My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote::banana: :banana: Great job on the grades! When will you find out if Skitty can come back with you? Hopefully before you have to go back in person. NOOOOOOO, I'm so sorry you had another accident- that sucks. Are you feeling okay physically from it? I'm glad your glasses are helping you see better- super important!!

I'm glad you're seeing the ENT doctor ASAP- that is super scary, Michael- I'm so sorry. :( Hopefully it's not severe enough so you can hold off on surgery. If it is something you need surgery for ASAP, what'll you do? You'll be in my thoughts for sure. <3

Good luck on your upcoming classes!!
If I do not attend this semester, I would have to re-apply to come back to college. It would be a reboot more or less. That's why it needs to wait. If it's a short recovery time, get it done while things are virtual. I can stay home, look like death hung over on zoom but stay here. Mentally, I cannot miss this semester.
That's the scary part to me.

Was I hurt physically? Seat belt strap made a bit of a mark on me, but nothing serious physically. Mentally....though. However I reigned it in in order to do better academically this semester. I needed to leave my emotions at the front door of entering a classroom or doing homework. I also have a disability busing service. That helped me get my meds from Walgreens much easier. A bus before would just drop me off and I would have to walk about .5 miles to and from. So, this was a good thing to have. What I love about it is that the disability busing will pick me up from my apartment. No huge hikes etc. The car will help in many areas, but to get to doctor and meds, I'll use this. Possibly even when days on the forecast are icey to bring me to campus.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I hope that the busing helps your mental state. Although it's understandable, I'm sorry that the accident is causing your mental health to not be as good. My fingers are crossed that your surgery can be delayed, and that classes will go well for you.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Congratulations on your scores, Michael

I hope your surgery can be put off
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Wow. I cannot believe that it has been nearly a year since I posted here. Life has just been chaotic, busy, and rewarding.
I was in another car wreck back in January. The car wasn't totaled, I got the ticket, but I knew I was in the right. I put my pride aside and just paid for it. The semester in the spring went well. I had sinus surgery over the summer, and my face is like a deflated balloon. There were sinus polyps in every single sinus tract.

This semester back in August was in another wreck, and the car is toast. I've mastered the bus system, but it's mentally rough to deal with, but I'm focusing on what I can control, which is my homework. Though, my roommates.... let's just say I feel like The Skipper or the professor from Gilligan's Island.
I may have to have sinus surgery again because some polyps are returning, but I'll find more information when I see the ENT doctor over Thanksgiving break.

I'm also on track to have Carpal Tunnel Surgery on my other hand during the week of final exams. Luckily, I can get them done before the surgery.

I am on the radio this semester, 3 to 5 every Friday and Saturday on WZND's website. The music is odd. Though there are songs from Disney films, such as You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins, can you feel the love tonight and someday out of the blue (The road to El Dorado.) by Elton John.

I almost took a medical leave, but I got to talk to a counselor I had at ISU for an hour for the first time in a while. He was the psych therapist on call for walk-in visits for crisis stress. I promise I won't wait a year until I post the next update on my life and what's going on. This was just a quick post to say I'm still here. Now, it's bed time.

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Michael!!! You weren't injured in the wrecks, were you? I'm so sorry you had two of them- that's awful. :(. I'm glad that you have the busses, but I hope you can get another car eventually. So many surgeries -- I wish you luck with your upcoming ones! Radio life still treating you well? I'm curious about the odd music your station plays!

Thanks for the update, stay safe, and good luck on your exams!!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

My abnormal life: Disneyland Paris and I graduated. car continues headache...

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I have to think of what happened. No, I was fine, thankfully. I bought a car with my student loan money in January; however, a few weeks ago, a car hit the car I bought. We have liable insurance, and my insurance has found the other party liable. This happened about three weeks ago.

It has kind of been a weird process. I had to make a statement to the other insurance company, but the phone just kept ringing for about an hour. I chose the option to press 1 for a callback. Never happened. Finally, two weeks after the wreck, we got in contact with the insurance company, though they hadn't heard from the other driver. ' Apparently, the other driver called my insurance office four times with four different phone numbers. This is becoming quite a

Talk about a circus. I was able to drive the car home. I had to go to Autozone and buy a saw to cut off the part of the bumper that was hanging too low to continue driving home otherwise. It has power steering issues. I did buy new tires, a new alternator, and a new battery. That should help, and my insurance thinks I have a huge case in my favor. The other driver has some insurance, like 22, which means you don't have a great driving record, such as a DUI or driving without insurance.

I may not even have to make a statement because their insurance will evaluate the police report.
The status of my car and whether it can be fixed depend on their insurance agent. So it's up in the air. At least I'm home, and even better, I graduated with my bachelor's degree in radio. I also won two other awards last semester at the university I attended.

I have not searched for a job or gone for an interview because, as you might remember, in 2019, I had a Go Fund Me page for me to attend a study abroad trip to London and Paris. Well, three years later, and it's happening. This is open to members of the community, so that's why I get to go. This is with my community college, where basically everyone knew me, having been there for about six years. I figured it would be best to wait until afterwards to try to do some networking with mentors I have had until after I get back.

However, I also need reliable transportation. Still, that will work out. At least there is the family car I can drive, which has helped me a lot because I am able to go places and see a movie in theaters, etc. Very much unlike the situation I had at college. I guess that's another good thing. I don't have to worry about getting back to class on time without a car, etc.

Oh, if you see me on Facebook or want to add me as a friend on Facebook or Instagram, just let me know. You'll see pictures of me and videos I made that feature me graduating. I also had the chance to meet Jane Lynch. She came to my acting class because she majored at the university I attended. So, she's an alumni who comes back to ISU to help students pursuing a degree in acting or just taking an acting class. She saw me act and said I was really good, and she told me if I'm interested in voice acting, I should make a demo at some point.

I know voice actors struggle for jobs, as Jane Lynch did explain the problem with celebrities being cast for parts. However, Casey Kasem, the voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo, was a successful radio broadcaster and voice actor. Being a voice actor is my dream job. So, I'm glad I took the acting class I was in.

So, I have been preparing things for my study abroad for the past few weeks. Making sure the medication I take is documented and accompanies a letter from my doctor explaining the significance of how it helps me function I guess one of my medications is banned in the UK, but that's why we have a letter from my doctor.

I have not searched for a job or gone for an interview because, as you might remember, in 2019, I had a Go Fund Me page for me to attend a study abroad trip to London and Paris. Well, three years later, and it's happening. This is open to members of the community, so that's why I get to go. This is with my community college, where basically everyone knew me, having been there for about six years. I figured it would be best to wait until afterwards to try to do some networking with mentors I have had until after I get back. The last day in France, I will be attending Disneyland Paris. My parents told me try not to bring back the entire theme park back home.

However, I also need reliable transportation. Still, that will work out. At least there is the family car I can drive, which has helped me a lot because I am able to go places and see a movie in theaters, etc. Very much unlike the situation I had at college. I guess that's another good thing. I don't have to worry about getting back to class on time without a car, etc. That can be dealt with upon my return, or maybe beforehand. No big deal for now at least.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Let us know how your insurance and car getting fixed goes! And congratulations on graduating and Jane Lynch seeing your acting and telling you how good you are and other advice! And, on going to...both London and Paris?!

You have to tell us all about that trip! And can you PM me your Facebook so I can friend you?