Disneyland - Sydney, Australia ?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Is that why it can cost $7 for a cup of coffee there?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

No, that's just typical Disney! :lol:
But fact is Disney relies on millions in order to survive the way they are now.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Sunset Girl
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sunset Girl »

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd still love to have one in Chicago, but I know that's never gonna happen! :wink:
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Well.... the chances of Disneyland opening in Australia keep getting greater... Click on the link below for the latest news video.

Australian Transport magnate Lindsay Fox has launched a bid to get the Disney organisation to build a $1.5 Billion theme park in Victoria, Australia.

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/video/p.ht ... ionID=1726
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Just some further info..

Avalon to take the Mickey under Fox plan for Disney park

AVALON could become the new Anaheim, with trucking magnate Lindsay Fox reportedly launching plans to attract Australia's first Disneyland theme park to the site.

A Channel Nine news report revealed last night that the high-profile businessman had approached Disney Corporation executives to develop the proposed theme park at Avalon following overtures for an Australian-based facility.

Disney executives toured the Avalon site last month, following business trips to Queensland's Gold Coast and Melbourne's Docklands precinct.

Mr Fox, who is in Europe, was unavailable for comment last night but it is believed his main sales pitch was Avalon's proximity to a major airport - a key feature of Disney's Anaheim theme park in the United States.

Other Avalon Airport figures were tight lipped about the proposal.

Member for Geelong Province John Eren, a key figure in negotiations to secure budget airline JetStar at Avalon, claimed he had heard little about the Disneyland development.

But he said he would support any moves to further boost the Avalon precinct.

I've always had a belief that Avalon isn't used enough but hypothetically speaking, if Avalon was approached, this would be a fantastic idea-not only for Geelong but for the whole western region corridor,'' Mr Eren said.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disneyland - Sydney, Australia ?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Former Imagineer Shares Concept Art for ‘Disney Wharf’, A Project Designed for Australia That Was Never Realized
https://wdwnt.com/?p=829568