Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
goofyestes
Limited Issue

Post by goofyestes »

It's hard to rate these movies since so many of them are great!
1. Cars (I love this movie!)
2. Monster's Inc (another favorite and right there with Cars)
3. Finding Nemo
4. Incredibles
5. A Bug's Life
and last the two Toy Story movies. I just didn't really care for either one. (I know. Now I can be banished! :lol: )
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

BUMP

HEY EVERYONE!! I created this thread a while back to rank all the Disney/Pixar films in order of your favorite to least favorite. Since Ratatouille is premiering in a couple weeks, the sneak peak begins this weekend, and some UD members have already seen the film -- I thought I would bump this thread to that everyone could RE-RANK the Disney/Pixar films with Ratatouille on the list as well. If you have seen the film already, please take the time to rank it among the other Disney/Pixar films. I am curious to see how people here at UD feel that Ratatouille compares to the previous films. I am seeing the sneak peak at my local theater on Saturday, and I will re-work my rankings after that.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Ting Ting
Anniversary Edition

Post by Ting Ting »

I can't believe I haven't participated in this thread yet!

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. Monsters, Inc.
4. Toy Story 2
5. A Bug's Life
6. The Incredibles
7. Cars

Toy Story will always be my favorite, I'm sure of it. I remember going to see it the night of my 5th birthday party. I had a party and everything, but at around 9:00 PM, my parents surprised me and my friends and took us to see Disney/Pixar's first production. I fell in love with it, making it one of my favorite films for 11 1/2 years.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

1) The Incredibles - All time favorite movie. :D
2) Monsters Inc.
3)Toy Story - My first vhs that broke. :cry:
4) Toy Story 2
5) Cars
6) Finding Nemo - I loved this movie til it became the only movie my teachers would let our class watch.
7)A Bug's Life - Never been a fan of this one, though I have 4 different editions of it on dvd.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

1. Toy Story 2 - The end blooper reel puts this above Toy Story for me, though I aslo enjoy the story slightly more than the first one.

2. Toy Story - I can't explain why I love this movie so, but I do and that's that.

3. Finding Nemo - I love search and rescue stories (another reason why TS2 beats TS in ranks) and all the characters are great.

4. Cars - It doesn't make much sense that I like Cars as it combines three of my least favourite things (Nascar, Country Music and Owen Wilson) but there's something about it that I love.

5. A Bugs Life - I don't remember it enough (I've only seen it once) to rank it higher, but I hate the other two movies so it beats them simply because of that.

6. Monsters Inc. - I can't get into the story of this one, and every single character annoys the hell out of me.

7. The Incredibles - I hated it. With the exception of the costume maker none of the characters are remotley interesting or funny. I hate all the characters designs (I don't like the way Pixar animates humans) and the story doesn't engage me at all.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

1. Finding Nemo-One word...Dory.

2. Monster's INC.-Boo was the funniest,defintly. It also made my brother stop hiding from the "monster under the bed" and actually start to tell it jokes...which had me worried.

3. Toy Story- Tom Hanks and Tim Allen,Disney,TOYS? How much better can it get?!

4. The Incredibles-Pixar's first movie centered around people. They may not be normal,but theya re still people. xD

5. Cars-I fell asleep but it's still better than the remaining 2.

6. Toy Story 2-I like Jessie's charector...and that was about it.

7. Bug's Life-I hated this....dunno why...maybe 'cause I hate bugs,lol.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I rate these based on story-telling

1. Finding Nemo - great character depth, full of great emotional moments
2. The Incredibles - entertaining and dark in a cool sort of way
3. Toy Story/Toy Story 2 - can be put on the same level of storytelling
4. Cars - Despite cliched plot this turned out better than I thought
5. A Bug's Life - cheesy plot but still entertaining to watch
6. Monsters Inc. - Didnt really offer anything new, I felt that it was too much fluff and not a whole lot of story being told.
Anne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anne »

1. Finding Nemo
2. The Incredibles
3. Cars
4. Monsters Inc
5. Toy Story
6. A Bug's life
7. Toy Story 2
Disneyfreak1990
Special Edition

Post by Disneyfreak1990 »

okay here's how i rank them:
TS 4.5/5
BL 4/5
TS2 5/5
FN 3.5/5
I 4.5/5
MI 4.5/5
C 4/5

i rated these based on story, characters, and entertainment.
members i like:Jasmine1022, Lazario(when he's in a good mood), Escapy, Prudence, Blackcauldron85, Anthony, and Mason Ireton.
Members i dislike: Lazario(when he's in a bad mood).
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Monster's Inc.
4. Toy Story 2
5. Cars
6. A Bug's Life
7. Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo just had way too much hype. And, unlike Disney's TLK, Finding Nemo didn't even come close to its reputation for me.

I would add Ratatouille to the list, but I've yet to see it. I rarely see movies when they're in theaters.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

1. The Incredibles - Simply put: one of the best movies ever made! I think a sequel would be great.
2. Monsters, Inc. - Totally underrated. I really love this movie.
3. Toy Story - The script is great. So is the storyline.
4. Toy Story 2 - Probably one of the best sequels ever made.
5. A Bug's Life - Funny, good characters, etc. A little overlooked.
6. Finding Nemo - In my opinion, this was a little overrated. It was a good film either way.
7. Cars - It was a great movie, but it still doesn't compare to the past Pixar movies--and that was probably the reason it's number 7 on this list. I have to admit that if a different company made this movie, I would have liked it more.
Daisy Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Daisy Duck »

1. Monsters' Inc--I can watch this one again and again. Such creative characters.
2. Toy Story & Toy Story 2--Woody and Buzz are such great characters. I don't particularly like sequels, but this one definitely worked. Tom Hanks is perfect as Woody--I couldn't imagine anyone else doing him better.
3. Finding Nemo--Beautiful colors, and DORY!
4. A Bug's Life--I like the story and I like the look of the movie.
5. Cars--I found the 2nd half of the movie more entertaining than the first, maybe because I'm not a racing fan. I am a big Paul Newman fan, so that made the film extra special.
6. Incredibles--I'm just not that into super heroes. I thought the film was too long, and I didn't particularly care for the villian character. This is the only one I don't own on DVD. But I should give it another watch.

I can already tell that Ratatouille is going to shoot to the top (or at least very near the top). All of the various trailers I've seen have been fantastic. Just looking at a picture of Remy makes me smile. I love Paris and cooking--so this film sounds like exactly what I would have ordered. :)
Last edited by Daisy Duck on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpellWovenNight
Limited Issue

Post by SpellWovenNight »

1. Incredibles
2. Cars
3. Monsters' Inc
4. Toy Story/ Toy Story 2 (I might acutally like the second better than the first)
5. A Bug's Life
6. Finding Nemo

I agree with Daisy Duck that Ratatouille is going to be good, I can't wait for it to come out!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

1. Toy Story and Toy Story 2
2. Cars
3. Monsters, Inc.
4. The Incredibles
5. A Bug's Life
6. Finding Nemo

Yeah I gotta admit, the first Toy Story is a very special movie to me, I love it so much! So much, in fact, that my senior quote in the yearbook was "To Infinity and Beyond!" (it was either that or "Hakuna Matata" but it came down to which movie I liked better :wink: :) ) Toy Story 2 was just as good.

I feel Cars is vastly under-rated. I don't know why, but I think it's such a great movie. Maybe because it was the last Pixar movie I would ever see in theaters while I was still in high school but I just love it. Not to mention the die-cast Cars are totally awesome too! (And I'm not into country music or Nascar racing...)

I always have a hard time putting the next three: Monster's Inc., The Incredibles, and A Bug's Life in any specific order. They're all great but I think the order I have them in now is my "definitive" order... I may switch A Bug's Life and The Incredibles depending on my mood :wink: .

Finding Nemo is last for me though, it's great, but there's something about it that puts it last on my list.

I'm not sure what to think of Ratatoullie since I haven't seen it yet, from the commercials and stuff I'm not sure it's going to rank against the others.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

Pixar movies in order of preference.

1. Finding Nemo dude - I love the turtles
2. Toy Story
3. Toy Story II
4. Cars
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. The Incredibles
7. A Bug's Life

neurotic_Donald_Duck
Limited Issue

Post by neurotic_Donald_Duck »

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2
5. Cars
6. A Bug's Life
7. Monsters, Inc.

Toy Story s by far the best of them all!
"As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!"
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I am ready to update my order since I have seen "Ratatouille" my previous order was:

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. A Bugs Life
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Toy Story 2
7. Cars

As many other forum members have done, I have decided to combine Toy Story and Toy Story 2 into one, for the sake of this list. It is too hard to seperate them and rank them as seperate films when the characters are all the same.

1. Toy Story / Toy Story 2
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. A Bugs Life
5. Monsters Inc.
6. Ratatouille
7. Cars

Ratatouille certainly surpassed Cars on my list, no doubt about it. I currently have it ranked at #6, but I need to see the film again. I really enjoyed Ratatouille and I could see it even surpassing Monsters Inc and taking the #5 slot, but I know it wouldn't make it any higher than that.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

toonaspie wrote:I rate these based on story-telling

1. Finding Nemo - great character depth, full of great emotional moments
2. The Incredibles - entertaining and dark in a cool sort of way
3. Toy Story/Toy Story 2 - can be put on the same level of storytelling
4. Cars - Despite cliched plot this turned out better than I thought
5. A Bug's Life - cheesy plot but still entertaining to watch
6. Monsters Inc. - Didnt really offer anything new, I felt that it was too much fluff and not a whole lot of story being told.
Last edited by toonaspie on Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Top Favorite Pixar Movies!!

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

List the top 8 (Ratatouille newest Pixar) movies in order from favorite to least. It is so hard, but I must say I think I still love Monster Inc. the best.

Here it goes....

1. Monsters Inc.
2. Ratatouille
3. Finding Nemo
4. Toy Story
5. Toy Story 2
6. The Incredibles
7. A Bugs Life
8. Cars

Show me your list.....
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
Simba3