Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Adriana Caselotti
Ilene Woods
and
Mary Costa
are my favorite Disney voices.
Keeping it to three would be difficult for me, even if we kept it focused on the DACs only and not TV series, DTV sequels, Broadway shows, etc. Mine are Pat Carroll, Jodi Benson, Angela Lansbury, Judy Kuhn, Anika Noni Rose, Kristen Bell, Ilene Woods, Susan Egan, Idina Menzel, Brad Caleb Kane, and Lillias White.

Ilene Woods definitely has a very warm, beautiful voice even if Cinderella only has a couple of songs I like.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The ADiaWYHM video said not available for me, too. Maybe it's only for certain countries. :(
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That's strange. It's an official video, not something uploaded by a fan. I don't understand why it doesn't work for you guys
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey everyone!

Long time no see!

So I checked that ADIYHM footage, and indeed, it is not available for North America. I used my VPN, and it is available for South America and Europe. I didn't check other continents, sorry.
It's interesting, cause it feels like the 1950's version of doing a Disney song for the "pop" market... like what they started doing with BATB.

About the Cinderella 4K release... I couldn't be more excited... AND apprehensive. If they don't do a proper transfer for this, that is IT. But they should, because the previous restoration was done at 2K, not 4K. Would they just upscale it?? Would look terrible. Now I wonder if they'll use the new transfer on Disney+ like they did with TLM...

If Cinderella DOES have a good transfer, I am definitely buying it! Even if I don't have a 4K player :-(
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You give me hope, Marce82! And I will buy this even though I don't have a 4K as well.
Disney's Divinity

I would buy it if the film looks better / the way it did originally (finally), without a doubt. Otherwise I have the Signature Blu-ray and Platinum DVD if it looks the same as it has been, and that's enough for me.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I have a theory as to why we are getting the Diamond disc and not the Signature disc with this release. The Siganture disc's most important feature was "In Walt's Words", but maybe because all the discs will be getting a new transfer, they were to lazy to re-do the "In Walt's Words" bonus feature with the new transfer in it!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That or it's simply a mistake on their part. Maybe they'll do a press release.
blackcauldron85

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/events/berl ... 25167.html
As has traditionally been the case, Berlin’s Generation Kplus section has several animated titles as part of its lineup.
A fully restored version of Disney’s 1950 classic Cinderella will screen as part of Disney’s 100th anniversary.

...This year’s Berlinale takes place in the German capital February 16-26.
Surely the 4k release will be mastered from this restoration, right??
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

blackcauldron85 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:32 amSurely the 4k release will be mastered from this restoration, right??
After years of online drama, Walt Disney Home Video would be clueless not to use the new, and presumably much improved master.

Then again, Universal did release The Prince of Egypt on Blu-ray using its dated 1998 master EVEN THOUGH THEY PREMIERED A NEW RESTORATION THAT SAME YEAR. :angry: Now it's coming out on 4K UHD. Yay. :roll:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Well, this is a huge relief. Cinderella will finally get the restoration she deserves
Disney's Divinity

Yay, good to know there is in fact a new restoration to pin hopes on. Still, I'm not going to get myself too excited right away...Disney may still put their fingers on the scale to keep the colors from looking right with the dress and so on with new restoration, too--but I don't know, the Disney Princess line has changed most of the colors back to the way they looked originally (including with Cinderella) the past couple of years, maybe they're finally out of this phase of making the films hyper-bright to match the line. At least there's hope! :dance:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I could be wrong, but one would think Disney would target a 4K release to the collector and animation buff rather than to little kids and thus, provide a proper and authentic restoration.... but Disney has disappointed me often before...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

carolinakid wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 am I could be wrong, but one would think Disney would target a 4K release to the collector and animation buff rather than to little kids and thus, provide a proper and authentic restoration.... but Disney has disappointed me often before...
In my opinion they did a good job with The Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Little Mermaid. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do it now.
Disney's Divinity

A shame The Sword in the Stone's restoration hasn't been released on Blu-ray as yet. :(
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you so much Amy!!!!!!!!! But, by any chance by "fully restored" would they be referring to the old restoration, since they said that was fully restored back then?
blackcauldron85

Disney Duster wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 pm But, by any chance by "fully restored" would they be referring to the old restoration, since they said that was fully restored back then?
Oh no, I hadn't thought of that - I assumed it was a new 100th anniversary restoration. But I can't find any info online about one. I just left a comment on that Cartoon Brew article so we'll see if anyone responds who knows...
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 pm Thank you so much Amy!!!!!!!!! But, by any chance by "fully restored" would they be referring to the old restoration, since they said that was fully restored back then?
I thought of that, too. But when they said that it's for the company's 100th anniversary, it gave me a bit of hope. Fingers crossed then. And if it's indeed a new restoration, let's hope they include it on the regular Blu-ray as well.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

AMAZING NEWS!!! (Disney Duster, hold on to your chair!)

SoI went looking for the Berliner Festival website... I found it, and it has a sample of their transfer of Cinderella, and it is 100% A NEW TRANSFER (obviously, the audio is in German). Im not sure if the colors are completely right (would like to see more), but the line quality is VASTLY improved!!! I AM THRILLED! I can't wait to see the whole film LIKE THIS.

I'm sure you'll all want to check it out, here is the link:

https://www.berlinale.de/en/2023/progra ... 15288.html
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It's definitely different and looks better:

Blu-ray:

The video from the website: