The Barbie Animated Movies

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I heard that too. I hope they make other fairytale films ("Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast", "The Little Mermaid" and "Snow White") with Barbie in the leading role after "Sleeping Beauty".
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Yeah,The Little Mermaid will be neat :D.
I can really see a Beauty and the Beast version.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Honestly, I'm rather surprised they haven't made a "Cinderella" one. It is the fairy tale, right?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Yeah, it is strange. Mattel even made Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White dolls for their Princess Collection despite not having a movie for those dolls.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

I caught the "Barbie in Swan Lake" on Nickelodeon a few years ago and I actually enjoyed it except for some of the character designs, like the little kids. I guess they're limited to what the doll products can physically be like.

I haven't seen any other Barbie movie except for snippets of "Island Princess" which was kind of lame, but a good effort. The Rapunzel one sounds exciting. Do they all have songs like with the characters singing? I don't remember is Swan Lake did.

There is one thing I've always been wondering...for "The Princess and the Pauper," how the heck do they get the two girls confused for each other if they have different hair colors?
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I caught the "Barbie in Swan Lake" on Nickelodeon a few years ago and I actually enjoyed it except for some of the character designs, like the little kids. I guess they're limited to what the doll products can physically be like.
I always thought dolls looked nothing like their animated counterparts, for example, main character in "Fairytopia" has short hair, but the doll has really long hair.
I haven't seen any other Barbie movie except for snippets of "Island Princess" which was kind of lame, but a good effort. The Rapunzel one sounds exciting. Do they all have songs like with the characters singing? I don't remember is Swan Lake did.
"Swan Lake" features music from Tchaikovsky's ballet of the same name (like Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"), while "The Princess and the Pauper" and "The Island Princess" are the only Barbie films with original songs.
There is one thing I've always been wondering...for "The Princess and the Pauper," how the heck do they get the two girls confused for each other if they have different hair colors?
:lol: The brunette wears a blond wig.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

CGI Three Musketeers Movie coming to DVD 9/15 with Barbie

Post by disneyboy20022 »

thedigitalbits.com wrote:Additional Universal DVD announcements include Barbie and The Three Musketeers.....on 9/15
What's next...Barbie become Robyn Hood???? :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Wha...?

And they still haven't done CINDERELLA!!!!!!

They must be trying hard not to touch fairy tales that Disney has made, since they haven't done SW, BATB, TLM, SB, and so forth.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Are you serious?

This is just getting more and more out of hand.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

What's next? Barbie as Hannibal Lecter?

It's not a Disney property I swear!
Raf
Limited Issue

Re: The Barbie Animated Movies

Post by Raf »

Did CGI Barbie movies series ended?
The last one I saw was Three Musketeers in like, 2009 I think? So I wanted to check how they look like today (of course I saw trailers, posters etc. for many, but haven't fully watched them), and I noticed there was no new movie released after 'Dolphin Magic' from 2017. There is also no trailers or news about another one.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I think there hasn't been a new one yet because the animation studio making these movies is working on a Barbie TV show called Barbie: Dreamhouse Adventures. Barbie: Dolphin Magic served as the pilot to that TV show. Maybe they couldn't pull off working both on a new movie and a TV series at the same time so it got postponed. Maybe Mattel's holding off on more CG movies until the live-action Barbie movie gets released. Admittedly, these are just theories, but cancelling the Barbie film series seems very unlikely to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The next animated Barbie movie will be a musical called "Barbie: Princess Adventure". It's coming out this year.

Source: https://issuu.com/worldscreen/docs/tv_k ... creen_2020
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It looks awful. These films used to be so good, it's a real shame they abandoned the style of the first few.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I didn't know they still made this kind of films. Who knew there's still profit to be made. Kind of reminds me the endless sequels to The Swan Princess.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Redadoodles
Gold Classic Collection

Re:

Post by Redadoodles »

Mooky wrote:Yeah, it is strange. Mattel even made Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White dolls for their Princess Collection despite not having a movie for those dolls.
Mattel wanted to produce a version of Sleeping Beauty but cancelled it when they realized that Disney owned the name Aurora. I'm also sure they didn't want to have tension between Disney and their company by producing a version of that fairy tale. Same goes for Cinderella I suppose.
Disney execs were not pleased at all when Barbie started to have her own line of films as it was a direct competition with their own princesses. A few years later, war began between Disney and Mattel when the latter released their line of dolls called Ever After High. As a result, Disney moved away from them , created the Descendants line and gave their license to Mattel's biggest rival, Hasbro.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Poster, teaser trailer, and full trailer for the next Barbie movie.

Source: https://corporate.mattel.com/news/matte ... big-dreams

Songs.

Before Us
Lyric video
Music video

See You at the Finish Line
Lyric video
Music video

Big City, Big Dreams
Lyric video
Music video

Playground of Our Dreams
Lyric video
Music video

Good Vibes
Lyric video
Music video

Work It
Lyric video
Music video
Disney Duster

Re: Re:

Post by Disney Duster »

Redadoodles wrote:Mattel wanted to produce a version of Sleeping Beauty but cancelled it when they realized that Disney owned the name Aurora. I'm also sure they didn't want to have tension between Disney and their company by producing a version of that fairy tale. Same goes for Cinderella I suppose.
Disney execs were not pleased at all when Barbie started to have her own line of films as it was a direct competition with their own princesses. A few years later, war began between Disney and Mattel when the latter released their line of dolls called Ever After High. As a result, Disney moved away from them , created the Descendants line and gave their license to Mattel's biggest rival, Hasbro.
Disney can't own the name Aurora. It's in the Perrault fairy tale and the Tchaikovsky ballet! Also, that's f***ed up of Disney to do to Mattel.