How do I show an avatar image below my username?

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm not certain that this is the right thread, but it seems to be the most appropriate.

I've saved some images to use as avatars in the future, and made sure that they are no bigger than my current one (which, as you can see, looks pretty normal), but they're so tiny. This confuses me, as I remember chosing my current one based on the maximum size allowed (80x80 according to my desktop folder) This isn't a complaint, I'm just confused :?
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney Geek, AFAIK is 100X100 the allowed maximum. At least my avatar is.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Thanks Goliath.

That's a great help :)
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

You can also resize your image easily here:
http://www.drpic.com/
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Thanks again! :pink:
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Thank you!

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Thanks for this FAQ, saved me many years of looking.. post #1, hope to have many more...

SMJ
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

glad i found this thread was wondering why it wasn't showing
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Okay I'm tring to upload a new avatar and first I uploaded it straight from muy computer, this one: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/D ... avatar.gif and it didn't work it said "avatar can't be more than 24 KB" so then I tried uploading it from a link and it said "Unable to upload file DEBUG MODE Line : 251 File : usercp_avatar.php" so then I tried doing the same for a non-animated version, this one: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/D ... avatar.jpg and it did the same thing when I tried both different ways. Both avatars look to be in the 100 by 100 rules but I don't know what's wrong because then I uploaded a still version of my current avatar and even that said it was too big a file. Can anyone help me? Luke?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Duster, whenever you upload an image on Photobucket, multiple codes are generated beneath the image. Just copy the link that's labeled Direct link underneath the image you uploaded onto either the space where it says Upload Avatar from a URL or onto the one that says Link to off-site Avatar on your Profile. This should do the trick. Don't forget to retype your password in all areas that require it before hitting Submit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks so much Sotiris! It seems the "off-site" avatar field and typing in my password all those times is what did the trick!
Brina78

Post by Brina78 »

Okay, I'm about to start screaming over here. Is anyone having this problem where if you want to make any changes to your settings, it won't let you update unless you fill in all required fields? The * symbols are included with changing the password. This means I've had to change my password whenever I wanted to make any changes such as my signature or avatar. This is the most stupidest thing to do! I shouldn't have to keep changing my password in order to update other field codes. How do I get around not having to keep changing my password?
Icons created by Karasu (cryboycry of Live Journal)
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

Brina78 wrote:How do I get around not having to keep changing my password?
Brina78: You don't have to actually change your password. All you have to do is put the same password in all three of the boxes. Then your "new password" is the same as your old password and you don't have to keep coming up with different passwords. It is annoying that you have to do that every time that you want to do anything with your account or profile, but at least this way you can keep the same password. That's what I do, because I hate changing passwords and trying to remember them all. Hope this helps! :)
Brina78

Post by Brina78 »

jinkinquackers wrote:
Brina78 wrote:How do I get around not having to keep changing my password?
Brina78: You don't have to actually change your password. All you have to do is put the same password in all three of the boxes. Then your "new password" is the same as your old password and you don't have to keep coming up with different passwords. It is annoying that you have to do that every time that you want to do anything with your account or profile, but at least this way you can keep the same password. That's what I do, because I hate changing passwords and trying to remember them all. Hope this helps! :)
Oh, thank goodness! I never would have figured that out when it seems a different password would have to get put in. Thank you! :)
Icons created by Karasu (cryboycry of Live Journal)