The Lion King Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Lion King Discussion

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:56 am After Ursula, it's Scar's turn to get a comic book origin story.

The Lion King's Scar Gets His Own Disney Villains Comic From Dynamite
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-lio ... -dynamite/
Did the Ursula thing ever get released? I remember I bookmarked it back when you posted about it and then would check on it from time to time, until the page didn't work anymore and even searching for the title / author never showed anything? I feel like I checked once in the past six months even (just a random memory of it popped in my head one day) and still couldn't find anything. I thought it must've been cancelled for some reason.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I wanted to write something about The Lion King because there are news about the sequel, but figured this thread is more appropriate.

The best continuation they could have done to the original Lion King is making a Lion King themed "Fantasia" with the music from Rhythm of the Pride Lands back in the '90s. Now "He Lives in You" will forever be associated with the mediocre sequel.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Farerb wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 am The best continuation they could have done to the original Lion King is making a Lion King themed "Fantasia" with the music from Rhythm of the Pride Lands back in the '90s. Now "He Lives in You" will forever be associated with the mediocre sequel.
I mean, the Broadway show is wildly successful and has probably had more lasting exposure than the DTV sequel, so people have definitely had the chance to connect "He Lives in You" to the stage.

But I think that a "Lion King" Fantasia sounds like a fascinating idea.

That's a lovely logo, incidentally.