Pinocchio (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action)

Post by Vlad »

Ouch :lol: :lol: Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis don't deserve these nominations. They're both super talented and very good at what they do, and they gave it their best. The movie sucked, but not because of them.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Since it's the worst reviewed Disney live-action remake so far, I'm not surprised it got all these nominations. I'm glad Disenchanted was spared.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Pinocchio won the Razzie for Worst Remake/Rip-off/Sequel:
https://variety.com/2023/awards/news/20 ... 235549594/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Peter Pan & Wendy is next. :lol: :lol:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Peter Pansexual and The Black Little Mermaid are certain to be nominated next year!
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

carolinakid wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:40 am Peter Pansexual and The Black Little Mermaid are certain to be nominated next year!
"Son... just don't."
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, it's going to be competitive between PP&W and TLM, that's for sure. They put more effort into the latter, but it barely looks better than the former.

The critics turned on the remakes back around 2019, going by their reaction being so out-of-step with audiences on Aladdin. But the public on the other hand, only seemed to turn on them around Mulan 2020. At least Mulan, PP&W, and TLM deserve the tidal wave of negativity more than Pinocchio did, but, eh, sacrifices had to be made, I suppose. :P I'm surprised the Razzies have a category that separates remakes and sequels rather than having them all compete for Worst Film together. I guess because a sequel or remake would win every year if they didn't.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Farerb wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:30 amPinocchio won the Razzie for Worst Remake/Rip-off/Sequel:
https://variety.com/2023/awards/news/20 ... 235549594/
Well, that was not a surprise! :lol: Considering how it was completely shunned by critics, it wasn`t unexpected that it would win a Razzie at all! :P
MaQu

Post by MaQu »

Finally got to watch it with my family. I don't think it was really bad, just unmemorable. Good movie to see once, but probably never again. I thought the Fairy looked much better in motion than she did on the photos.

However, I only saw animated Pinocchio as a kid and don't really remember anything from it, only the When You Wish Upon A Star song of course, so I can't compare them at the moment.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Pinocchio's remake deserved all the negativity! That thing is horrible! Pinocchio looks at a turd for like a whole minute! There's no emotion between any characters! There's no power in the ending. Even Tom Hanks sucks in it. Just...wow!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Oh, yes! I couldn't help but laugh during certain scenes, especially at the end, when Pinocchio's legs turn into an engine for the boat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yup, Vlad, yup, that was bad, too.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Paul King Reveals the Tearjerking Ending to His Take on Disney’s ‘Pinocchio:’ ‘I Was Interested in the Idea of Parenthood’
https://www.thewrap.com/pinocchio-paul- ... on-disney/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

That sounds like such a sweet vision of the story. Would love to know more about it. Though it still sounds Pinocchio still would have been a puppet at the end of that version too? Kinda weird that every filmmaker has landed on that as the "superior" version of the ending these days.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Probably because they don’t believe in dreams coming true....
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

carolinakid wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 pm Probably because they don’t believe in dreams coming true....
If only Disney had made a movie about dreams, and or WISHES and how much they mean to a person and them coming true…… Or wait……
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Too bad it sucked....
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

carolinakid wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:06 pm Too bad it sucked....
Too bad it actually didn’t suck, but people are too stubborn and or pre-judged and biased towards Disney to realize how amazing and truly representative and respectful of Disney it truly is, unlike certain other things they’ve done recently such as Chip and Dale REFERENCE Rangers eh?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I actually liked both Pinocchio (2022 / Disney) and the Chip N Dale film--for what they are. Of course, the remake of this pales in comparison to Walt's masterpiece. Del Toro's film is far better than it, too, but I'd take the Walt animated film over that one as well.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Patricier21 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:22 pm
carolinakid wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:06 pm Too bad it sucked....
Too bad it actually didn’t suck, but people are too stubborn and or pre-judged and biased towards Disney to realize how amazing and truly representative and respectful of Disney it truly is, unlike certain other things they’ve done recently such as Chip and Dale REFERENCE Rangers eh?
I tried to like this one, I really did. I remember being super excited after seeing all the trailers that Disney did for it. I also liked the posters and the cast. But then I saw the movie itself, and it was a huge disappointment. It wasn't nearly as bad as Peter Pan & Wendy, that one will remain the worst thing to come from Disney, a huge mess from beginning to end. But the story changes they made didn't make any sense, for example Pinocchio being kicked out of school. And what was with that scene with him smelling faeces? And let's not forget that scene with his legs turning into an engine for the raft - that one made me laugh out loud, and it took place during what was supposed to be a very intense and scary sequence. And that awful ending...
Sotiris wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:52 am Paul King Reveals the Tearjerking Ending to His Take on Disney’s ‘Pinocchio:’ ‘I Was Interested in the Idea of Parenthood’
https://www.thewrap.com/pinocchio-paul- ... on-disney/
That really is very touching. It sounds so much better than the ending we see in the final movie.