Your Disney Story (Introductions Thread)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Just Wondering? / Your Disney Story - INTRODUCTIONS Thre

Post by Jules »

Sotiris wrote:
Nandor wrote:How long have people been unable to join?
It's been years. The last member who got activated before the glitch was in May 2019.
I looked at the members list a few days ago, and was rather disturbed to realise that even before 2019 it seems new registrations were reduced to a mere fraction of the previous numbers - very suddenly in 2010/2011.

What happened?

I thought of the Sitepocalypse ... but has that really been 11 years already? Even if that's the reason, why didn't registrations pick up after the site became visible on Google search again?

Re thedisneyspirit

I have no idea what happened to her. I remember back when she was new (with her old Goofy avatar on a dark blue background) she seemed very nice, gentle and sensible. Honestly, comparing her latest posts to her earliest it's like looking at a completely different person. (As if her account was hacked at some point.) If she is having mental issues, I hope she sorts them out and finds happiness.

Re JeanGreyForever

I had no idea she was banned! I merely thought she was on a hiatus. What did she do? I don't recall she was ever provocative or ill-behaved. Then again, seeing as this went completely under my radar I cannot help feeling terribly out of the loop, even though I visit this site almost daily!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Message boards are just much less popular than before, with the grand gentrification of the internet. When people want to talk and connect about shows, movies, games etc now, they tend to go to Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit instead of finding a forum. I'm not a big fan of that personally- social media definitely has its uses, but I feel like most of these are less conductive towards discussion than a forum. Aside from Reddit, which is meh.

I also think that the site turning from Ultimate Disney to DVDizzy didn't help things, but if Luke's reviews keep the site afloat, it is what it is. I do wish that he and others still posted comprehensive Disney DVD/Blu reviews and user-made lists, but that level of connection feels like a thing of the past.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It's too bad the forum couldn't have Disney in its name somehow even if the main site remains DVDizzy. Maybe the form could be "DVDizzy.com, Formerly Known as Ultimate Disney." Just having that "Disney" show up in its name on search engines might direct more Disney fan traffic this way, which would then lead them to the main site as well, so win-win? :shrug:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Re: Your Disney Story (Introductions Thread)

The forum still acting a little odd. The past month's posts just disappeared, but maybe they'll reappear in a little bit. :P
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

Hello all :)
I'm a guy from Denmark, 38 years old and I LOVE the animated Disney Classics. My favorites are The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp & Treasure Planet. That would be my Top 5 of the animated classics.
Way back, when I was growing up, my dad used to have all of these VHS's and they used to be numbered, and number 105 was my all-time favorite. That was The Little Mermaid. I don't know if that was the first Disney movie I saw, but I remember it was the one that stuck something in me and I still ADORE this movie to this day! I remember being absolutly enchancted with the animation, the story, the songs and the characters. I remember seeing it and after Ariel had rescued Prince Eric after the storm, we had to turn off the movie and get something to eat and I was in such a hurry, I just wanted to return to this magical, animated world. I was blown away! After that, I got interested in other animated Disney classics. I used to get pocket money and I always spent them on Disney stuff. The weekly Donald Duck magazine, small Disney character figurines and books. To this day, Disney is still a BIG part of my life. I have even made a Fanclub on Fanpop, called Walt Disney Characters, where I upload thousand of screencaps, makes polls about Disney Characters, (I used to run a monthly Disney Character of the Month, I have to get back to that) writes articles, there's even a forum where I'm posting comparinson screencaps from the 8 different The Little Mermaid releases over the years (From VHS to LaserDisc, DVD to Blu-Ray). So yeah, Disney is still a BIG part of my life! I'm glad to being able to intorduce myself to other Disney fans around the world. :)
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Disney's Divinity

Welcome to the forum, VanessaFan! Always nice to see another TLM fan on the board. :D
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:05 pm Welcome to the forum, VanessaFan! Always nice to see another TLM fan on the board. :D
Thank you so much. :D
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

I've been on here for a while but I guess I probably never really introduced myself... So let's change that! :D

I'm Matthias, born between Aladdin and The Lion King :D and I'm from Germany. My favorite childhood movies were The Little Mermaid, Tarzan and Hercules. Hercules is still my all-time favorite movie. I simply adore all the characters (ironically Hercules himself is the most uninteresting main character for me in this movie haha): Meg for being well Meg. Hades for being the best Villain ever. The Muses for their music, style and attitude. There's just so much to love.

However, in the beginning of my "online life" I was a massive Disney Channel fan. Kim Possible was my #1 show. I was also an extreme fan of American Dragon: Jake Long, really enjoyed The Suite Life and so on. I was literally breathing everything in and I still enjoy those shows and movies now.

Starting with that I founded a Germany Disney fan community which is nowadays called www.DisneyCentral.de. In the recent years I got to grow the site more and more and get to cooperate with Disney on a regular basis now in the form of attending press previews of new movies and shows in advance or interviewing film makers, actors, etc. Some highlights for me personally were meeting Alan Menken at a red carpet event, getting to hear Eric Goldberg talk about his wonderful work and then more recently interviewing 2 Ms. Marvel actors and just a bit ago the film makers of Strange World.

In my well "offlife" Disney life, I went to a Disney Park for the first time ever in 2015 which was Disneyland Paris. I fell in love and a year later (on the day!) I became a Cast Member in Walt Disney World. Since then, I went back to DLP and worked there until Covid hit. Now, I am currently studying Media in California and live basically next to Disneyland. And oh yeah, I've been to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo as well. So I'm a proud member of the "I've been to all the Disney Parks in the world" club. However, Aulani and Disney Cruises are still on my list :lol:

I guess that's my Disney me in short form. :wave:

PS: Feel free to hit me up to go to Disneyland or something. I'd love to make some new friends here :D
Image Image Image Image Image
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

You are living my dream life! :herc: So cool that you have been to all the parks!!!!! And the press you're doing is super neat!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Wow, talk about living your best life! It's so cool that you've been able to go to all the parks and met and listened to so many cool people.

Also, I've always appreciated your avatar of Jake and Rose. :up:
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Avaitor wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:26 pm Wow, talk about living your best life! It's so cool that you've been able to go to all the parks and met and listened to so many cool people.

Also, I've always appreciated your avatar of Jake and Rose. :up:
Haha yeah, Jake n Rose are just classic. I should really do a rewatch of American Dragon soon! <3
Image Image Image Image Image
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Welcome to the forum, VanessaFan and Jager-Rose! Nice to have you here!
Woodrow Pride
Limited Issue

Post by Woodrow Pride »

Good day, mates. I’ve already posted here a bit, so I thought I’d introduce myself.

I’ve been reading this forum for over 6 years now, but I never really thought about joining it. When Toy Story 5 was announced, I knew I just had to join. As you can probably tell, I’m a huge Toy Story and Pixar fan, which is really where all my knowledge comes from (I can name every director of every Pixar movie and a billion useless facts about them and their movies :lol: ). It’s a shame to say this, but I don’t really know much about any Disney films before the 1990s. Okay, this is going to blow somebody’s mind (Disney’s Divinity), but I actually haven’t seen The Little Mermaid. I know! When it came out, I was like, “Okay, that’s nice,” and I never saw it. And the years just flew by. But don’t worry, I’ll fix that one of these days.

Anyway, back in 1995 when Toy Story came out, I saw it and immediately was blown away. I knew what I wanted to do with my life: CGI animation. I set out on my journey to become an animator, which has been so hard but so fun. It makes every movie that much more meaningful to know every single detail about exactly how it’s made. And I should know; I’ve made a few.

I’ve also been studying Pixar and the history of CGI for the past 20 years and have read multiple books, of which I recommend, The Pixar Touch, To Pixar and Beyond: My Unlikely Journey with Steve Jobs to Make Entertainment History, and To Infinity and Beyond the Story of Pixar Animation Studios. Those are the big three.

So, as you can probably tell, I’m a huge technical nerd, and you would be right if you guessed that I read all the research papers that WDAS and Pixar release. I can’t help it. :P

Other than that, I haven’t done anything cool except go to a seminar that had Ed Catmull (co-founder of Pixar) as the main speaker.

Besides Toy Story, I think my second favorite franchise would be Frozen, because who doesn’t like Frozen? (Frozen haters, don’t answer that). You can probably imagine how I felt when Bob Iger announced Frozen III and Toy Story 5. :lol:

Anyway, I just love this forum. You all are so nice! Especially old-timers like Disney’s Divinity, Disney Duster, Jules, Sotiris, singerguy04, blackcauldron85–you guys are like my heroes. I’m so glad to finally be here to learn more about Disney and to contribute all I can!
"You're my favorite deputy!"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Aww, I'm glad you're here, Woodrow!!! I'm looking forward to TS5 & F3 as well. That's super cool that you're an animator!! I love learning about the films' productions (WDAS and Pixar), but I understand hand-drawn animation more so maybe you'll be able to teach me a thing or two!
Disney's Divinity

Nice to meet you! :)
Woodrow Pride
Limited Issue

Post by Woodrow Pride »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 pm Nice to meet you! :)
Thanks!
blackcauldron85 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:45 pm Aww, I'm glad you're here, Woodrow!!! I'm looking forward to TS5 & F3 as well. That's super cool that you're an animator!! I love learning about the films' productions (WDAS and Pixar), but I understand hand-drawn animation more so maybe you'll be able to teach me a thing or two!
Thanks blackcauldron85!! Well, I did animation as a career for a few years, but ends didn't meet so I had to get a "real" job :lol:. But being an animator is never something you can stop being; I still do stuff in my free time. I look forward to my time with all of you!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

This is way too late but welcome Woodrow Pride! Glad you are here! It is amazing to have a CGI animator here! I am sorry making it your job didn't work out, but I hope you still animate, if you want to, that is!
Woodrow Pride
Limited Issue

Post by Woodrow Pride »

Nah, you’re fine! I still feel relatively new here, so it’s okay. :P

Thanks so much! I do still animate; I actually just finished a two-second dialogue shot last week (which I was working on for three months). Something about animation just captivates me, making movement interesting and twisting reality into something new. I just can’t get enough of it!

Lately I’ve been trying to get more into hand drawn animation with old-school sticky note animations, but I just find it so incredibly hard to convey any sense of depth whatsoever without giving both the viewer and myself a headache. :lol: Not to mention the fact that I have to do all the in-betweens by myself. But then again, at least it gives me a greater sense of respect for Walt’s work, right? :P

Ha, once you get me going it’s very hard to stop. :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Woodrow Pride, that is all so cool! I've done some 2D animating myself, but my current computer doesn't have any such programs. Oh well, I am glad you have never stopped doing animation! I think we'd all love to see any work you've done, if we could! ;)
HopeBelle2022

Post by HopeBelle2022 »

Hello everyone! :wave:

I’ve been lurking here for quite a while and finally decided to join. I’m really excited to join in all of the Disney discussions! Everyone seems really nice!
I love collecting Disney Movies!
I love Disney Channel!
I am a huge fan of Disney Afternoon cartoons and modern Disney cartoons!!
Top favorites: The Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and the Beast, Descendants movies :D