
rexcrk wrote:Why can't they just make it completely animated? V___V
Because, apparently live-action/animated movies are supposedly "in" these days, like the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, Smurfs and Yogi Bear. So Disney's considering on possibly butchering one of their most popular cartoons like every other studio has.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I think what makes this upcoming Phineas and Ferb movie different is that Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh actually wrote the screenplay for this. With the show's creators behind the writing of the script, I have positive expectations towards it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

This was on Variety:
Disney fuels 'Phineas and Ferb' fervor
Fourth-season renewal sets stage for more spinoff opportunities
By Jon Weisman
'Phineas and Ferb'

'Phineas and Ferb'
Disney Channel has renewed hit animated series "Phineas and Ferb," a franchise that has rapidly become the Mouse's version of "The Simpsons" in its broad appeal and merchandising capabilities.

"Phineas and Ferb," a mainstay for Disney Channel as well as boy-centric Disney XD, is the No. 1 animated series in all of television among kids 6-11 and 9-14, but it also can boast that nearly 20% of its audience in its 9 p.m. Friday timeslot is adults. The confirmation of the fourth season will keep the Disney TV Animation-produced "Phineas" on the air through at least 2014, setting the stage for more spinoff projects throughout Disney's divisions, including a feature release set for July 2013.

"It's a little bit of comparing apples to oranges," Disney Channels Worldwide prexy and chief creative officer Gary Marsh told Variety, "(but) we can look at 'High School Musical' and 'Hannah Montana' in the rear-view mirror and see how they grew into multimillion-dollar businesses. 'Phineas' is on that trajectory."

Further, to Disney's benefit, the "Phineas" cast (led by Vincent Martella, Ashley Tisdale and Thomas Sangster) doesn't age -- at least onscreen.

"Isn't that fantastic," Marsh said with a laugh.

Series creators and exec producers Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, who wrote the screenplay for the bigscreen "Phineas and Ferb" outing (for which Disney has since hired "Little Miss Sunshine" scribe Michael Arndt to do a pass on), each signed multi-year deals in August to remain on "Phineas" while developing other series ideas, including a "Phineas" spinoff. They also wrote the screenplay for the bigscreen pic, for which Disney recently hired "Toy Story 3" scribe Michael Arndt to do a pass on.

"Breakout shows like 'The Simpsons,' like 'SpongeBob SquarePants,' come from visionary creators who have a very unique, personal artistic vision," Gary Marsh said. "I definitely put (Povenmire and Marsh) in that same category."

Thanks in large part to "Phineas," Disney Channel caught Nickelodeon for the first time among boys 6-11, with a 2.0 rating in September and October. And in combination with such Disney Channel shows of recent vintage as "Good Luck Charlie," "Shake It Up," "A.N.T. Farm" and "Jessie," "Phineas" has helped push Disney Channel past Nick among kids 6-11 year-to-date.

The drawing power of "Phineas" was also illustrated by the August premiere of the franchise's first original smallscreen film, "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension," which became cable's No. 1 animated telecast of all time among kids 2-11, ranks first year-to-date for all scripted TV in 6-11 and 9-14, and is No. 1 for cable scripted television this year in total viewers. Nearly 8 million viewers overall watched the initial airing of the telepic.

"Phineas" has also been a global success across foreign Disney channels. When it premiered in July on China's CCTV, it reached 145 million total viewers within six weeks.

The show is also a textbook case of Disney machine in motion, with permutations emerging through DVDs, Disney Interactive Studios (including Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and Sony PlayStation 3 videogames), Walt Disney Records, Disney Consumer Products (from clothes and household items to branded yogurt and an upcoming Kellogg's cereal) and live shows at Disney resorts as well as on tour. Through Disney Publishing, more than 5 million "Phineas" books have been sold via 90 separate titles, along with comics and an eight-issues-a-year magazine in 45 countries.

According to Disney Consumer Products, the burgeoning "Phineas" business is expected to triple in 2012.

Contact Jon Weisman at [email protected]

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111804 ... um=twitter
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Hope this wasn't posted before, but I have been watching Phineas and Ferb since the preview episodes, and the following music video is by far my favorite. What I believe is the best songwriting of the whole series, and allusions to both Titanic, and quite possibly, Aladdin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7d4TFNBgyCs" frameborder="0"></iframe>
blackcauldron85

Re: Phineas and Ferb

Post by blackcauldron85 »

‘Phineas and Ferb’ Revived at Disney Channel
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235298954/

‘Phineas And Ferb’ Will Return For 40 New Episodes
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/series/disn ... 24944.html
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney+ Original “Phineas And Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe” To Air On The Disney Channel
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-or ... y-channel/
NeoSuperBlissey wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:09 pm SWAMPY'S BACK!!!!!!

https://www.thewrap.com/jeff-swampy-mar ... b-revival/
I have high hopes that the new show will be just as good since both creators are coming back!
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

The official Disney corporate website, in a press release celebrating the 40th anniversary of Disney Channel, has confirmed that the P&F revival will also air on Disney Channel in addition to Disney+.
As Disney Channel turns 40, it continues to build on this legacy with imaginative, award-winning programming that is beloved by both the young and young at heart— including current series Raven’s Home, Big City Greens, Kiff, Hamster & Gretel, BUNK’D, Secrets of Sulphur Springs, The Villains of Valley View, Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Saturdays, as well as the upcoming revival of Phineas and Ferb, new installments in the ZOMBIES franchise, and much more.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... ogramming/