Ugly Betty

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

:: CASTING SCOOP ::

UGLY BETTY to get ............. That Girl!

From WWK:
According to inside sources, Marlo Thomas will be heading to Ugly Betty this season, guest starring as an advertising bigwig who has a thang for younger men. And you'll never guess which younger man catches her eye—or, okay, actually, it's probably completely obvious—one Mr. Daniel Meade, aka Eric Mabius.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

From TVGuide.com ...
Sources confirm that Charm School headmistress Mo'Nique has just been cast on Ugly Betty as a weekend receptionist at "Mode" who's got it bad for good-guy Henry. So far, the comedienne is only scheduled to appear in one episode, to air in late November or early December, but please — how are they gonna be able to resist bringing her back for more?
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry ... /800022841
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

The second season premiere ... starts in 30 minutes!
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Fantastic premiere episode ... will post my thoughts after Grey's and Big Shots ...
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

***SPOILERZ (DUH)***

I really loved the Santos & Hilda thing. I thought that was really well done, even though I knew from interviews that "Hilda will probably be dating again". It was really emotional.

And Henry coming off the bus in NYC? How fricking adorable!

Am I the only one who thought Amanda's fat suit was really odd-looking? Like, really lumpy?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I loved it!

I knew about the whole Santos being dead thing ... for a while now ... But I thought it was executed perfectly ... and Ana Ortiz was so great in her scenes ...

Alexis thinks she's Alex? Whoa!

I totally loved the whole Willie/Claire was fantastic! I loved the whole fake out at the park ... Where Loca was Claire and Marc was Willie ... and then Claire going to see Bradford and Willie being there ... and Willie getting knocked out! Classic!

Amanda's fat suit was odd ... she was Jell-Oy LOL

Amanda's folks being swingers ... too fun!

Justin being Willie's "fashion elf" LOL ... loved it ...
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

What a little (total understatement, took me 3 hours) research on the internet can do: I found the Season 2 premiere and watched it!! YAY

Absolutely fabulous!!

The fat Amanda was fun (and I think the wird-looking fat-suit is intentional since the show is based on a telenovela where everything looks a bit unreal) ad her parents were hilarious.

Wilhelmina is even a bigger b**** than she was last season, sending poor Mark into the park and now he has a nun-trauma.
Her "Come out, come out, wherever you are" was classic. she gets sooo many Wizard of Oz qzotes. Love them.

Claire is fantastic as ever and she hitting Wilhelimina will become one of the classic clips from Season 2

Daniel and Alexis was great and shows how much Daniel has grown during the last season. I am excited to see how Alex/Alexia is gonna react when he finds out he's a woman. Great story-line!

Hilda was absolutely heart-breaking and it was genius to let the audience believe Santos was still alive when we were just sharing Hilda's fantasy.

"Fashion-Elf", totally loved it, and very helpful! You gotta ove Coco!

Betty was so sweet and hilarious as always. Her eyepatch and the bird, I couldn't stop laughing. And Henry's back!!! YAY

I am so excited right now!! This was soo good and funny and sweet and... a perfect Ugly Betty episode!!.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

A wonderful episode tonight ...

Willie was deliciously evil ... Betty now has a secret that I am sure will come out ... and poor Ignacio is being held up in Mexico ... probably because of what he did many years ago ...

Amanda and the dog were hilarious!

And yay! Henry found out the truth ... and wants Betty back!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Great episode!!

I loved everything about it. Right balance of comedy and drama and Henry coming back and now wanting Betty back is amazing!!
I do hope Ignacio will get back to Hilda and Betty and Justin soon.
Amanda and the ugly dog was funny but Justin and Mark kind of bonding was absolutely hilarious!
So excited for the next episode.
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

I LOVE UGLY BETTY SO MUCH but...

I'm sad :(

The last episode pulled in 9.78 million and the week before 11 million. Last season the show averaged 14.26 million.

I hope this doen't mean Betty is in trouble.

Also, HOW THE HELL IS CSI THE #1 SHOW ON TV!?!?!?
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I'm not worried yet ... A lot of shows (and I mean A LOT) have taken big dips this season ...

Some are attributing it with the rise of DVR equipment sales ...

So ... I won't worry yet about our BETTY ...

and to answer your last question ... I have no clue LOL
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

I died laughing when Betty was on the roof with Wilhelmina and she turned around and Mark was making the thunder noises with the piece of metal. :lol:
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Rowlf_The_Dog wrote:I'm not worried yet ... A lot of shows (and I mean A LOT) have taken big dips this season ...

Not to mention the fact that people can now watch these shows, online, should they miss them when they originally air. On top of that, there is iTunes. I happen to know several people who have other things going on when Grey's Anatomy airs, and they say, "Oh, I'll just watch it online." Then, come that weekend, they are watching it online. It kind of irks me, because I'm all ready to chat about it, and they are saying, "Don't tell me what happens." Ugh! Also, there are so many people that get together to watch their favorite shows.
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Rowlf_The_Dog wrote:I'm not worried yet ... A lot of shows (and I mean A LOT) have taken big dips this season ...

Well I hope the Networks realize this... Also, they really need to find a new way to get ratings for shows because the current way is getting great shows canceled...

UPDATE: I feel better now after reading this about DVRs and ratings...
http://televisionista.blogspot.com/2007 ... er-16.html
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

There's a rumor floating around that if "Betty" continues to go down in ratings, they'll move it to Sunday's before "Desperate Housewives". Personally, I think that would be fine, but it all depends on what they would put to substitute for it before "Grey's".
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I haven't heard that rumor ... but ... Back in May prior to Upfronts ... ABC was toying with moving Betty to Sundays at 8 ... airing Football Wives at 10 ... and moving B&S to Tuesdays at 10 or even Thursdays at 10...

Then the official schedule came out ... and the rumors were negated ...

I do like the idea of UB at 8 on Sundays ...

There is also a rumor that LOST ... when it returns will air on Mondays at 8 ...
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I think the networks should reconsider the way they calculate the ratings.
As MMO said many people watch it online now or download it from iTunes and even the illegal ways have a lot of viewers, especially from outside the US, so I think the numbers are actually a whole lot more than just the Nielsen ratings.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Another great episode. So far Season 2 has been hyterical!!
Henry drunk was funny as were Mark and Amanda (Mark quote: "Did I say something smart? I love it when I do that.")
And Betty's dad is home again, finally, but I wonder what happened. I think Hector (or whatever his name was) killed his dad, but I am sure we'll find out.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Very nice episode.

I love Wilhelmina being really evil and her evil plan, Mark was simply hilarious as he always is.

Betty and Henry was so sad. They were so perfect for each other and now there isn't any hope since the baby is Henry's. :(

Betty and her writing class was kinda cool and the woman whose ear was almost cut off was hysterical.

I hated Justin this episode! Where's fashion elf gone????!!!!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Am I the only one still watching this?

Anyway, amazing episode, maybe one of the best ever.
There was so much hilarious stuff and references, sometimes I couldn't stop laughing, but then there was the drama. Alexis getting her memory back and Wilhelmina ruining MODE (alhtough funny).
Then the Betty-Henry thing that almost made me scream. But the end, oh!!

And then Mark with his possible love-interest. How cute is that man?! I'd totally marry him. :D