Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

Post by Atlantica »

Really glad you had a lovely time :)

And you are right, there will be a few things 'done an dusted' so to speak for next time, so you can make the most of viewing/riding all new things for your next trip !
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Is there a CD that has been released for the 20th anniversary yet? I know they did one for the 15th.... Would like to have the score for 'Disney Dreams'. I know that's a bit of a stretch, but worth asking!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I know this might sound a really dumb question, but was just looking at construction photos of the Ratatouille ride at WDS.....and a question popped into my head. Why?

Why of all films in the Pixar and Disney archives was Ratatouille selected? Is it because its French? It doesn't scream MAKE ME A DARK RIDE when you watch it (for me personally) and it doesn't ever strike me as being ride-worthy popular either?

What do you guys think of it?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well, plans are apparantly moving along for Disney to buy out Disneyland Resort Paris ...

http://disneybrit.com/news/are-disney-p ... is-owners/

What do you think this will mean for the park ? If it gets some care and attention like the New Fantasyland expansion, it would be amazing....
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Huh. Somehow I never knew they were independently owned. Odd. I guess that explains some of the lax standards.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Yes, that was all part of the initial hoo-hah of it all being built.

I wonder what it will actually mean for the park in itself? Expansion, or improving on what is already there ?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... apart.html

I have just come back from there and didn't notice half of these things ?! :? The shows yes, were noticeable, but other than that ....

I won't deny it needs an injection of cash to bolster up the park, such as a new ride for the actual Disneyland Park, but the people etc weren't unpleasant !

It needs to have Ariel's Undersea Adventure installed where it should have been in the first place - a Princess attraction will be a HUGE hit, no matter what the actual ride is like. Pull the focus back into the Disneyland Park over 'Pixar-ing' the Studios.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Paris is certainly the worst maintained park, especially when compared to California or Tokyo. Chipped paint and scuff marks are all over the interiors and exteriors of the buildings and rides (see the Carousel as a perfect example), metal railings are obviously rusting and effects on rides remain broken for weeks or months at a time. More work has been done since the 20th, but they have a long way to go and if money is hard to come by then it can't get done as fast. Which in some cases may put guests and cast at risk.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

They are certainly repairing / painting etc at the moment, there is a lot of that going on in the parks. Will that help ? Who knows. Peter Pan's Flight was down for a few weeks for refurb and has just reopened; we shall see what has gone on there in the next few days.

Do you think they should have scrapped the Ratatooie (sorry I can't spell it) for something that would be more 'crowd pleasing' ? IE the abandoned Mermaid ride ? Or just pumped that money into the maintenance of the parks ? The latter seems to make more sense to me.

Though it can't be denied that Disney Dreams! is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, either in or outside of a Disney park. That they cannot be faulted on.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:They are certainly repairing / painting etc at the moment, there is a lot of that going on in the parks. Will that help ? Who knows. Peter Pan's Flight was down for a few weeks for refurb and has just reopened; we shall see what has gone on there in the next few days.

Do you think they should have scrapped the Ratatooie (sorry I can't spell it) for something that would be more 'crowd pleasing' ? IE the abandoned Mermaid ride ? Or just pumped that money into the maintenance of the parks ? The latter seems to make more sense to me.

Though it can't be denied that Disney Dreams! is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, either in or outside of a Disney park. That they cannot be faulted on.
Both is the answer. WDSP really needs more big ticket draws to really sell it as a stand-alone day park. Plus it will improve the overall park asthetic and give it another table service restaurant which it really needs (there's far to much emphasis placed on food carts). I'm glad Ratatouille is being built, but the resort needs more (like Mermiad, or the rumoured Marvel and Star Wars stuff) along with regular and preventative maintenance. Until the money problems get fixed the resort may continue to be forced to pick and choose either or, unfortunately.

And Dreams is my favourite night-time Disney show that I have seen.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think you have hit the nail on the head for sure ..... the ride (though not my personal favourite, or what I would have chosen to create) will give more grounding to the park, and much needed theming.

I really wish France wouldn't put up so much of a fight to keep hold of Disneyland ... I'm sure there are huge technical reasons that I don't know / could never understand, but it just needs it now. Desperately.

Though the point could be argued that no, actually, they don't as the park has absolutely huge attendance figures...people will come no matter what state the park is in :?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Apparently the Indy coaster will close for 5 months next year for a major rebuild. Nothing new, just a better material for the structure. Hopefully a smoother ride too.

Refurbs continue with the Carousel and Main Street Transportation (that's why the nets were put up) among others. This time next year the park should look much better.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

It does strike me as odd that they are closing Indy to make no changes other than to make the stone be made out of more sustainable material ? I'm not a theme park technician, so I'm sorry if that is a significant alteration, but just seems a funny thing to focus on.

Loving the schedule of all the improvements though; has anyone seen the presentation Disney did for what they are doing in the coming years?

The new Frozen / Tangled float as well:

https://twitter.com/dedicatedtodlp/stat ... 17/photo/1
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I can't find the article at the moment, so apologies, but there are rumours going around that Armageddon at WDS will be re-themed to being a Marvel experience. Personally, I think that would be a great idea, and a non-obtrusive way to have them as a presence in the parks.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I can't find the article at the moment, so apologies, but there are rumours going around that Armageddon at WDS will be re-themed to being a Marvel experience. Personally, I think that would be a great idea, and a non-obtrusive way to have them as a presence in the parks.
I have heard this rumour too as part of a larger Marvel presence in WDSP. I would also like to see it happen.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Would just make sense wouldn't it? I'd be annoyed if they really did build an entire new ride around something Marvel, as Disney Classic property has been so neglected by Paris. But a re-theme of this attraction would be perfect.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I'd be annoyed if they really did build an entire new ride around something Marvel
I wouldn't. Not when the Studios park a) needs more and better rides and b) the park already has a mix of Disney and non-Disney properties. Would love to see "The Backlot" turned into something like Marvel Superhero Island at Islands of Adventure.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I know the studios is a mess, but they are developing seemingly everything for the studios, and Disneyland itself has had nothing new for a really long time !
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Some of these are really quite shocking, especially after DRP have been doing so well….

https://twitter.com/DLPRehabs