Signature Collection

Paddington (2014)

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I'm glad they're doing this but I really wish it could have been animated...or at LEAST CGI!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

The first thought that came to my mind was "No. Just no. Look at Scooby Doo, Garfield, and the upcoming Alvin and the Chipmunks." But then I saw that David Heyman was involved, and that the project would keep a British sense of humor and whimsy. Now I have to admit I'm looking forward to it. It's not something I'm clamoring to see, but it could be a nice, charming way to spend an hour and a half if it's done correctly. I remember enjoying the animated series a lot as a kid.
candydog
Gold Classic Collection

Post by candydog »

I think this is a wonderful idea - when that article said that they were going to do it in a similar manner to "Stuart Little" (CGI animal, live humans and surroundings) something just clicked for me. I hope it turns out well as it's a real classic. As long as they keep the nature of the old stories and don't try to make it in a way that'll be the "most appealing" to todays generation i.e. Turn it into a Garfield/Bewitched movie with an entirely different sense of humor to the original, it could be a great adaptation.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Most new movies today are completely worthless. There's no difference between this film and about 45 other "family" films made from children's entertainment staples. From The Cat in the Hat to The Country Bears. All the same. Nothing of value. Fluff, fluff, fluff. Not even satisfying fluff. Why should we get excited for this? It's not going to make anyone happier.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

If it is done correctly and stays true to the original Paddington Bear stories and its very British background, it could become something very nice and sweet to spend 90 minutes on, but I am really worried that it could turn be modernized like they did with Garfield which was totally awful.
I've always liked Paddington Bear, so this could be exciting.
candydog
Gold Classic Collection

Post by candydog »

OFF TOPIC: Disneykid!!! You have the most stylish matching avatars and sigs ever!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! You always have such a good one each time you change it!!!

ON TOPIC: Yes!!!! Please do not modernise paddington!!!!! it could turn out well if done right - I still think Bewitched should have kept it's 60s style for the movie!!!!!!!!
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I LOVED when "Pinwheel" on Nick (yes, a LONG Time ago) would air Paddington Bear shorts. I thought they were cute. This could have the potential to be a great movie. I hope they'd manage to keep it "G" as there just aren't enough "G" movies released these days.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I think this is doomed to failure. The old series was nothing more than 5 minute shorts. I can't see how anything Paddington related can be strung out to a 70-90 minute film. It's bound to be different - and as such not the same as everyone's memories.

Still, I could be wrong. I am wrong sometimes. :D
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

candydog wrote:OFF TOPIC: Disneykid!!! You have the most stylish matching avatars and sigs ever!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! You always have such a good one each time you change it!!!
Thanks! :D I always like to have my avatar and sig match styles, and when I saw the Hatter artwork from my avatar, I knew I just had to use it and track down the other pieces in the series to use as a banner. I love the result so much that I'm going to stick with it till it's time to update for Christmas.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

A Paddington Bear Movie Live Action CGI Hybrid in 2014

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The beloved children’s character will star in a film mixing live-action with a computer-generated bear.

The project is the brainchild of David Heyman, producer of the Harry Potter franchise, who has spent several years bringing the film to fruition.

“Paddington Bear is a universally loved character, treasured for his optimism, his sense of fair play, and his perfect manners - and, of course, for his unintentional talent for comic chaos,” said Heyman.

In a sign that the film might be quirkier than the average children’s offering, it will be directed by Paul King, whose previous credits include the anarchic television series The Mighty Boosh and Come Fly With Me, the airport comedy starring David Walliams and Matt Lucas.

Heyman is partnering with StudioCanal, the French production company, and the release date is likely to be 2014.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... s-way.html

Also there has been some casting done

Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville Is Lead Human In Paddington Bear Adaptation
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Downton- ... 37956.html

ichabod
Diamond Edition

Re: A Paddington Bear Movie Live Action CGI Hybrid in 2014

Post by ichabod »

I wonder if they'll go 3D. I wonder what marmalade sandwiches will look like in 3D ;)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ichabod wrote:I wonder what marmalade sandwiches will look like in 3D ;)
WIST! (this feels kinda awkward with Escapay back and all :P )

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I came into this thread expecting the usual "NOOOOO" fest, and it's unusually deprived f that.

Then I see David Heyman's attached and all makes sense.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I'm intrigued! And I'm also wondering why knowing this is in British hands makes me feel less negative than usual...
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

When I was little, I remember there was a Paddington Bear TV show on HBO that I loved. Always wanted to eat marmalade. I think doing a hybrid film is a really good choice for this-- I look forward to seeing it.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

I thought I was the only one that remembered the TV show! Being a fan of that, as well as the books by Michael Bond, I'm definitely looking forward to this!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Oh you're far from the only ine to remember the books
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Would be fun if Paddington could appear as he used to, rather then being a CGI bear.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I'm really sorry to do this, but I feel like I have to!

:facepalm:

Really? I'm getting a little tired of all these live-action/CGI hybrids.