Your fav chip/crisp/snack flavour?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
2099net
Signature Collection

Your fav chip/crisp/snack flavour?

Post by 2099net »

What's your favourite chip/crisp/snack flavor?

I'm hooked on Walker's Sensations Vintage Cheddar & Red Onion Chutney at the moment. These are to die for. Really.

Failing that the Pickled Onion Outer Spacers are cheap and cheerful.

Still, nothing beats the old Hedgehog flavour crisps. Where did they go to? We used to eat them all the time when I was at school.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Baked chips are preferred to standard potato chips - I just don't care for all that grease. As far as the former goes, I prefer corn chips to potato chips, such as Nacho Cheese and/or "Cooler" Ranch Doritos. Sour cream and onion can be good, on occasion. In general, not a huge chip/crisp fan.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

My favorite snack will be Quaker's mini quakes (Ranch and BBQ flavoured), Pringo chips (Salt and Vinegar flavoured) and Original Lays Wavy Chips (with ranch dipping). I'm gussing that Quaker's tasted so much better than Pringo and Lays chips but it's just a matter of taste.
Last edited by RyougaLolakie on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Luke wrote:I just don't care for all that grease.
That's why you should try Lay's Light potato chips. I love the taste of normal Lay's but also have a problem with all the grease. The new Light chips from Lay's taste more or less the same but have far less grease. They have them in multiple flavors and in standard as well as Ruffles. :up:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Baked Lays of all sorts (including the Doritos) are favorites for me. I also thoroughly enjoy Tostitos Hint of Lime tortilla chips, which I haven't had for a long time and should again soon.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Karushifa
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Karushifa »

I'm not a huge chip eater, but I did try some Salsa Verde Doritos a few days ago. They're very good, and are somewhat spicy, for Doritos, anyway.

I also like jalapeno flavored chips, mostly of the kettle-cooked variety. Krunchers-brand jalapeno chips are the best I've had.
Oh, I'm sorry, you're all standing...here, let me make you a chair!

Karushifa's Random Top 5 of the Week: US National Parks/Sites:
1) Yosemite N.P.
2) Caribbean Nat'l Forest (Puerto Rico)
3) Death Valley N.P.
4) Cape Lookout Nat'l Seashore
5) Sequoia N.P.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Cheddar and sour cream is my favorite.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

My favorite potato chip is Ruffles. My favorite flavoring is either BBQ or Sour Cream and Onion.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:Baked chips are preferred to standard potato chips - I just don't care for all that grease. As far as the former goes, I prefer corn chips to potato chips, such as Nacho Cheese and/or "Cooler" Ranch Doritos.
Mmm...Nacho cheese. (What a shock! Loomis likes cheese flavour!)

When I do eat chips, which I have not done in about 5 months now, Doritos Nacho Cheese was always my preferred flavour. However, most sugary/salty things don't appeal anymore. Since I've lost a stack of weight and starting eating a bit better, I've lost the taste for all that junk.

If forced, though, I'd say Nacho cheese. :D
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Any brand really of salt & vinegar chips is good. I love the Lay's though the most.
Tom in North Carolina
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Anyone remember Sour Cream & Onion flavored Doritos?? I used to love them in my teens, but they are long gone.

Tom
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

It depends on my mood (and sometimes my age)

When I was a kid, I always loved Herr's Sour Cream and Onion potato chips, but since "Sour Cream and Onion" was too long to say, I'd just say "Green Chips" since it came in a green bag and had green flecks. Also, Barbecue chips were "Brown Chips".

These days I don't care much for potato chips, I prefer Cooler Ranch Doritos, though occasionally I'll eat the Spicier Nacho or Black Pepper Jack.

And if I don't have an appetite for Doritos, I get those honey bbq twisted fritos, whatever they're called.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

I love the bold flavor of Chex Party Mix, Ooooohhhh yeah!!! I also like the cheesy kind too.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Anyone remember Sour Cream & Onion flavored Doritos?? I used to love them in my teens, but they are long gone.

Tom
It was one of the few Sour Cream things I liked they called it "Sonic Sour Cream" and was in a green bag. The other that I miss is Salsa Doritos.
Escapay wrote:It depends on my mood (and sometimes my age)
Same but I like all Doritos (but I hate the dill ones). And for potato chips I like Salt & Vinegar. Ketchup, Dill Pickle & All Dressed are some of my favorites. I did like Apple Chips but I have not had them in a long time because of there price. Other snacks I enjoy include pretzels, Bits & Bits, Cheetos, and most types of Fritos.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

I like Tosito's nacho's with salsa or Nacho Cheese, I also like Pretzel rods and Doritos
Dark Knight Rulez
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Ruffles - Sour Cream and Onion
- Jonathan
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

French Onion Sun Chips
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

Tostito's with melted Salsa Con Queso suace. MMMMMMMM :D :D :D :D :D

I also enjoy almost all flavors of Doritos(the one's I've tried are Cooler Ranch, Nacho Cheesier, Jalapeno and Salsa Verde), selected Pringles (BBQ, which is my favorite pringle but a major pain in the ass to find, Ranch, Sour Cream and Onion and Original), and Wavy Lay's Original and Sour Cream and Onion. ^_^

I also enjoy Cheez-Its, Cheddar, BBQ Ranch and Sour Cream and Onion.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I am with Memnv on this one........Pretzel Rods or Mini-Pretzels with a Salsa dip.........and when I really have the urge...Baked Lays or Baked Dorito's.....not a big grease fan and these are the best. I used to eat Fritos by the bag full and after being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I have had to rethink my snack routine.........Low salt is a definite requirement.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

i heart snacking. i do more of this all day-but only eat the serving size as stated on the N.I. -it keeps the calorie count down cuz i keep my daily calories in the 900-1300 range everyday.

My daily snacks usually include a banana, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, honeydew, cantalope, Soy Cheddar quakes, multi-grain cinnamon quakes, Light Ruffles Sour Cream & Cheddar, Baked Doritos, Light or Baked Tortilla chips w/ salsa. I dont eat them ALL everyday...but def eat ALL the fruits & veggies and one of the chips serving I listed every day no matter what. [/u]
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"