Peter Pan & Wendy (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: Peter Pan & Wendy (Live-Action)

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

D82 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:00 pm New images from the Disney+ preview of content for next year D23ExpoVisitor25 posted in the Dug Days thread:

These scenes were in the trailer for Peter Pan and Wendy that I saw at D23.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:01 pm These scenes were in the trailer for Peter Pan and Wendy that I saw at D23.
Oh, OK. If, as expected, this film comes out at the beginning of next year, that trailer will probably be released online soon.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

D82 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:32 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:01 pm These scenes were in the trailer for Peter Pan and Wendy that I saw at D23.
Oh, OK. If, as expected, this film comes out at the beginning of next year, that trailer will probably be released online soon.
I'm thinking April, since Disney+ Original Movies that are major titles usually get marketed 3 months out (Lady and The Tramp, Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Pinocchio, Hocus Pocus 2, and DisEnchanted).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Everything from that 2023 trailer looks so awful. The only thing I'm looking forward to is for June to come so I could finally cancel my Disney+ subscription.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I hate the look of Wendy. The animated version of Wendy is one of my favorites. She’s so pretty and “proper English-y”. This one looks like a woke bore.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:25 pm Everything from that 2023 trailer looks so awful. The only thing I'm looking forward to is for June to come so I could finally cancel my Disney+ subscription.
Geez, Unversed or is it a heartless, much? What about the back catalog? Do you not at least get value in that?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Was the line "were you expecting someone else?" taken from this Winnie the Pooh TV spot? :lol: That's the first thing that came to head when I heard it. :P

Anyway, I agree with Farerb that none of their upcoming projects showcased in the Disney+ ad look appealing. As for the footage from Peter Pan & Wendy, I think it looks too dark and dreary. While it makes sense for London to be portrayed as such, having this look throughout the film is a bad idea. Also, I don't like the actor cast as Peter. Race-bending issues aside, I find him to be lacking in charisma and presence to pull off such a role. I think this remake will be received the same way the Pinocchio one was.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Patricier21 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:23 am What about the back catalog? Do you not at least get value in that?
You mean the movies I already own on Blu-ray?
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:22 am
Patricier21 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:23 am What about the back catalog? Do you not at least get value in that?
You mean the movies I already own on Blu-ray?
And the shows, most of which they have not released on physical media, Not to mention streaming support for the stuff you do care about which will more likely have them do more of/with them
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Sotiris wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:57 am Was the line "were you expecting someone else?" taken from this Winnie the Pooh TV spot? :lol: That's the first thing that came to head when I heard it. :P

Anyway, I agree with Farerb that none of their upcoming projects showcased in the Disney+ ad look appealing.
Nah, Sotiris. You and Farerb couldn't be more wrong. Everything in that spot teasing the 2023 projects for Disney+ looks appealing. Ahsoka, excitingly appealing. Pixar's Win Or Lose, intriguingly appealing. Crater, mystifyingly intriguing. Loki Season 2, Secret Invasion, Peter Pan & Wendy, The Mandalorian Season 3, Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2, and Star Wars: Skeleton Crew, all appealing.

Learn to like some of these things or get off this forum so we don't have to deal with your jaded negativity.

Oh and Farerb says he only looks forward to "cancelling Disney+ in June," eh? Well, I look forward to adding more people on my alternate Disney+ account from my other e-mail just to stick a middle finger to her and make it look like Faerb's cancellation of her Disney+ account means nothing in the long run and will have no affect on Disney+ whatsoever.
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post edited to remove personal attack.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm not really grumpy about it, only stating my opinion about the upcoming "content". I'm really not into MCU and Star Wars anymore. I'll watch the final Guardians film and Spider-Man movies in the future but that's really it for me, I also liked 7-8 from the Sequel Trilogy of Star Wars, but to me this overload just really killed any interest I had in the franchises, it just feels like doing chores nowadays.

And Peter Pan? No thank you, I've had enough of these remakes. I'll watch The Little Mermaid and Snow White but that's it for me.

Not to say that Disney+ never had movies I was interested in, like Howard or Disenchanted or Only Murders in the Building, but they are few, so my comment just refered to the fact that there's little that interests me in that service.

I don't really care if Disney+ fails or succeeds, so you're not really sticking a middle finger at me, it's your money so do whatever you want with it. I just see few reasons to spend my own money on it, and I might subscribe again (this time - a monthly subscription so I could cancel it afterwards) if and when they release something I am interested in, like Tiana or Moana (which you claimed you didn't care about so does that make you a grumpy old boomer?).

And yes, I agree with you that I have become more negative about Disney these last two years, maybe because it rubbed off on me (maybe it'll happen to you too, I hope not), but mostly because ever since they started with Disney+ (and even a little bit before) it feels like Disney is creatively dead, everything they produce needs to be a part of a franchise, or fit into the general brand, everything follows the same formula, they don't take any risk anymore, they don't really have an ambition to create something unique that stands out from the usual movies/shows they produce, they are really just going through the motions at this point and it really bores me.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Farerb wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:44 am I'm not really grumpy about it, only stating my opinion about the upcoming "content". I'm really not into MCU and Star Wars anymore. I'll watch the final Guardians film and Spider-Man movies in the future but that's really it for me, I also liked 7-8 from the Sequel Trilogy of Star Wars, but to me this overload just really killed any interest I had in the franchises, it just feels like doing chores nowadays.

And Peter Pan? No thank you, I've had enough of these remakes. I'll watch The Little Mermaid and Snow White but that's it for me.

Not to say that Disney+ never had movies I was interested in, like Howard or Disenchanted or Only Murders in the Building, but they are few, so my comment just refered to the fact that there's little that interests me in that service.

I don't really care if Disney+ fails or succeeds, so you're not really sticking a middle finger at me, it's your money so do whatever you want with it. I just see few reasons to spend my own money on it, and I might subscribe again (this time - a monthly subscription so I could cancel it afterwards) if and when they release something I am interested in, like Tiana or Moana (which you claimed you didn't care about so does that make you a grumpy old boomer?).

And yes, I agree with you that I have become more negative about Disney these last two years, maybe because it rubbed off on me (maybe it'll happen to you too, I hope not), but mostly because ever since they started with Disney+ (and even a little bit before) it feels like Disney is creatively dead, everything they produce needs to be a part of a franchise, or fit into the general brand, everything follows the same formula, they don't take any risk anymore, they don't really have an ambition to create something unique that stands out from the usual movies/shows they produce, they are really just going through the motions at this point and it really bores me.
Well, that's your problem. Don't make it mine.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

@D23ExpoVisitor25: Personal attacks are not tolerated here. Just as you are entitled to express your opinion, so is everyone else, and that includes sharing negative thoughts and criticisms about Disney. If you can't handle that, then maybe this place is not for you.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, to give my thoughts about the parts from the commercial and the pictures: It`s remarkable how all of the actors looks younger than their animated counterparts. But hey, that was the case with Mowgli in Jon Favreau`s The Jungle Book, where Neel Sethi looked way younger than the animated Mowgli did. Otherwise, the shots looks Narnia-like.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:18 pm I'm thinking April, since Disney+ Original Movies that are major titles usually get marketed 3 months out (Lady and The Tramp, Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Pinocchio, Hocus Pocus 2, and DisEnchanted).
Disney has now announced the film will come out in spring 2023, so you may be right about that. I thought it would be released a bit earlier since a couple of books inspired by it were going to be released in January. But now the release date of the Junior Novelization has been moved to April. The other book, Tiger Lily and the Secret Treasure of Neverland, apparently still comes out in January.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Yara Shahidi Talks Feeling "Punked" on Set of 'Peter Pan & Wendy'
https://collider.com/yara-shahidi-peter ... -comments/
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

New bits of footage from Peter Pan and Wendy in the DIsney Bundle spot teasing some of the 2023 slate for Disney+ and Hulu: https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... ngjFDAQVBg.

Really hoping we get a trailer tonight during the Grammys to mark the 70th Anniversary of the animated original and the music in the movie.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Looks like Skyler Shuler is teasing we'll get the trailer at the Super Bowl.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Farerb wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:44 am And Peter Pan? No thank you, I've had enough of these remakes. I'll watch The Little Mermaid and Snow White but that's it for me.
I will watch this one, because it's on Disney+. If it were released in theaters, I wouldn't have been interested. As someone else said here, the Wendy in the animated one is super pretty and very English-y and elegant, this one is like Elizabeth Swann in the Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm not particularly fond of the actor who plays Peter Pan either. John and Michael are kinda meh.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Kathryn Beaumont is my favorite Wendy. She’s everything the character should be. I won’t be watching this crap.