NYE in the Magic Kingdom

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

NYE in the Magic Kingdom

Post by singerguy04 »

This year, I'm traveling to WDW for the New Year's Eve weekend and will be spending the NYE day in The Magic Kingdom. I know they do a select few special things like a count down on the castle to midnight, but I was curious if anyone here had insight into anything else I should expect? Some friends of mine went last year, and had a blast but maybe this year will be even more special given that things have opened even more this past year. I've never seen the parks around Christmas time in person, so I'm also hoping to see some of the decorations before they're removed. I'll try to post some pictures when we get back too!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Re: NYE in the Magic Kingdom

Post by singerguy04 »

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRstHgoX/

Sorry this took so long to post! Other than the park just being open later, there were a couple of special moments.

They had a few DJ’s pumping music. One was set up in Frontierland. I’m not sure when exactly they started playing, but it had to be around 8pm. I also didn’t see when they ended, but it was a ton of fun! Closer to midnight there was another 2 entertainers that engaged the crowd waiting for midnight in front of the castle. They played for about an hour and it was… interesting hearing modern pop music with lasers in front of the castle. After a special firework show we got the above video! Enjoy!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: NYE in the Magic Kingdom

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That was magical!! No one does fireworks like Disney!