Sailor Moon Returns!

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Sailor Moon Returns!

Post by Disney Duster »

Nuts. I mean, I'm happy for you, Divinity, but I am mad I could have saved money just getting these sets (they're cheaper than the Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, right?) and got better video quality, too.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Why Did Toei Animation Pull Licensing Rights to Sailor Moon Worldwide?
https://gamerant.com/why-did-toei-anima ... worldwide/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for the article Amy! It's so cool to know all that stuff now!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

New trailer for Sailor Moon Cosmos:
Click here for the trailer.

It's beautiful. And we have news Part 1 is coming to Japan on June 9th, while Part 2 is coming there June 30th. No news of an international release yet.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm posting this rather late, but another trailer has appeared, featuring a lot of Galaxia and some beautiful animation.

A poster has also appeared:
blackcauldron85

Pluto TV is Adding The Rocky Collection, Sailor Moon, Star Trek Voyager, & More in March https://cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-is ... -in-march/
Sailor Moon: The Moon channel will provide viewers access to hundreds of hours and episodes of their favorite anime content, including all 200 episodes of The Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon, all episodes of The Pretty Guardians Sailor Moon Crystal, and more.
MaQu

Post by MaQu »

I can’t believe Sailor Moon Crystal is already coming to an end. I remember when they finished the Black Moon arc and it was unknown would the series continue. I really hoped for a next season, since it would feature all the Guardians, yet I never thought they would cover the complete manga. Was the series actually successful? I wonder if we could get more movies or episodes, perhaps adapting some of the short stories or “Codename: Sailor V”.
I still have yet to see the Eternal movies. I’m a little worried about limited length, did they cut a lot of the Dream arc of the manga for the adaptation?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

A new trailer for the movies: Sailor Moon Cosmos Trailer

The animation sometimes looks great, but other times looks really crappy. I heard it was not the same team that worked on Eternal who worked on these last films, but I feel the Eternal films looked a little better than what we are getting for Cosmos. Sigh.

MaQu, most of the Dream Arc fit into Eternal. I had never read the Dream Arc when I watched it, but I eventually read the whole manga series after I saw those films, and I only remember little things like maybe an interaction between Usagi and co. with sick Mamoru or the whole gang checking out the Dead Moon Circus an extra time, but I can't even remember what the specific moments were that were cut out so I'd say the Eternal films did a really good job of retaining what mattered.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I watched some of the early episodes of the first season of the VIZ dub Blu-ray I got a little while back, and the only voice actor that really took me out was Luna's. I guess because she sounded just like the rest of the girls. I remember reading some people didn't like the original dub giving her a British voice, but in a way, I think that helped distinguish her as older than the scouts and helped bring that mentor-esque part of the character more.

It does look great on Blu-ray. I'll watch the full VIZ dub once they've re-released all five seasons; I want to watch it all in one go rather than in spurts six months apart. And that will be the first time I'll see the final Stars season since the original dub didn't cover Stars, unfortunately. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Luna's original dub voice sounded a bit too old, older than the original Japanese voice. It didn't match her human form (which she gets in the S movie).

I think it is a great idea to watch the whole series in one go. That's what I did with the original Blu-ray/DVD combo release, and it was a great time. And I finally got to see Stars! Aside from the last two episodes I watched illegally in high school in Japanese lol. The last few episodes almost made me cry seeing them in the VIZ dub.
blackcauldron85

Sailor Moon Limited-Edition Box Sets Are Over 50% Off For Black Friday
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sailo ... 0-6519293/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, I had got Sailor Moon's 3rd season, since the 4th was announced to be coming in January. Hopefully that means the last will be somewhere around June. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"