The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by D82 »

Farerb wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:48 am Thank you :)
I also own Fantastia, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I understand what you mean about ordering from the emporium site, I only made an exception for Hunchback, Aladdin I managed to get from a friend of a friend who went to D23 (which is why I also got the bag), otherwise I would have ordered it from the emporium site, but that would have been an exception too, and truthfully if they'll release them only that way then I probably won't order anymore as much as I'd like to get Bambi, Alice or Peter Pan if they were ever released, I'd just get them digitally.
You have a lot of them, Farerb! Apart from The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, I also own Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas and Mary Poppins, but there are still several I would like to have. I started collecting them quite late, and some are not available anymore or are quite expensive now, but who knows, maybe I could still get them. Anyway, it's good to have the option of getting them digitally if the other alternatives are too expensive or some titles are not available physically for some reason.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I own Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasia and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm still waiting to receive my complete Aladdin :D
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

So it seems I slept on it waiting for the dollar to get back down (LMAO as if) and apparently Aristocats is out of print? Does anyone know if it happened to other titles? Most of them seem to be available, at least on Disney Music Emporium
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

All of the titles that were released before Robin Hood are available through the box set that they have released back then.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I don’t think I’ve ever listed my collection but here it is.

In general I only collect the Walt era soundtracks and I also don’t collect titles of films whose soundtracks I’m satisfied with or which have very little bonus material.

Ok, I have the Legacy Collection of:

Disneyland
Cinderella
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
The Aristocats
Robin Hood
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Don't you like the music of the Disney Renaissance, carolinakid?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Some of it, Farerb, especially The Little Mermaid through Hercules, but not enough to purchase the Legacy editions. With those films I’m quite content with the OST CDs.
Thanks for asking!
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Farerb wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:26 am All of the titles that were released before Robin Hood are available through the box set that they have released back then.
I already have some of them, "unfortunately" but I might need to just get it
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I saw that the Disney Music Emporium has a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale- 15% and free shipping. And today is the last day, so I decided to use it to skip up in my collection and bought Hunchback and Robin Hood, since those aren't available on Amazon. Still need to find a way to get Lady and the Tramp and The Aristocats.
Refael
Limited Issue

Post by Refael »

hi everyone
Does anyone know how I can purchase the physical disc of Legacy Collection: Aladdin CD?
I can't purchase from disney music emporium! Because I live in Israel. I do have an address in the US for the shipping company, but he does not accept it. And the credit is also recognized in the national area.

I don't know why disney music emporium makes it difficult for buyers to make a purchase outside the US. (DisneyStore is a much more convenient store and allows purchases all over the world)
I don't understand this limitation. It's frustrating as a collector
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Disney Music Emporium does ship to Israel:

Try to check it again.
You need to use a credit card that is recognized internationally like Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
Refael
Limited Issue

Post by Refael »

It doesn't work unfortunately
Last edited by Refael on Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Refael
Limited Issue

Post by Refael »

Farerb wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:03 am The Disney Music Emporium does ship to Israel:

Try to check it again.
You need to use a credit card that is recognized internationally like Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
Thank you. Tried a number twice before and again. But unfortunately it didn't work. And the service doesn't answer me. I tried through a credit card and my address - without success. Is there another place where I can purchase the disc?
(When they were for sale on Amazon it was simple and easy)
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

I tried many, many times as well. Different credit cards, PayPal... shipping addresses both in/out of the US. I gave up eventually! Because every time a transaction goes through, it can take 1 month or more until the funds are released from hold by the credit card company / PayPal.

Their customer service department wasn't able to help me figure it out either :down:

It looks like their online store is run by a 3rd party called MusicToday. You might be able to Google and see if other people have found a solution. It's probably the same payment processing system for DME as well as other online music / merchandise stores.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Refael wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:39 pm Thank you. Tried a number twice before and again. But unfortunately it didn't work. And the service doesn't answer me. I tried through a credit card and my address - without success. Is there another place where I can purchase the disc?
(When they were for sale on Amazon it was simple and easy)
I agree. That's why I will only get them on digital from now on. Though I ordered Pinocchio on Amazon one time and it arrived without the discs :| but it wasn't a big deal because they gave me a full refund and I basically only listen to it on digital so basically I got the Pinocchio case for free :lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I don't know of any other place you can purchase it other than asking someone from the US to get it and ship it for you.

Another option is asking in this group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2243409 ... tid=NSMWBT

People there tend to be helpful, maybe there's someone there who knows someone in the US and could perhaps get it for you through them.
Refael
Limited Issue

Post by Refael »

Thank you very much: rb_canadian181 and Farerb - appreciates
I will check other options.
Guitarman

Questions regarding "The Legacy Collection" CDs.

Post by Guitarman »

I’m curious as to Walt Disney’s Records plans for the “The Legacy Collection” CDs. It looks like they released eleven titles over the course of two years (2014 and 2015), then the releases slowed to a crawl. After “The Aristocats” was released in July 2015, the next titles “Robin Hood” wasn’t released until June 2017. Then, “Beauty and the Beast” wasn’t released until January 2018. The next titles “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” wasn’t released until more than three and a half years later, in September 2021, though the pandemic could have had something to do with that extra-long wait. The next title “Aladdin” wasn’t released until a year later, in September 2022. And now, 2023 has come and gone without a new addition to the series.

So what do other people think is the plan for these type of releases? Is the Disney company going to release one title every few years, one a year, or get back to the point where they release several titles per year. Frankly, I was surprised, but happy to see “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” release simply because I’d thought the company had given up on the series. There’s a number of titles I’d like to see get the deluxe treatment (“Dumbo”, “Bambi”, “Peter Pan”, “Alice In Wonderland”, “The Great Mouse Detective”, “Oliver and Company”). What do the rest of you think?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Questions regarding "The Legacy Collection" CDs.

Post by carolinakid »

I think it’s clear that Disney doesn’t care much about its legacy. Especially anything from the Walt era. I assume CD sales were disappointing and therefore, my personal opinion is that we will see no further entries in the Legacy Collection. I would love to be wrong...
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I was hoping they'd release Snow White this year, in honor of their 100th anniversary. Who knows, maybe at next year's D23 event they'll announce it.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

We might see another addition in time for the D23 Expo, but it's just as possible that we may not. I recall seeing the Aladdin disc available throughout the entire expo, while the majority of the Music Emporium's specialty records had long sold out by that point. CD sales really aren't what they used to be.