Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

Post by The Merman »

This thread is dedicated at reporting news and updates around Disneyland Resort Paris.

15 Year Celebration

2007 is a special year for all whom love Disneyland Resort Paris! The resort is turning 15 years old and is stacked with exciting new goodies to unleash on its visitors. A lot of building and planning has been happening in both parks over the last 2 years!

Disneyland Park is getting an exciting new parade called “Once Upon a Dream” and is directed by Katy Harris. The parade will have 150 performers plus an addition of 7 brand new floats!

Sleeping Beauty castle is getting a huge update with different Disney characters on the castle holding a candle. At night there shall be a show every evening around the castle area, where characters light up the castle to celebrate 15 years of magic!

Walt Disney Studios Park is getting an exciting addition of 4 new attractions!

Stitch Encounter
Crush’s Coaster
Cars: Race Rally
And the most anticipated of all… The Tower of Terror or the La Tour de la Terruer

Stitch Encounter will be housed in the current Disney Channel building and will mimic the one just opened in Hong Kong Disneyland. The attraction will have park guests, seated in an intimate theatre, carry on real-time conversations with the famous animated character.

Crush's Coaster and Cars: Race Rally are two new attractions build inside the new Toon Studio's.

Crush’s Coaster is a new dark ride type rollercoaster. The Coaster takes fast turns and spins as you go through a underwater world, along the East Australian current.

In Cars: Race Rally you get to be the driver of Lightning McQueen or any other Cars character while you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of Route 66 and Radiator Springs.

Finally the Tower of Terror has come to Paris! One of the best ranked attractions in the world is being built in the middle of the park! The attraction is rumored to be opened at the end of fiscal year 2007 before the Halloween festival in October.

Disneyland Resort Paris starts the 15 year celebrations from Aprill 2007 till may 2008
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

New exciting information about the Walt Disney Studios Park!

After all these years the Disneyland Paris imagineers have realized that opening a park with minimal theming and weak attractions does not work. The park has very low attendance numbers and is considered a flop by most visitors. The new attractions opening this year is a good attempt to try and lure more visitors, but they have decided it is time to work on the theming of the park as well.

The decision has been a secret for a very long time, but now we know that Walt Disney Studios is getting a Hollywood Boulevard like in Disney MGM Studios Florida!

Construction is starting this week around the area of ToT and the Studio Tram Tour. To have a better Idea here is a map

The area in red is where the new Hollywood Boulevard will appear!

Not only are they changing the theming, but all the courtyards in the park are getting new names!
-Production courtyard will now be Hollywood Studio
-Backlot will be Action Studio
-Animation Courtyard will change to Toon Studio
-Front Lot will keep its original name

Just to refresh your memory. This is what the Hollywood boulevard looks like at Disney MGM Studios Florida

Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Now that's good news to me! :)
I will be visiting Disneyland Resort Paris this July and YAY! there will be new attractions! The Stitch Encounter and Tower of Terror seem very interesting.
Nice pics! :thumb:
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

The picture are not mine, but borrowed from a few websites, but thanks anyway :wink:

Let me tell you when these new attractions actually open through out the year.

Cars and Crush open when the Toon Studios is opened in June. Tower of Terror opens near the Halloween season. To my dissapointment Stich will open late 2007

The new parade starts in March!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Is this for real?? I've been waiting (hoping) for something like this to happen since the park opened! Great news. :)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

Yeh this is real, im not here to serve you crap :)

They are already starting this upcomming week to transform the area indicated on the map. It will aprox. be ready by mid May. I have been waiting for this to happen too. The park had very bad theming and really needed a boost. At first the rumor was a Hollywood Backlot which looks 6 times worse then the Hollywood Boulevard, especialy in Cali Adventure.

Another rumor is even better about exstending Disney Village by half it current size! But this has not really been confirmed yet. I shall keep you posted if I know more
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Oh, that's sad. I'm gonna miss the Tower and Stitch! And I was so excited! :cry:
By the way, Merman, I'm glad you were pleased with Ariel's screenshot, you are welcome.I've been worried for a while because I thought you forgot to check it out and I've also sent you a private message about it! :D
Last edited by Aladdin from Agrabah on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

This is sweet!
I am tempted to save up for a weekend at DLP just to see all the new additions to the resort. It's about time the place returned to its original glory.

By the way, out of curiousity, where do you get all your information from?
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

By the way, out of curiousity, where do you get all your information from?
From many different websites, that have proven to be very reliable in the past. And I also know a few cast members that I speak to once in a while when there is something new.

There are a lot of french websites, so ill try and translate as best as I can.
My most frequent visited website for info is:
www.dlrp.fr

And just keep looking here as I will try and get most info possible on Disneyland Resort Paris and add a lot of pictures.
Last edited by The Merman on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Im going on Feb 1st-----do you think my stay will be effected by all the planning for the 15th anniversary stuff? Will things be shut?

Its a bummer I'm going to miss all of this, but oh well! Ill still love the old Disneyland!
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

atlanticaunderthesea I looked up the information about attractions closed during your stay at Disneyland Resort Paris.

It seems a few attractions are closed till the 9th of Febuary, so they wont be open when you go.

The attractions closed are:Autopia (Its never open, really)
-Le Carroussel de Lancelot ( The caroussel in the middel of Fantasyland)
-Casey Junior, le Petit Train du Cirque
-Le Pays des Contes de Fées (The boat trip next to Casey Junior)
-Les Mystères du Nautilus (old underwater attraction, not very exciting)

There are not many attractions closed but there is a lot of refurbishment going on around both parks. So you might see a lot of green steal plates around the park. They are trying to paint a lot before the 15 year celebration starts. And the Castle might be convored also, as it is due for a new paint job and character additions.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

THE CASTLE MIGHT BE COVERED??!????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T SEE IT ?!?!?!?!?!

OH NO ! ! !
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

Only a part of it, they are not covering the entire castle. And it is not clear when the Castle is getting the makeover, so when you are there it might not be the case yet!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Goodness, I hope not! Thank you for your help anyway! It was lovely of you to reply so quickly, and to help out!

This is starting to worry me now though! The castle is one of my favourite attractions!

Are parts of the Disney Studios going to be closed?
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

No I believe all parts of Disneystudio's will be open. Although there might be a lot of work going on around the backdrop near Studio Tramtour, as they are putting the new theming in place.

But there is already the new pimped version of the Cinema Parade that you can see!
EricMontreal22
Gold Classic Collection

Post by EricMontreal22 »

Thanks for the updates! It's great they're finally dealing with Studios--originally the Crunch coaster I thought would just be a simple kiddie coasteroutdoors wirth no real theming but now I know it will have dark ride elements that's much more exciting even if it's still pretty minor sounding.

While I have some complaints with California Adventures too it always seems that Disney did such a good job around that time with DisneySea in Tokyo and then really put no effort into Disney Studios (if the Paris Disneyland, which is spectacular and maybe my fave Magic Kingdom was paired up with Sea I'd be in heaven)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I only wish in Disneyland Resort Paris they had more Little Mermaid things, rides, shops, etc. I think its sad they don't!

I think it would be fabulous if they made a new park (which they will) and the castle featured was Atlantica! That would be amazing!

Thank you again for your help Merman
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

I always wonderd why they did not built Beaty and the Beasts castle in Disneyland Paris. Seeing as Beaty and the Beast is set in France. But I still love the current castle... As you see on the Little Mermaid dvd they did plan a Mermaid attraction but it never developed.

But now a Fresh new update!

Disney Village Exstension!

As I mentioned before, Disney Village is getting a new extension! *gasp*

Yes the very cold, unfriendly Disney Village is getting a well deserved update, with new shops, bars and more. The current Disney Village is nothing compared to the mega, friendly and cozy Downtown Disney in California or Florida. Works have already started, but are going in full gear at the start of 2008! Current new installments like the Imax theatre are already in place, and more are to follow.

A proposed short scale plan for the extensions can be found below.

As you can see the new areas are next to the Gaumont Cinema and behind the Mcdo. There will be a Wonderful World of Disney shop, an ESPN sports bar, A new Disco and a new train station. There will be more new shops and such that I can not comment on yet at this stage.

Although I can reveal a long term extension plan for Disney Village which looks very promising!

This shows a plan of the proposed development, with some already finished, and some still to be built. It was just in the news last week that the construction on Place Toscane has finished. But that is part of Val' Europe Shopping Centre, and not Disney village, so lets look back on the map.

It shows that the area around MCdo has been changed, and a new street has appeared behind the "Hotel touriste". Also has the extension at the Imax theatre extended even further to connect to this street behind the "Hotel Touriste". And there is a rumor that there are negotiations to built a big Virgin Megastore! To give you an idea of how the Virgin Mergastore looks in Downtown Disney Florida...

I think we can see where those $ 230.000.000, given by Walt Disney Co, is being spend on!
Enjoy this new exciting information!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Oooo now I see why all the expansion. It's about time Disney stepped in and gave away some cash. I never understood why the didn't do it earlier.
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

Thanks for the updates! It's great they're finally dealing with Studios--originally the Crunch coaster I thought would just be a simple kiddie coasteroutdoors wirth no real theming but now I know it will have dark ride elements that's much more exciting even if it's still pretty minor sounding.

While I have some complaints with California Adventures too it always seems that Disney did such a good job around that time with DisneySea in Tokyo and then really put no effort into Disney Studios (if the Paris Disneyland, which is spectacular and maybe my fave Magic Kingdom was paired up with Sea I'd be in heaven)
It is known that Disney has a contract with the French government to build a 3rd park by 2020! Everyone was shocked about the low enthusiasm by park guests about Walt Disney Studios that all talks for a 3rd park had seized. There have been plenty of rumors to keep everyone busy speculating what the third park will be. Some examples are an indoor water park or a nature park like Animal Kingdom. But it is known now that a water park would not fall under the 3rd park agreement with the French government, and a Nature/zoo type park is already present around Paris (and Animal Kingdom is also received as "not such a great park" by park visitors). There have been talks about a Westcot, which is a spin on Epcot of course. This was presumably the third park to be build in California, but they seized plans to try and fix the oh so shitty Californian Adventure first.
Disney Sea is so popular in Tokyo, that the first build Disneyland park is lifting on the shoulders of Disney Sea's succes. So it is not weird to think that any second or third park build by Disney from now on will be a Disney Sea type park. There are strong rumors that imagineers will give a Twist to the Disney Sea concept to make it in a park based around the 4 elements.

Is a third park coming, yes I do believe there is, as the contract between France and Disney has not been broken. Where or what, we really can not say yet.