Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Since I'm finally caught up on all their films now:

1. The Incredibles
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story 2
4. Inside Out
5. Toy Story
6. Luca
7. Monsters, Inc.
8. Finding Dory
9. Turning Red
10. Ratatouille
11. Toy Story 4
12. Coco
13. Onward
14. Incredibles 2
15. Finding Nemo
16. WALL E
17. Soul
18. Up
19. A Bug's Life
20. Brave
21. Cars
22. The Good Dinosaur
23. Monsters University

Still haven't seen Cars 2 and 3. I finally like all of my top 10 now! :pink: 11-16 are just alright. 17-20 meh, only a few good things about those films (ABL's Hopper, Up's prologue, Joe himself and several of the otherworldly stuff in Soul, the Witch in Brave and I do like Elinor and Fergus as a pair even if their designs look better hand-drawn than in the film itself). 21-23 hate.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I was very tired two days ago so I decided to put on something I wouldn't have to pay attention to and watched all the Cars movies (+ TV show) and The Good Dinosaur. Thought about updating my ranking since some of my opinions changed from two + years ago:

1. WALL-E
2. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story
5. Toy Story 3
6. Luca
7. Finding Nemo
8. Toy Story 2
9. Monsters Inc
10. Up
11. A Bug's Life
12. Inside Out
13. Coco
14. Soul
15. Brave
16. Incredibles 2
17. Toy Story 4
18. Turning Red
19. Cars
20. Cars 3
21. The Good Dinosaur
22. Onward
23. Finding Dory
24. Monsters University
25. Cars 2
26. Lightyear
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Lightyear WAS a bomb ๐Ÿ’ฃ, wasnโ€™t it?
Iโ€™d rather watch Cars 2 on a loop, than to sit through Lightyear again.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 am Lightyear WAS a bomb ๐Ÿ’ฃ, wasnโ€™t it?
Iโ€™d rather watch Cars 2 on a loop, than to sit through Lightyear again.
To me Cars 2 is more of a WTF movie but I was at least entertained by all the stupid things happening there. I was just completely bored by Lightyear.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Made some small changes and added Elemental:

1. WALL-E
2. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story
5. Toy Story 3
6. Toy Story 2
7. Luca
8. Incredibles 2
9. Finding Nemo
10. Monsters Inc
11. Up
12. A Bug's Life
13. Inside Out
14. Coco
15. Soul
16. Brave
17. Toy Story 4
18. Turning Red
19. Elemental
20. Cars
21. Cars 3
22. The Good Dinosaur
23. Onward
24. Finding Dory
25. Monsters University
26. Cars 2
27. Lightyear
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Its really really hard to rank the Pixar movies, and since i saw most of the New ones only once, it might be inaccurate, but I KNOW Ratatouille is clearly #1 and Incredibles #2 on my list

PERFECTION:
1. Ratatouille Such a charming story. I can rewatch the movie thousand times and never get bored. The food looks delicious, Linguini and Remy are charming characters and the message is also really cute. :D . Its such a comfort movie. Perfection.

GREAT:
2. The Incredibles: great charming characters, great villain and I love the vintage setting. Iconic score and I love the family dynamic.
3. Inside Out
4. Monsters Inc
5. Walle
6. Soul
7. Up

REALLY GOOD:
8. Toy Story 2
9. Toy Story
10. Coco
11. Brave: its not perfect, but I think it got its message across quite well. I really love the Balance of gloomy fairytale with the Humour, especially from her brothers and Bear Mom.
12. Luca: It was such a classic charming story. It kinda reminded me of Little Mermaid, but with a casual modern aspect rather than the grand fairytale blockbuster that it is. I also envy Lucas and Albertos friendship, I had a friend who was like Alberto and I was Luca*ish, he showed me great places and more, but whatever he recently moved spontaniously to another country because he found it beautiful there and I will probably never see him again :-D :brick: :kermit:
13. Finding Nemo: idk but FN always felt kinda depressing. Its not even such a sad movie, I think its the dark underwater look. They handled it way better in the sequel which looks more bright most of the time. But the Father son story was really great (kinda like King Tritons arc, only that this is the main focus now). Its really good.

Good:
14. Cars: Nostalgia probably catapulted it up here. Its not as groundbreaking as most Pixar movies, and not really that emotional, but it has an unique character arc about a bratty car :P that Learns to be more humble and Down to earth. And McQueen and Mater are an iconic duo.
15. Elemental: i kinda had my doubts with this one, since it felt like Zootopia but with Elements, but it was really original enough. Its probably also more rewatchable than Zootopia because it has no "secret twist villain".
16. Cars 3: This one is the emotional one in the Cars franshise. I really liked McQueens arc here.
17. Toy Story 3: i feel this one is a bit overrated, but when it hits, it hits. The additional characters are also really fun like Ken and Barbie
18. Toy Story 4, also liked this one.
19. Onward
20. Monsters University
21. Turning Red

Meh Good enough:
22. A Bugs Life
23. Finding Dory
24. Cars 2:
childhood favourite, still remember when I saw it in theatres. Now it feels more like a spinoff than a traditional follow up, but I really like the spy elements. Unfortunate that it feels out of place but whatever
25. The Incredibles 2: I really really liked it when I first saw it, but it worn off after few years. It felt like the characters were stuck in the past, especially Violet, where she learned to be confident in the end, only to end up being shy again. But the Action and mystery aspect was really entertaining and I love how Bob and Helen switched roles.
26. The good enough Dinosaur: i literally completely forgot what happened in the movie, and I watched it like 3 times or something. But the only thing i remember are the emotional scenes with Arlos Dad and the ending was really bittersweet, which I really love. If we were only Ranking the Pixar endings, I think this one would slightly make its way in the top 10.

Mehhhhhh:
27. Light
28. Year
, biggest Fanservice movie, i doubt this was the blockbuster that Andy was fascinated of, glad it bombed, if not we would have probably gotten a "Woody Wild West" movie lol. It didnt feel like Pixar at all. I dont hate it, but its clearly the weakest pixar movie.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: