Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:00 pmBtw, Aaron Blaise had a similar announcement on his video about the 15th Anniversary of Brother Bear. About making his own Audio Commentary for that movie.
Do you have a link for that? I love Brother Bear, so I'm definitely interested.
Thumper_93 wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:09 am Today a new pin has been released in Europe's Disney store website.
That pin looks great. It also features the anniversary logo for the film.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Kevin's Lima's commentary:
https://youtu.be/O2a8rt49sNA
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:40 pm Kevin's Lima's commentary:
https://youtu.be/O2a8rt49sNA
I haven't watched it yet, but I'm glad it features photos, concept art and things like that, which will make it more interesting visually. Kevin Lima says in an interview he didn't include the film itself in the video not to have problems with Disney. It's a shame, as the commentary would be easier to follow that way, but his decision is understandable.
But since this is not an officially sanctioned video โ€” "Nobody paid us to do this," he said โ€” Lima avoided the ire of Disney's legal department by not uploading the entirety of "Enchanted" to play in a split-screen manner. Instead, it's largely a two-camera set-up buoyed by his photos, home videos, art, and recollections about the scripting, casting, songwriting, costumes, choreography, make-up, and more.
Source: https://www.slashfilm.com/1105308/encha ... interview/

Curiously, this is not the only special content he's making to celebrate the film's anniversary, as he'll also take part in a watch party organized by Disney this Thursday on Twitter.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm just wondering how come Disney didn't reissue the movie on 4K? Even as a Movie Club exclusive.
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: โ†‘Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:59 pm I'm just wondering how come Disney didn't reissue the movie on 4K? Even as a Movie Club exclusive.
I'd LOVE that! But it seems Disney or the home video department at Disney is no more. :( I still can't believe that they haven't released The Sword in the Stone on 4K Disc. I mean, they have the transfer on Disney+ and yay for that, but could we at least get it on dics as well? :cry: It seems like the home video department only focuses on new releases, sadly.
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's the Enchanted watch party Twitter thread where Kevin Lima shared some details about the Disney references in the movie: https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/15 ... 1891306496

I already knew about most of them, but I don't think I had noticed the way Giselle arrived in the real world was an Alice in Wonderland tribute or that Morgan acted as a fairy godmother to Giselle in the shopping sequence. It was also interesting to learn he added references to The Princess and the Frog and Tangled because he knew these movies were in development at Disney.

Now, I'll need to watch the commentary, which I haven't seen yet.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, after listening to the full commentary, I must say that liked it. Despite how I wanted Lima to talk more about the animated sequences, he still gave many interesting tidbits about the movie. I watched the video on YouTube without watching the movie simultaneously, for the sake of the pictures that were shown on the video. I never felt that I missed anything, for knowing the movie well enough. I wonder if he`ll ever going to make a commentary for A Goofy Movie :D
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:37 amDo you have a link for that? I love Brother Bear, so I'm definitely interested.
Yup. Here it is! They talk about it from 1:44:33; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxR_uIXD5r8&t=4880s
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

OH MY GOD!!

A commentary for Enchanted?!?!?! This is one step closer to my dream-enchanted-release!!
Between this, the target-exclusive making and the official dvd... all I need now is that cut song and I will be set! hahhaha
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Don't you mean you would want the original Blu-ray included? And there were two cut songs, one for Nancy that was the title song and the other a duet with her and Edward.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Yes... I mean all the bonus stuff from the blu ray, plus the target dvd, plus this commentary... plus that darn deleted song!

The duet between Edward and Nancy WAS the song named "Enchanted". I listened to the commentary, and the only other deleted song was a villain song for Narissa called "No one stands in my way" or something like that. But that one wasn't filmed.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ohhhh ok. I'd like demos of every song written!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ste ... 34495.html
Stephen Schwartz wrote:Enchanted was fun because we were making fun of Disney and making fun of ourselves. With โ€œThatโ€™s How Your Know,โ€ we were satirizing the idea of an Alan Menken song like โ€œUnder the Sea.โ€ And then Kevin Lima, the director, had the idea that it would be set in Central Park and everyone there would be magically attracted to Giselle [played by Amy Adams], whether it was animals or people. She would gradually accumulate all these people around her and the song would start a cappella and then grow and grow into this enormous production number with people dancing and street bands playing. Meanwhile, the Patrick Dempsey character is very embarrassed about how public itโ€™s all getting!

I think it would be really cool to see Enchanted on Broadway โ€” there's been discussion of it from time to time. Youโ€™d have to figure out how to jump back and forth between animation and live actors, but the technology definitely exists now. I could see it happening someday, although I canโ€™t tell you that there are immediate plans for doing that.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

The term "satirizing" is so interesting to me when it comes to Enchanted. That specific term has kind of a negative connotation. It implies that the subject, in this case Enchanted, is somehow the butt of some joke, but that's not how I'd characterize the film, and that's a large part of why the film works. Like, you have Patrick Dempsey lampshading the improbability of falling in love with someone after one day, buuuuuut ... then he falls in love with Giselle after just one day once he opens his heart to the possibility of happiness.

I think the word Schwartz is looking for is "homage."
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Wow i never thought of that before, but Enchanted as a Broadway Musical would be neat! Thanks for the sharing, blackcauldron85! Giselle could maybe talk to the audience ala Dora and Robert be like "who are you talking to girl" lol :P (they could make all the animated characters as they become real interact with the audience). They could have this huge cinema screen and they could keep 80% of the gorgeous original Animation and could reanimate the scene of the wishing well, were instead of the camera showing her fall upside down, Animated Giselle could fall directly torwards the audience and she would then literally break the forth wall and Pop out of the screen lol. (Same with Edward and Nancy at the end but the other way around). Maybe then she could interact with the audience real quick and then many New yorkers pass around her on stage and she asks them for help and the normal storyline goes on.

And later when she starts singing "Thats how u know" to specific people in the crowd , they can have like 5 actors disguised as regular people from the audience and they stand up with spotlights on them and sing along and they approach to the song and walk on stage in a big over the top Choreography with 20 more people from stage, as this would reinforce this idea of Giselle magically attracting normal people (audiences) to join the Musical number. :)
I would love to see Enchanted on Broadway more than anything else out of Disney! This could be a HUGE hit. :D (Although i dont know how real pip could be pulled off, maybe a hand puppet? :oops: ) Enchanted is easily one of my top 10 fav Disney movies ever! (Also I think the concept of the Barbie movie is almost identical to Enchanted, although both have different important messages) :milkbuds:

Yes PatchofBlue, Enchanted as a whole isnt a satire, but Andalasia alone pretty much pokes fun at Disney (tropes) and shows how unrealistic they are, but at the same time embraces that at heart with Robert falling for that and living ever after, a sceptical dude who gets "enchanted" to disney magic, as as you said, that even unrealistic expectations like falling in love after one day and more can still occure in real life when you are open to Ever After. (I think Enchanted was still promoted as a Disney satire as this was what was trendy the last years, with Shrek for example). But this and the disney tropes and references worked so well here, unlike in Wish (i justified my opinion in my upcoming Wish review). :)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

PatchofBlue wrote: โ†‘Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:06 pm I think the word Schwartz is looking for is "homage."
I agree. The term "satire" has such a negative connotation. I saw Enchanted as a tribute to all the great Disney classics. A tribute done in a respectful manner.