Anastasia (1997)

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I almost bought this movie, but didn't want to spend too much money, so I ended up with Iron Giant. Is the 2005 DVD worth a purchase?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:I almost bought this movie, but didn't want to spend too much money, so I ended up with Iron Giant. Is the 2005 DVD worth a purchase?
I'd say Yes if it is the 2005 2-disc DVD....though the cover art I think is terrible....its one of the dvds that truley coins the phrase don't judge a movie by its cover art.

Here is a review on it and its only like $13 through amazon I think I even saw it for $13 at the local wal-mart

Here is the review on it (the 2-disc rerelase which you should buy not the old release and this release is in widescreen even and it has a commentary with Don Bluth about the film and that's not even 1/4 of it:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/20609/an ... n-edition/

and here is the amazon.com link

http://www.amazon.com/Anastasia-Family- ... 322&sr=1-1
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

This whole "Disney Magic" thing is a bunch of corporate bullcrap. What's next? The "Nintendo Magic"? "

Only reason Disney films get recognized is by marketing strategies. Period. Only reason it has this so called "magic" is because Disney follows a brand, an identity and this is it's family value wholesome appeal which is easiest set to attach the word magic to it. It's all creative marketing. That's all. What's needs to be judged is whether a film is great or not. Period.

I found Batman: TAS, Akira, Ghost in a shell, Looney Toons, Iron Giant, Berserk, and so on, outstanding animated films/series. Do they have this so call "Perfect Disney Magic"? No.

It's not Disney for one, they don't have to abide to some brand rule(being family friendly with wholesome appeal), and yet they are still great films or series whether the public knows of it or not.

I bet that when Disney started his studio and produce his animated stuff, he wasn't thinking of saying "It has to have goddamn "Magic Charm!" No he was just producing good quality films with slight liberties from original sources to fit for everyone to see. That's all.

What makes something great what intended by creator to produce something great with intent they have in making the work a well quality material, whether it's aimed for adult, children or both. What becomes popular or iconic isn't it's work nowadays but it's marketing. That's all.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Anastasia and Disney Magic

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, I believe in Disney Magic. I thought everyone here would try to.

Sometimes it's hard, but I believe in a true Disney magic unique only to Disney films.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:I almost bought this movie, but didn't want to spend too much money, so I ended up with Iron Giant. Is the 2005 DVD worth a purchase?
I'd say Yes if it is the 2005 2-disc DVD....though the cover art I think is terrible....its one of the dvds that truley coins the phrase don't judge a movie by its cover art.

Here is a review on it and its only like $13 through amazon I think I even saw it for $13 at the local wal-mart

Here is the review on it (the 2-disc rerelase which you should buy not the old release and this release is in widescreen even and it has a commentary with Don Bluth about the film and that's not even 1/4 of it:

$6.00 at the place I was looking, but they sell used copies. Still good, though, and thanks anyway.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

disneyboy20022 wrote:

$6.00 at the place I was looking, but they sell used copies. Still good, though, and thanks anyway.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Why did Bluth leave Disney?
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

As for the real Anastasia well I don't believe they all died in that cellar.

Before 1999 I didn't care about the Romanov's at all and was convinced they were dead. Then I started working at a computer refurbisher in an old warehouse in St. Louis. While in that building everything changed. I started thinking about Anastasia and the Romanov's and believing some of them or perhaps all were rescued by time travelers and replaced with clones. No one in our time could tell clones from normal people useless they knew exactly where to look in the DNA which I don't have clue. In my mind Romanov's and time travel go together like bread and butter. My change of view on the subject as mentioned above is not normal.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

bradhig wrote:My change of view on the subject as mentioned above is not normal.
Really? ;)
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I didn't change my mind it's like something changed it for me.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

The Romanov Family Mystery

Post by bradhig »

The Anastasia mystery is one thing the continues to intrigue me even thou they came to have found all the bodies. The only way any of the family could have escaped the cellar was through time travel or a transporter on a starship. There is no way we would ever know cause they would have covered their tracks too well. I heard they couldn't get good DNA off the bones because of gene sequence gaps so they had to simulate the DNA. Simulate that doesn't make any sense. For some reason the romanovs and time travel go together like bread and butter, peanut butter and jelly. I just don't know why.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

I seriously always thought time travel and dryers went together like bread and butter. 8)

Interesting take on the Romanov mystery. I've just been getting into that, and I must admit, time travel never entered my mind. You should write a book about that. :)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Linden wrote:I seriously always thought time travel and dryers went together like bread and butter. 8)

Interesting take on the Romanov mystery. I've just been getting into that, and I must admit, time travel never entered my mind. You should write a book about that. :)
I have a good idea for one called Mission 1918.

by the way my avatar is the time tunnel from the 1960s The Time Tunnel.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I just started writing it.

Here is a preview

It is the year 2126 and time travel is a reality. Under the control of the U.N.s Temporal Operations Commission or T.O.C. teams are sent back through time on transfer missions to help those who the nations of earth believe history treated unfairly. Now Commander Brad Harris and his high ranking transfer team must travel to the year 1918 to undo one nation's shame while still preserving history. It is a mission they all fear because all simulations and all indications are that the team may not come back alive. from. The one mission they alone must complete. The one mission that will take them into that dreaded room.

Mission: 1918
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Maybe Anna Anderson the woman who claimed to be Anastasia was a clone. Her own family wouldn't sign an Act of David for her. Why didn't they recognize her?

I have been having a lot of strong thoughts about this lately and feel a warn burning inside me. I believe Anastasia is meant to return somehow and rule Russia. I saw white ,blue ,and red colors on a painting in a waiting that resembled the Russian Flag which I believe was a sign. I am working on another story right now about Anastasia and something called The Philadelphia Experiment. Some they that that experiment resulted in the accidental discovery of time travel. Look it sometime.

Anastasia Romanov where you and other siblings who maybe white you. We are gonna find you and bring you home.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Finally got the Bu Ray edition today. Awesome cover art it's like someone read my mind.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

What I believe to be a very horrifying revelation came to me today.

I believe in a past life I was in that cellar and was the guard that was supposed to kill Anastasia Romanov but I don't think I did. I have seen her in a hazy black and white outline around me from time to time and I think if I believe she brought me back for some reason. Maybe to find a way to bring her and her siblings back from wherever they got stuck.

That is if you believe in reincarnation.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Well you could have new souls and reincarnated souls together. Reincarnation is sometimes believed to only have to some people, because they want it or they need "another chance" at life or they weren't good enough to get into heaven or nirvana or whatever the theories are.

I don't think people should believe in reincarnation, though, because I think you should see each person in history as their own unique selves. See everyone as the new individuals they are.