How To Support the Site

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

If that's the actual link you used, it's missing our associate's code. It should be:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

(ref=nosim being optional, to determine whether or not you go straight to the product page or get shown similar items first.

Either way, thanks for doing this. It's more hoops to go through than it should have been. But the support is wholeheartedly appreciated!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Luke wrote:
If that's the actual link you used, it's missing our associate's code. It should be:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz

(ref=nosim being optional, to determine whether or not you go straight to the product page or get shown similar items first.

Either way, thanks for doing this. It's more hoops to go through than it should have been. But the support is wholeheartedly appreciated!
Hehe, yeah, I caught it at the last minute and edited my post before I clicked the link. ;)

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

Hiya, Luke!

I just wanted to tell you that after Christmas, I will most likely be ordering things off of Amazon! I'll keep ya updated! :)
UDer #3495 :D
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Hi Luke,

I recently bought a textbook off of Amazon (Food Analysis) and did it the UD way. Do you know if it worked or not? I placed the order yesterday and hopefully it will mail soon.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Kram Nebuer wrote:Hi Luke,

I recently bought a textbook off of Amazon (Food Analysis) and did it the UD way. Do you know if it worked or not? I placed the order yesterday and hopefully it will mail soon.
Nothing showing up for yesterday, but for the day before (the 16th)...3 clicks, 1 order, went through. Thanks a bunch, Kram!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Escapay

Re: How To: Support the Site with Non-Disney Purchases

Post by Escapay »

Well, after thinking about it for several weeks, I finally decided to put a very generous Amazon Gift Certificate to good use. According to Price Comparisons at dvdaficionado, Amazon has these two titles at the second cheapest. Apparently DeepDiscountDVD offers them at $1.29 and $0.29 cheaper, but I'm willing to be overcharged.

Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks
List Price: $34.98
Price: $25.99
You Save: $8.99 (26%)

Doctor Who: City of Death
List Price: $34.98
Price: $24.99
You Save: $9.99 (29%)

Items: $50.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97

Total Before Tax: $50.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Total: $50.98
Gift Certificates: -$50.00
Order Total: $0.98

Shipping Estimate: February 4, 2007
Delivery Estimate: February 7, 2007 - February 8, 2007

Yay for supporting UD!

Question though. Aside from being the best 98 cents I ever spent of my own money, does UD get a portion of the 50.98 or the 98 cents? Cause if it's just the 98 cents, then that makes me feel cheap.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Luke
Site Admin

Re: How To: Support the Site with Non-Disney Purchases

Post by Luke »

Escapay wrote:Question though. Aside from being the best 98 cents I ever spent of my own money, does UD get a portion of the 50.98 or the 98 cents? Cause if it's just the 98 cents, then that makes me feel cheap.
Thanks for the hearty dose of UD Support! We'll get a percentage of the $50.98, since a gift certificate is just a form of currency like credit card or cash in Amazon's eyes. (Although, actually gift certificates now net us a percent too, through March anyway.)

Thanks again, Escapay, and those who support the site without announcing it or even unwittingly!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

You should've gotten a donation through my Buffy Season 7 order (Amazon UK). Hope it came through all right.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney-Fan wrote:You should've gotten a donation through my Buffy Season 7 order (Amazon UK). Hope it came through all right.
It appears not to have, but thanks anyway for trying!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Odd. I went about it the usual way. Should've worked just fine! :?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Hey Luke. Just ordered Buffy Season 4 from Amazon UK using UD's link. Just checking to see if it came through!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks! I'll look for it in tomorrow's reports and let you know if it shows up or not. Hopefully it goes through this time.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

It did! 8) Thanks again!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Well, that's curious. Last time the order came through but your bit didn't... This time around it seems that the order is having trouble coming through for me! :? Oh well, good to know it came through all right!
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

I just pre-ordered Planet Earth: The Complete Collection on blu-ray from Amazon.ca using UD's link. I'm happy to support this site! :)
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

So, I preordered Spider-Man 3 and POTC 3 from Amazon UK and ordered The Jungle Book directly from UD. I hope they all came through all right. Also, Luke, if you see a Mary Poppins order from Amazon UK that is probably mine too. :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney-Fan wrote:So, I preordered Spider-Man 3 and POTC 3 from Amazon UK and ordered The Jungle Book directly from UD. I hope they all came through all right. Also, Luke, if you see a Mary Poppins order from Amazon UK that is probably mine too. :)
I see Spider-Man 3 and POTC3 on UK and I can assume that one of the Jungle Books is yours on the US. Thanks! Both from you in this thread and others out of it, I've heard of attempts to buy things through UD's Amazon links only to not get credited in the next day's reports, so I'm glad that these ones went through. The effort is appreciated!
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

I'm a regular customer at Amazon, should I click the link from the site for each movie I'm buying in order to support the site ? stead of searching them on amazon ?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Jack Skellington wrote:I'm a regular customer at Amazon, should I click the link from the site for each movie I'm buying in order to support the site ? stead of searching them on amazon ?
Or, to make it even easier, scroll to the very top of the page. See the blue bar (with the UD banner)? The very last row says "Support UD". Click on the second link there, which says "Amazon.com". Going to Amazon through that link means that some of the money from what you purchased goes to UD.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

I was going to order something from Play-asia before I remembered UD so I decided to wait and see what Luke had to say about becoming a Play-Asia Affiliate