Cinderella (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Cinderella (Live-Action)

Post by Disney Duster »

I realized while watching the movie the other day, that when Cinderella says, "Oh, I do hate myself in portraits" and Kit says, "Be kind', Cinderella isn't meaning she thinks portrait painters are bad, she's making fun of Kit! That makes their relationship even better to me.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This morning on YouTube there was a commercial for WDW titled "An Enchanting Stay Awaits at Walt Disney World" and it had (not Lily James but) live action Cinderella coming down the stairs for a quick moment. It was on the Roku app so I didn't have a link to it & I can't find it again online. I tried recording it on my phone to upload to show you, but of course I was on camera mode and not video mode. 😞
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awww it's ok Amy, thanks for telling us about it! Live-Action version Cinderella also runs down stairs in a Disney Cruise Line commercial.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Well, Disney+ has finally added this one back to its roster in the U.S.

Any bets on how long they'll keep it around?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I wish they would keep it all the time, but maybe it's so popular a lot of people are willing to buy it instead of just stream it for free.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Bailey was going to follow this “fractured fairy tale” approach — telling a familiar story from a different angle — for a planned version of “Cinderella” where Cinderella was left for dead in a forest, forced to befriend a rogue knight and stop a wedding that was of political importance to the kingdom. But Disney scrapped that after much development and instead opted for a more faithful remake, hiring Kenneth Branagh to give it some weight. It made more than $500 million and proved that a live-action remake of a Disney animated classics wasn’t just a fluke — it was now a franchise.
Source: https://www.thewrap.com/sean-bailey-disney-legacy/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I actually knew that was the basic plot of the original idea, from other sources in this thread, but thank you Sotiris for posting it all here for those who never knew!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for sharing, Sotiris. That would've been an interesting idea, but I'm glad they decided to do a more faithful adaptation.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, thank God they went more faithful and brought in Kenneth to make my favorite live-action film and one of the best Cinderellas ever!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I would do anything to get my hands on the script for the version of Cinderella that Disney was developing before they hired Chris Weitz and Kenneth Branagh. Even though the final result was close to perfect, I'd still love to see what could've been. This was the version that Disney spent 7 figures purchasing the pitch from Aline Brosh McKenna.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

tsom wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm I would do anything to get my hands on the script for the version of Cinderella that Disney was developing before they hired Chris Weitz and Kenneth Branagh. Even though the final result was close to perfect, I'd still love to see what could've been. This was the version that Disney spent 7 figures purchasing the pitch from Aline Brosh McKenna.
Yeah, as frustrating as many of these remakes have been, I'm still so fascinated to learn the in-depth behind the scenes details of how they came to be.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

PatchofBlue wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:29 pm
tsom wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm I would do anything to get my hands on the script for the version of Cinderella that Disney was developing before they hired Chris Weitz and Kenneth Branagh. Even though the final result was close to perfect, I'd still love to see what could've been. This was the version that Disney spent 7 figures purchasing the pitch from Aline Brosh McKenna.
Yeah, as frustrating as many of these remakes have been, I'm still so fascinated to learn the in-depth behind the scenes details of how they came to be.
Right! I know originally that live-action Beauty and the Beast was not a musical, so it would've been cool to know what that version would've been. Moreover, The Little Mermaid had a different writer before David Magee was hired, and I would love to know what that version entailed.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I am in full agreement with you both. I really wish I could have seen what that Aline Brosh McKenna Cinderella was gonna be.