Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by Farerb »

EXCLUSIVE:

The first NEW song confirmed for 'Snow White' (2024) is called "Waiting On A Wish".

Rachel Zegler described the song as Snow White's 'big I Want song'.
https://twitter.com/DPrincess_Facts/sta ... 7mj2g&s=19
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

D82 already reported this on the previous page. Really disingenuous of that Twitter fan account to refer to this as an "exclusive" of theirs when they got the information off a podcast. :eyebrow:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

You're right, I didn't notice that at first.
I'm sorry, D82
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

D82 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:23 am In another interview, she comments on the leaked photos of her in the Snow White dress:
I did get paparazzied, and it was terrifying. I was like in the woods, in London, and all of a sudden a guy with a camera pops put, and I was like, ‘What are YOU doing here?’ And I was just chilling with my… I was wearing UGG boots, I was listening to music … and like, I had clips in my hair. I didn’t look very Disney Princess at all. But I was wearing the dress. And when I see kids in that dress, I just can’t. It’s so amazing. It’s such an amazing thing.
Source: https://www.cinemablend.com/interviews/ ... hite-dress
UGH, that costume in the leaked paparazzi pics is god awful. It looks dollar store, halloween cheap. Particularly the yellow skirt part. I hope that is merely the tule underskirt to give volume and shape or something which will get another layer of fabric layered on top, because if that is the look, I'm already done before we even begin. Disastrous! I've seen MANY MANY cosplay Snow White's who look MUCH better than that abomination
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Oh, don't worry, Farerb. There's nothing to apologize for. :)

I wonder if the fact that this will be her big "I Want" song means "Someday My Prince Will Come" and "I'm Wishing" won't be in the film. I bet "Waiting on a Wish" replaces at least "I'm Wishing" as both have a similar title.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I actually think it confirms they will be there. From the title, it sounds like it's later in the film, when Snow White realizes the error of her ways and recognizes that waiting on wishes to simply come true isn't enough, that she'll have to do something, too. Sort of the counterpoint to "I'm Wishing" early in the film. I don't think they'd make a song like that one unless they wanted it there to counterbalance the other songs.

At least I hope so. I don't care about SMPWC, but "I'm Wishing / One Song" is the best song in the movie for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Amen, robster16, amen.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

The wistful I’m Wishing will always be Snow White’s big “I Want” song. Sorry to break it to you, Ms Zegler. And you’ll never be the real Princess Snow White!
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

carolinakid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:45 am The wistful I’m Wishing will always be Snow White’s big “I Want” song. Sorry to break it to you, Ms Zegler. And you’ll never be the real Princess Snow White!
Oh yes she will.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no, she won't.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Dear Duster,
👍😊
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Disney Duster wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:51 am Oh no, she won't.
We’ll see about that, dust bunny. :wink: 😎
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't understand why anyone would not want the original Snow White to be the real Snow White!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:46 am
carolinakid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:45 am The wistful I’m Wishing will always be Snow White’s big “I Want” song. Sorry to break it to you, Ms Zegler. And you’ll never be the real Princess Snow White!
Oh yes she will.
None of the remakes Disney has released so far has replaced its animated counterpart. This one will most likely have the same outcome. Sure, it will have a decent amount of success in theaters, but afterwards, it will be forgotten.
MaQu

Post by MaQu »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:28 pm I actually think it confirms they will be there. From the title, it sounds like it's later in the film, when Snow White realizes the error of her ways and recognizes that waiting on wishes to simply come true isn't enough, that she'll have to do something, too. Sort of the counterpoint to "I'm Wishing" early in the film. I don't think they'd make a song like that one unless they wanted it there to counterbalance the other songs.

At least I hope so. I don't care about SMPWC, but "I'm Wishing / One Song" is the best song in the movie for me.
I really hope you're right, I would like that very much if they choose to do it this way. We already know it will be nothing like an animated Snow White, so I think it would be a clever way for them to keep original songs.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This is in such a bad form. At a time where she's supposed to be promoting the movie, she throws it under the bus. I wonder whether she'll turn on Snow White too if the remake doesn't do well with critics or audiences.

Rachel Zegler Says She Joined the DCEU and ‘Shazam! Fury of the Gods’ Because She “Needed a Job”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235354999/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I had read that earlier elsewhere and it left out the ending where she likes the first Shazam and likes the sequel, so that's a little less damning at least. On the one hand, she's honest (how many actors take a role because they just need to work) but at the same time it's a bad look when it's your job to put the film in a great light...
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I (surprisingly) thoroughly enjoyed West Side Story, but I find this person comes across in interviews so unlikable and seemingly so full of herself. Time may teach her a lesson in humility...
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Yeah, in this link she goes on to say that she feels lucky to have landed this job (Shazam), so I think she's more making a statement about trying to find work as a young actress.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

She was on Stephen Colbert's show last week and it just reaffirmed that she has a personality that bugs. Colbert actually called her out slightly when she talked about how fans mob her when standing next to some SW ride at WDW, and he asked why she would be camped out there so often in the first place?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"