The Aristocats (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

The Aristocats (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

According to our sources – the same ones who revealed Kevin Hart and Ryan Reynolds‘ cameos in Hobbs & Shaw months ago – The Aristocats is the latest of many properties that the studio has lined up for the remake treatment. Details on the remake are still scarce and it’s far too early for casting or anything like that, but again, we’ve been told it’s on the studio’s list as with the success they’ve been seeing recently via The Lion King, Aladdin and more, they’re pretty hot on the idea of live-action remakes right now. And while it’s still unclear whether The Aristocats will end up in theaters or on Disney Plus, it’s exciting to hear that the Mouse House is remaking it regardless.
Source: https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ari ... nt-disney/
Q: I suppose that means the Aristocats live-action remake is not happening either?

Skyler Shuler: Lol, no. I mean it’s possible at some point they could happen, but for now it’s not.
Source: https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 7516775425
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: The Aristocats (Live-Action)

Post by UmbrellaFish »

This is a blind stab that I could see coming to fruition. It’d be pretty cheap to make and Disney+ will be hungry for more and more original content. I’m not even sure if it matters whether or not Lady and the Tramp is a success. They just need content, and an Aristocats remake ought to fit the bill.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

If this is real, I suppose maybe it's for that overseas audience? :? Definitely Disney+ if even L&tT isn't seen as theatrical-worthy.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Honestly, I wouldn't make threads of these rumors. WGTC is literally a fake news source where big-name directors themselves had to deny the rumors. It's especially sketchy that they're dropping every single name like this, Bambi, Atlantis, and Pocahontas. The only valid news sources are Variety, Deadline and Hollywood Reporter.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I find it hard to believe, considering they've barely over the years given attention to movies like this or Basil, to suddenly announce REMAKE...

Plus live action CGId animals just look ridiculous.
Disney's Divinity

disneyprincess11 wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't make threads of these rumors.
Eh, it’s a good thing, imo. If ever the speculation rises up again or if one of them actually became real (and not all of these are that farfetched), there’s already a thread ready to go this way. Plus, it creates a space for people who might be interested to talk about things like actors, directors, approaches, etc. they’d like if a re-make of said film ever were to happen.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Such a movie would require more than just CGI cats. Aristocats take place in 1910, more than 100 years ago. So they would have to build a virtual Paris the way it looked back then. On the plus side, if they decide to use performance capture for the humans as well, they could make them look like exactly live action versions of their animated counterparts.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

WeGotThisCovered literally only needs to announce the live-action remakes of Robin Hood, The Rescuers, The Fox and the Hound, Oliver & Company, and we’ll be good regarding all the pre-2000’s WDAS productions :roll:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Such a movie would require more than just CGI cats. Aristocats take place in 1910, more than 100 years ago. So they would have to build a virtual Paris the way it looked back then. On the plus side, if they decide to use performance capture for the humans as well, they could make them look like exactly live action versions of their animated counterparts.
I think they’d probably just change the setting to the contemporary US and film live cats and animate their mouths, like in Babe, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and presumably Lady and the Tramp. If Disney were remaking this property (especially if for Disney+), they wouldn’t sink a lot of money into it and cut corners wherever they can.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I think they’d probably just change the setting to the contemporary US.
Not necessarily. If they can make Lady and the Tramp a period piece on the cheap, I don't see why they can't do the same with a potential Aristocats remake.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The might take inspiration from CATS.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Perhaps, but the Gallic setting would have to go because of costs and once you’ve done that, why not save more money and set the film in contemporary New York?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Oh. My. God. :facepalm:

As much as I like The Aristocats, these new suggestions (or rather said, certainly The Great Mouse Detective) have now reached the peak of ridiculousness. I bet that it's just as false as the rest of them.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Perhaps, but the Gallic setting would have to go because of costs and once you’ve done that, why not save more money and set the film in contemporary New York?
But that would almost make it a live action version of Oliver & Company.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^lol it would!

btw if they go for period piece for any of the Disney+ films I dont expect a period piece with any ounce of authenticity. Id expect it to be about as accurate as any of the current princess animated films were in depicting its time period which they were set(looking at you Elsa and your too modern for 1840's looking gowns.)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's official!
Disney doesn’t look to be slowing down any time soon when it comes to adapting classic animated pics into live-action features. Sources tell Deadline that an adaptation of The Aristocats is in early development with the studio’s live-action team. Will Gluck and Keith Bunin will pen the script, with Gluck producing through his Olive Bridge Entertainment banner.

Since it’s very early in development, not much more is known about the new film, including whether it would be for theatrical or streaming. Sources did add that even though its main characters are animals, it would have a similar look to the Lady in the Tramp pic that bowed on Disney+ in 2019.

Gluck is no stranger to family-friendly genres, having just directed Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway for Sony after successfully directing the first film. As for Bunin, the writer already has strong ties with the studio after penning the Pixar hit Onward.
Source: https://deadline.com/2022/01/live-actio ... 234916566/
Disney's Divinity

Duchess and Marie must be getting changed into cats of color for them to even consider making this. ( :P )
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

:lol: at cats of color! Getting non-white actors to voice the animal characters won't be enough. They'll definitely racebent Madame Adelaide Bonfamille and probably even her lawyer Georges Hautecourt. The villain Edgar will stay white, of course.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Questlove To Direct Live-Action Hybrid Adaptation of ‘The Aristocats’ For Disney
https://deadline.com/2023/03/ahmir-ques ... 235310472/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This being directed by a Black filmmaker and referred to as a "reimagining", adds more credence to the theory that it will have an all-Black cast. I also expect Everybody Wants to Be a Cat to be cut or have its lyrics changed since it's considered racist.