Moana 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Moana 2

Post by Farerb »

Is this Moana's new boyfriend?

Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

:lol: Moana's not going to have a boyfriend. That guy looks like a random background character.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

In that temp image on YouTube, Moana looks so different ...

I get that they'd want to tweak her design, eight years after the first film, but I hope they did not overdo it, to the extent that she looks like a different character.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, it was a fun, creative and good-looking poster. Despite how it unfortunately indicates that the title of the logo isn`t going to have a Roman number.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

ngl, her eyes are a bit too big, almost reminds me of AI :huh:

Aside from that, the poster looks nice and even if there's a very slim chance of happening, I hope that guy is really Moana's love interest or at least have a mutual relationship with each other and that we'll see that villain friendoftheotherside mentioned in their last post here. I also hope the kid character won't be annoying or cringy (She's giving me Boun vibes, the kid character in Raya and the Last Dragon) :P
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
2. Good Night Mare by LOZAREENA (Song)
3. Disventure Camp (Web Series)
4. SHEESH by BABYMONSTER (Song)
5. The Way of the Househusband (Anime)
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I dunno about the eyes, but its weird my first thought was that the poster was AI. Like, I was so sure it was, I scrolled past it on my Facebook feed not even giving it a second thought.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Just a reminder that here is the link to the upcoming teaser:
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Tue May 28, 2024 11:46 am There's already a link for the teaser that will premier tomorrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkgkUCqEum4
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Teaser doesnโ€™t show much. The animation looks perfectly fine, but I mean, theyโ€™re not reinventing the wheel and they had 10 months. Aladdin was animated in a similar timeframe after a retool, so thereโ€™s no reason for it not to look stunning. As it should.

But theyโ€™ve cleverly not included any new music or important story beats so who knows what this is even about.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 5:31 am Just a reminder that here is the link to the upcoming teaser:
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 5:31 am There's already a link for the teaser that will premier tomorrow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkgkUCqEum4
As a Pua stan, I feel seen.

But like PatrickvD says, not much to see here.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I can already tell it was meant for TV because of the aspect ratio change, it's no longer in 2.39, but in 2.20.

Anyway here's Moana from the original and Moana from the sequel:

It seems that they decided to make her thinner.
Last edited by Farerb on Wed May 29, 2024 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The animation is on par with the original which is surprising when you consider this was not animated in-house. The story seems like a complete retread; another call from the ancestors; another quest to help her people; another trip across the oceans on a boat with Maui; another run-in with the Kakamora. The only thing new is that Moana has a posse now much like Raya and a younger sister. Honestly, I was kinda bored watching the trailer.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 6:32 amIt seems that they decided to make her thinner.
I don't find her thinner. It may look that way because she more covered up now and her hair is curlier. They wouldn't make her thinner and risk getting backlash.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 6:22 am
As a Pua stan, I feel seen.
Me too!

Anyways, I also loved that underwater shot with Moana in front of the whale shark.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney has released a second teaser poster.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Tue May 28, 2024 1:49 pm :lol: Moana's not going to have a boyfriend. That guy looks like a random background character.
Yeah hopefully cause thats no boyfriend material lol. He looks too much like a "Kronk" ified dull buff character. A bit more slim, a bit bigger eyes, sexy jawline, Buzzcut and prison Tattoo on the neck and ill take it :woot: :drool:
Sotiris wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 6:37 am The story seems like a complete retread; another call from the ancestors; another quest to help her people; another trip across the oceans on a boat with Maui; another run-in with the Kakamora. The only thing new is that Moana has a posse now much like Raya and a younger sister. Honestly, I was kinda bored watching the trailer.
I agree, The teaser was ok but didnt make me as excited as the Frozen 2 teaser did (the pinnacle of teasers :P ) (i think nothing will make me ever as excited again as that teaser, it was so epic and grand) as there was no big mystery here other than the thunder. But I agree it felt repetitive. In fact, it felt more like Frozen 2 with the "spirits"/ ancestors calling the titular hero to leave their kingdom to restore peace. Will Moana find out that shes a "demigod" who was destined to bring peace? :roll: Please.

What Confused me, why were they all settling on their island here? :? I thought the villagers were determined to voyage again at the end of the first Film. Feels as if the first one didnt leave much of an impact on the story here :|

Seems like friendsontheotherside was right as Moana has a little sister here. Thanks friend :wink:

Maybe its just me, but the "remember last time when we..." "wink wink" stuff with Mauis Boatsnack is giving me Frozen 2s "Charade" vibes and how the sequel mostly benefitted with throwbacks to fill the void makes me a bit worried about Moana 2... like, as they already will set a quick retelling at the beginning, so new audiences or people who forgot the Events of the first can easily get into this one, why pump it up with such throwbacks then? :? It kills the perception for itself and makes it so depending on its predecessor.
Yeah I know thats what "sequel"s do but they Work fine on their own too:

For example Shrek 2: all you need to know is that Shrek turned princess Fiona into a permanent ogre and that they are married, which was all retold in a storybook opening in the sequel. All the other elements from the continuation were completely new, the Location, New Set of main characters and a new conflict, you didnt even had to watch the first one to get into the story. Its as if they would mention Lord Farquaad out of nowhere or dragon, who wasnt even present in the sequel. It worked perfectly on its own. :up:
AAAAAAAAGHHHHHH
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 6:32 am I can already tell it was meant for TV because of the aspect ratio change, it's no longer in 2.39, but in 2.20.
Why is that a give away? If it were meant for streaming, wouldn't it just be straight up 16:9? Not that all movies made for streaming are, but that's how you would fill the whole screen for home watchers.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Kyle wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 1:35 pm Why is that a give away? If it were meant for streaming, wouldn't it just be straight up 16:9? Not that all movies made for streaming are, but that's how you would fill the whole screen for home watchers.
Because it has become common for most TV show on streaming to use 2.00 (I mistakenly confused it for 2.20) in order to feel "cinematic" while still using more screen space. It became popularized by Netflix and now it's common for most streaming services. I can give you for an example The Crown and House of the Dragon (despite Game of Thrones being 1.78).
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

But is it not common for this aspect ratio to be used in theatrical releases as well?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Maybe, I don't know. The common aspect ratios for theaters are either 1.85 or 2.35, like the original Moana, so I think if this had been planned for theaters from the beginning they would have used the same aspect ratio, like Ralph and Frozen did.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 1:11 pmYeah hopefully cause thats no boyfriend material lol. He looks too much like a "Kronk" ified dull buff character.
Yeah, he seems like the stereotypical big, dumb nice guy. I doubt he'll have much screen time or contribute anything to the story besides perhaps jokes at his expense. I think the girl will get the most focus out of Moana's crew. She has a highlight in her hair, so we already know she's cool and edgy. :P She's probably going to be Moana's protรฉgรฉ.
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 1:11 pmWhat Confused me, why were they all settling on their island here? :? I thought the villagers were determined to voyage again at the end of the first Film. Feels as if the first one didn't leave much of an impact on the story here :|
They chose to sort of ignore the ending of the original because they needed Moana to go off again on her own, away from the rest of the villagers to have her new adventure.
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 29, 2024 1:11 pmMaybe its just me, but the "remember last time when we..." "wink wink" stuff with Mauis Boatsnack is giving me Frozen 2s "Charade" vibes and how the sequel mostly benefitted with throwbacks to fill the void makes me a bit worried about Moana 2... like, as they already will set a quick retelling at the beginning, so new audiences or people who forgot the Events of the first can easily get into this one, why pump it up with such throwbacks then? :? It kills the perception for itself and makes it so depending on its predecessor.
I didn't like that bit either. Especially because it looked like Maui was starring straight at the camera and speaking directly to the audience.