Barbie (2023)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Hey Mooky (and anyone else who's interested), here's some pix from my Barbie collection...

I'm getting new dolls all the time so this isn't even the tip of the iceberg... :D
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Cordy, Image. That's an INCREDIBLE collection! I love how they're in categories, sort of, the vintage ones, and then the more modern ones. :thumb:

I don't have any Barbies from when I was younger (thanks, Mom. :roll: ), so the only two I have now are Jasmine and Pooh Barbie (she's in Pooh pajamas).
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

A Barbie movie?!

:o :o :o

Excuse me, i'm gonna go throw up.

Oh yeah, and Hollywood has hit a new low (yet again).
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Aesome collection, Cordy!

My mom got into Barbie collecting in 1989 (during Barbie's 30th anniversary!) when I was in first grade. She more or less was interested in replacing her old Barbies she had trashed during the growing up process, so I became very exposed to the nostalgic Barbies. I used to spend a lot of time reading Barbie collecting guides, learning all about the rare freckle-less Midge, ways to tell Barbie #1 from #2, and how to find a Bubblecut Barbie without green ears. Great times.

Now, a retro Barbie movie would be cool. But I'm pretty sure I won't be interested in whatever this turns out to be.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Okay first Transformers....then GI JOE.....now Barbie???

This is a terrible Idea . This makes the Fat Albert Movie sound like the OSCAR winning movie of all Time...I mean didn't the Bratz movie teach them anything?????

What's it going to be called.. From Barbie to Kelly? :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Since they're turning toys into movie, I can't wait for masterpieces like Ball: The Movie, The Shrinky Dinks Trilogy, and Pop Goes the Weasel: I Was A Teenage Jack in the Box.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Wow, that's an amazing collection, C-B :thumb: Please post more pics!

Compared to you, I'm not really a collector, I just happen to be that weird guy who likes Barbies and buys them. It started as a childhood thing, but continued well through my high school years. I used to buy at least two dolls a year, but haven't bought a single one since they gave them those huge heads and tiny bodies. Ick! Anyway, even though I'm not keeping my collection up for display, once in a while I like to get them out of their boxes and create "sceneries" with my dolls. You know, dress them up and give them something to do. It's kind of like making your own stop-motion film but without a camera :p.

Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your collection. I hate when people throw other people's stuff without asking.
blackcauldron85

Mooky wrote: Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your collection. I hate when people throw other people's stuff without asking.
Thanks. She did it with lots of my things: my stuffed animals (and Barbies and my extensive Happy Meal toy collection, etc.), my Sing-Along song tapes, my Mary Poppins record. She just didn't care. She was mean about it, too. :headshake: When she was tossing (or donating, I guess?) my stuffed animals, she was like, "Say bye to your friends", but in like the meanest way possible. Honestly. I was just bawling, and she didn't care.

Enough about my mom. I rant too much about my family on here. :P
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Mooky wrote: Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your collection. I hate when people throw other people's stuff without asking.
Thanks. She did it with lots of my things: my stuffed animals (and Barbies and my extensive Happy Meal toy collection, etc.), my Sing-Along song tapes, my Mary Poppins record. She just didn't care. She was mean about it, too. :headshake: When she was tossing (or donating, I guess?) my stuffed animals, she was like, "Say bye to your friends", but in like the meanest way possible. Honestly. I was just bawling, and she didn't care.
Well, on the plus side, you don't have to worry about finding space for them. I have a lot of toys with me that I have acquired in my adult years. When I think about someday finding space for all the toys I still have at my mom's, I start getting anxiety pains. Plus, I plan to have a couple of kids at some point in the future, who will also be well-stocked in the toy department. It will be a funhouse!
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
blackcauldron85

I actually collect stuffed animals, so I have over 200 I guess, and I already have problems with space. :p But, like you, my future kids will have plenty of toys! :)
DisneyPrincessSyndrome

Post by DisneyPrincessSyndrome »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. STICK WITH THE CGI! -cries again- Didn't we learn anything? Bratz was dumb, only thing good about GI Joe was Channing Tatum (my parents saw it, but decided not to take me...and my mom KNOWS how much I love that man), and Transformer lost its magic with the second movie.

Barbie movies HAVE been getting worse, but I'm hoping that Three Musketeers will be as good as Island Princess (the last good one in my opinion). And Mooky, I'm a Barbie lover (insanely) and collector (somewhat, I hate keeping them in boxes and I'll randomly play with them when I'm bored), too! I wish I still had my Happy Meal Barbie toys, but my dad gave them away to charity (along with many of my regular Barbies) without my permission a few years back. :[
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm just sickened by the cgi films. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Live Action Barbie movie(2020)

Post by DisneyFan97 »

So there a thing i find REALLY WERID. The live action Barbie movie from Warnes Brothers is salated to be realsed in half a year. Yet we have heard NOTHING about thes art of filimning nor even the castinng of ANY of the supporting roles ?

I find that really strange.- What is up with theatrical l Barbie movie ?

Will they film in January than realse it in May ? Seems kind of like an unrealstic goal.

Why have we goten no updates about it since a Director a writers were attached ?!
blackcauldron85

Re: Live Action Barbie movie(2020)

There's actually an existing thread from when the film was first announced:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25494&start=20&hilit=barbie

I know that as Barbie, Amy Schumer was first announced, then Anne Hathaway.
Sotiris

Re: Live Action Barbie movie(2020)

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I know that as Barbie, Amy Schumer was first announced, then Anne Hathaway.
...then Margot Robbie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Re: Barbie: The Movie?!

^ I hadn't heard that. Google search says she's still going to be in it!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

If the star is supposed to be the Barbie we know, Margot Robbie seems like the best choice.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Will this movie actually make it's summer 2020 release date ? Seems like filming hasn't even started no work on additional casting either. I mean i assume someone will play Ken ?

Does it even a cinematographer or Production designer attached yet ?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Casting news.

Ryan Gosling To Play Ken Opposite Margot Robbie In ‘Barbie’ Movie From Warner Bros, LuckyChap & Mattel
https://deadline.com/2021/10/ryan-gosli ... 234858848/

America Ferrera Joins Margot Robbie In ‘Barbie’ Movie From Warner Bros, Mattel And LuckyChap
https://deadline.com/2022/02/america-fe ... 234927551/

‘Barbie’: Kate McKinnon Latest To Join Margot Robbie In Warner Bros, Mattel And LuckyChap Film
https://deadline.com/2022/02/barbie-kat ... 234934443/

‘Barbie’: Ariana Greenblatt Joins Margot Robbie In Warner Bros., Mattel And LuckyChap Pic
https://deadline.com/2022/03/barbie-ari ... 234968418/

Barbie’: Kingsley Ben-Adir, Rhea Perlman, Emerald Fennell, Scott Evans, More Round Out Cast Of Warner Bros, Mattel And LuckyChap Pic
https://deadline.com/2022/04/barbie-kin ... 235002559/

Simu Liu Joins Margot Robbie in Warner Bros.’ ‘Barbie’
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235091822/

Will Ferrell Joins Margot Robbie in Greta Gerwig’s ‘Barbie’
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235128254/

Margot Robbie’s ‘Barbie’ Casts ‘And Just Like That’ Actor Hari Nef
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/marg ... 235233039/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

You guys, the teaser trailer is out! This looks FUN!!!
https://youtu.be/8zIf0XvoL9Y