Ugly Betty

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

They are not in the deleted scenes section ... which is a shame ...

SWAG was known for a while as the "lost episode" ... it was to originally air as the fourth episode ... but for some reason ABC didn't air it ... and instead decided to air it much later ...

Being that the characters had grown ... and so much had happened ... it would have seemed odd if they aired it without creating it as a "flashback" episode ...

So they made the buffers with Betty ... Christina ... and the janitor ...

Overseas it has aired as episode #4 ...

Also for some reason episodes 2 and 3 were aired out of order in ABC's initial run ...

The DVD set showcases the episodes in its proper order ...
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

That sucks that they are not in the deleted scenes... Thanks for the info though. :)
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

You're welcome ...

Something that I've noticed as I watched the episodes ... they didnt' swap the "previously ons" when they reverted the broadcast order to the production order ...

It's not a big deal ... but just something that if you are detail oriented ... you would notice ...
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Rowlf_The_Dog wrote:
It's not a big deal ... but just something that if you are detail oriented ... you would notice ...
Since you seem to be detail oriented, are there any new parts in the SWAG episode because the "FLASHBACKS" are gone or was it just a longer episode with the "FLASHBACKS"
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

The version found on the DVD contains footage that was cut to make room for the Betty/Christina bookends. The version that aired on ABC ran 42:53 (and can still be seen on ABC.com). The DVD (aka original production) version runs 43:13, and that's without the five minutes or so of bookends. I can't tell exactly what was added. I plan on watching my DVD copy and the streaming episode on ABC.com simultaneously to figure out what exactly was put back in for the DVD release.
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Disneykid wrote:The version found on the DVD contains footage that was cut to make room for the Betty/Christina bookends. The version that aired on ABC ran 42:53 (and can still be seen on ABC.com). The DVD (aka original production) version runs 43:13, and that's without the five minutes or so of bookends. I can't tell exactly what was added. I plan on watching my DVD copy and the streaming episode on ABC.com simultaneously to figure out what exactly was put back in for the DVD release.
I know one of the missing scenes...but its more of a repeat. It is the scene with Betty and Bradford, when he asks her to tell him when the strange lady calls. There are 2 versions and it seems really weird seeing them like this because the second time around the lines seem exactly the same and Betty acts like she never heard it before.
Last edited by ZOOMBOOM0688 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

I am pleased that they did this for DVD, but as is custom with Grey's Anatomy already, it sucks that the original broadcast version is not available as well. Question: According to the review, Queens for a Day is episode #2 on this disc and The Box and the Bunny is #3. This should be the other way around in broadcast order, and unlike Swag there is no real evident reason to swap it. Is this a typo in the review, or is it actulally like that, and if so is it explained why? Thanks.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

Jake Lipson wrote:I am pleased that they did this for DVD, but as is custom with Grey's Anatomy already, it sucks that the original broadcast version is not available as well. Question: According to the review, Queens for a Day is episode #2 on this disc and The Box and the Bunny is #3. This should be the other way around in broadcast order, and unlike Swag there is no real evident reason to swap it. Is this a typo in the review, or is it actulally like that, and if so is it explained why? Thanks.
It is actually like that, and I don't think it is explained.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Really? Pity. The Swag one makes sense, but this...no. I'm sure I'll get the set sooner or later, but I need to make choices with so many TV DVD sets coming out now, and this is a reason to put this one off for a while. Oh well.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
roswellian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by roswellian »

I thought something was different about it! I bought the dvd yesterday and Swag didn't seem right. And I thought it was so weird how in two different eps that Bradford told Betty about Fay's calls. This makes much more sense now.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I really liked un-edited ... de-flashbacked ... SWAG ... it fit perfectly as episode 4 ... they should have never moved it ...

Something I noticed about eps 2 and 3 ... in their production order ...

QUEENS shows a celebration for Daniel's first issue being a success ... and Justin even comments that it was a decent issue ...

while ... BOX ... refers to the important book ... and they mention that they are going to print on Daniel's first issue ...

Gord Lacey from tvshowsondvd.com states that the dvd order is the production order ... but the two examples i listed above makes things a little confusing ...
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I've got the perfect way to figure out the proper order of Box and the Bunny and Queens for a Day: keep an eye on Betty's desk throughout Queens for a Day. If the bunny on it is torn to shreds, then the broadcast order was correct. If it's in mint condition, then the DVD order is correct. I'd check this out myself, but frankly, I'm a little Bettyed out after that review, so someone else feel free to check for yourself.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

LOL @ Bettyed out ...

I was thinking the exact same thing ... well sorta ... After viewing SWAG ... I went back to QUEENS to see if there is a bunny on her desk ... since in BOX she brings the bunny to MODE ...

I only saw the last scene ... where she yells "Shut up!" ... and there was no bunny ...
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

UGLY BETTY :: Song in "Pilot"

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Ok ... this has been buggin' me for a while ... and maybe someone on here can help ... Particularly cuz I am sure that those who have purchased the first season set are probably watching it (as I am) ...

What is the name of the song when Betty is walking into "the closet" to get the forgotten piece for the photo shoot?

It's like "bum-bum-ba-dum-bum-bum-ba-dum" or something.

I heard it on UGLY BETTY and on GREY's ANATOMY once ...

Thanks ...
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

UGLY BETTY :: Season 2 Discussion

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

The second season of UGLY BETTY premieres on Thursday September 27 at 8 pm.

The Complete First Season had its DVD release on August 21st.

OFFICIAL ABC Website :: http://abc.go.com/primetime/uglybetty/index.html

Season 1 Discussion :: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... on&start=0

Previously on UGLY BETTY ...

Bradford proposed to Wilhelmina ...

Daniel and Alexis were in a car crash ...

Ignacio was deported to Mexico ...

Claire escaped prison ...

Hilda got engaged ... and Santos got shot ...

Christina confessed that she has a husband ...

Amanda found out she is Fey's daughter ...

Henry boarded a plane with a pregnant Charlie ...

and Betty found out that Henry might not be the father of Charlie's baby ...

Currently ABC is airing a beautiful promo for the second season ... that includes the whole cast ... and is set to a re-worked version of Mika's "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" ...

Season 2 Promo :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqb9uZFcBtE

Making of the Promo :: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0D82N3RlFc

The first season of UGLY BETTY received 11 Emmy nominations ... Including Best Comedy ... Best Comedic Actress and Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy ...

This is a place to discuss the new season of UGLY BETTY ... Remember ... spoilers may pop up in this thread ... So be warned!
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

:: Casting News ::

Judith Light has been bumped up to a series regular ...

Freddy Rodriguez has joined the cast as a possible love interest for Betty ...

Victoria Beckham will portray a bridesmaid in a future episode ...

Rick Fox will portray Wilhelmina's bodyguard for a couple episodes ...

and James Van Der Beek is guest starring in a few episodes ...

:: UGLY BETTY - THE MUSICAL ::

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109884.html
Luckily, ABC loves theatre actors, too. 'Ugly Betty' is a Broadway-friendly show. It's over the top, flashy, extravagant. It is a Broadway musical. We're going to do a musical episode for February sweeps. We're in talks with a big Broadway director-choreographer, and we're talking to Broadway composers to write some original material. We're bringing Patti back, and we're going to try to get Kristin back. We'd love to have Bernadette Peters [as a guest star], and when Curtains ends, we want to get David Hyde Pierce on an episode. He's a good friend. We're always looking to theatre — before we start searching the Farmers Market for actors out here.

:: UGLY BETTY meets WICKED ::
Also upcoming is an episode where Betty [America Ferrera] goes on a date to see Wicked, and literally stops the show. We're going to film it out here at the Pantages, doubling for the Gershwin, and show scenes from the show.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Yay! I am already excited for the Wicked episode, and it'd be great to have Kristin return, but I don't know if she can make it, depending on the success of her own upcoming show "Pushing Daisies" (which btw, the pilot is amazing, totally sweet, cute, exciting romantic... everyone should at least give it a try)
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

:: Season 2 Stills ::

ZOOMBOOM0688
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ZOOMBOOM0688 »

I wish BVI would make a UGLY BETTY game like the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES one. :float: :float: :float: :float: :float: :float: :float: :float:
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Yay! Victoria Beckham is in it, hooray for her. I hope she doesn't suck, like that reality TV show did. I hate that it was scripted and they tried to pass it off as reality.
-James