Phineas and Ferb

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

dvdjunkie wrote:You can't honestly tell me that you think she is good looking, can you?

Can you say that she is a talented singer, or entertainer?

Probably not!!!

I stated my personal feelings about this, and I am sorry if you don't agree. Ashley Tisdale is not the next Katherine Hepburn. She can't act her way out of a paper bag with a hole in it.

These are my own personal beliefs, and I will stick to them. There are just a handful of Disney-made actresses/singers that cut it in my book. Ashley Tisdale is not one of those.
Nobody is claiming anything like that! We've told you that before, so stop hiding behind that 'excuse'. We just find it harsh (and sad) that a man of your age (who is supposed to be wiser and above this) makes hurtful remarks about a teenage girl's fysical appearance. And not once, but twice. And who seems to be enjoying himself for doing it, too. Especially in this day and age where girls are under constant media pressure to look 'perfect', I think it's a foolish and irresponsible thing to say. But we already told you that before,
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

So we all have to go with what you say as the last word?

And the word "physical" is spelled this way, not with an "f" like you did.

And being older and wiser has nothing to do with what I believe. If I think a person has a problem, I won't lie about it, or tell them something that is supposed to make them feel better. It's not only my opinion or your opinion that shapes the world. And if young ladies think they have to be 'perfect' that is all on them, and their parents or people they call friends.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

dvdjunkie wrote:So we all have to go with what you say as the last word?
Oh no, if you want to across as an asshole who likes to talk trash about teenage girls based on their appearance, you be my guest. You're allowed to make a foolm out of yourself as much as you want. Just don't use silly excuses to hide yourself behind.
dvdjunkie wrote:And the word "physical" is spelled this way, not with an "f" like you did.
dvdjunkie wrote:And being older and wiser has nothing to do with what I believe. If I think a person has a problem, I won't lie about it, or tell them something that is supposed to make them feel better. It's not only my opinion or your opinion that shapes the world. And if young ladies think they have to be 'perfect' that is all on them, and their parents or people they call friends.
Well, I would support people in accepting themselves they way they are, instead of promoting nose-jobs or other plastic surgery to impressionable young girls who may slightly deviate of what the media describes as 'desirable'. Again, you have every right to be vain and superficial. Just don't pretend you're doing a good deed with it.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Open your freaking eyes!!!!

I am probably the most honest and open person that you will ever find in your lifetime. I hide behind no masks, like some people, and am not afraid to say I watch the Disney Channel and like most of what I see.

Movies are supposed to entertain, not supposed to bore some people to death like some films that you watch.

It must be rather boring not having any friends, and not being to express yourself (telling people how you really feel) freely.

:D :D :D :D
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Thanks to Goliath this thread has gotten way off track. Let's get back to the best television series on the Disney Channel "The Adventures of Phineas and Ferb". Best family show on television!!!
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed May 22, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Dr Frankenollie wrote: :x That was a horrible thing to say you opinionated old man.

If Goliath was suspended for what he did in the Theme of Wishing thread, you should be BANNED.

And as for your next post, from what I've seen (even if I haven't really participated in this particular discussion previously) you got this off-topic, not Goliath.
^This.

dvdjunkie always gets away with being provocative, rude, insulting, and employing hate speech because he doesn't use any swear words and calls it just his "opinion". :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Here's a protip:

How about all of you whiners STFU?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Agree totally!!!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

dvdjunkie wrote:Thanks to Goliath this thread has gotten way off track.
Takes two to tango. And Goliath clearly wasn't dancing alone here.

Which brings me to:
Dr Frankenollie wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:It must be rather boring not having any friends, and not being to express yourself (telling people how you really feel) freely.
:x That was a horrible thing to say you opinionated old man.
The last time I was threatened with suspension, it was over merely insinuating DVDjunkie might be old. Just a heads-up: you might not want to go this route.

Super Aurora wrote:Here's a protip:

How about all of you whiners STFU?
I also have a tip. The moderators have told them to take it to E-Mail many times if I remember correctly. Maybe if just one of you would at least put out their address, you could say when the moderators have to take action: (so and so) refused to mail me because they want drama on the board. In front of everyone. And can't be mature and take it off the board.

It's something to think about.
Last edited by Lazario on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lazario wrote:The last time I was threatened with suspension, it was over merely insinuating DVDjunkie was old. Just a heads-up, you might not want to go this route.
What are you insinuating exactly? That dvdjunkie is getting special treatment here?

I do think, however, that commenting on someone's age is a cheap shot. Age has nothing to do with it. He could be 20 years old and still have the same personality and exhibit the same behavior. Don't tell me that you haven't met young people that think and behave like dvdjunkie does.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

rexcrk wrote:At least it's actually animated instead of using Flash :roll:
Actually, I think that it is Flash animated. I know they're using the Toon Boom software for the animation. And most of it is outsourced too.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the visual style and design.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Sotiris wrote:What are you insinuating exactly? That dvdjunkie is getting special treatment here?

I do think, however, that commenting on someone's age is a cheap shot. Age has nothing to do with it. He could be 20 years old and still have the same personality and exhibit the same behavior. Don't tell me that you haven't met young people that think and behave like dvdjunkie does.
That's a lot to assume from 2 sentences, no offense. What I was insinuating, which I thought was pretty clear, is that I was warned by the moderators not to say things like "you're old" or to even suggest them through metaphor (or whatever I was using at the time- it was many months ago). So, I don't think it's "okay" when someone else does it. That means, in this case, Frankenollie.

But you clearly had more to say on this. And I'm glad to hear it. Just, next time, please don't derive your opinions from something you think I've said. For what it's worth, I agree with you. My entire reason for even bothering to post a reply was that - even though one specific member was suspended - I think several people are to blame.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

im pretty sure it's not flash.

anyway, the movie was fun and clever. just saw it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ajmrowland wrote:I'm pretty sure it's not Flash.
Pulcinella Awards 2009

Special Mention for the Best Flash Animation:

PHINEAS AND FERB (U.S., Disney Television Animation)
The warmth and pacing of the series demonstrate exceptional use of Flash animation.
Source: http://www.awn.com/news/awards/phineas- ... page/1%2C1
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

:shock: bu........but it,,,,,,,,,wha? :shock:
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

Ashley's nose may be a bit odd, that is because she had trouble breathing and had to have it fixed for her health. I think the last thing she would care about is how odd her nose is, she's grateful that they've stopped her condition.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Getting back on track to what the title of this thread says:

If you bought the "2d Dimension" DVD at Toy R Us you got the bonus disc that has two episodes of Phineas and Ferb, and the hilarious "Take Two" with Phineas and Ferb's guests that include Seth Rogen, Jack Black and Taylor Swift. Really a great treat for those who like P&F.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.