Diary of a Future President

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Diary of a Future President

Post by Sotiris »

Another TV series for Disney+.
So [Gina] Rodriguez is concentrating on using her platform to create change. Her production company just sold a series to Disney’s new streaming service about a Latina girl who will grow up to be President. After all, it’s children, she argues, who are most affected by the lack of diversity onscreen.
Source: http://time.com/5505437/gina-rodriguez-directing/
Recently, her I Can and I Will production company “just sold a dope show” called “Diary of a Female President” to Disney’s planned streaming service “It’s about a young Latina girl in middle school, and you flash-forward to the future and she’s the president of the United States,” she says.
Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/ ... 598951002/
Julie Ashton is casting the new Disney+ series Diary of a Female President. Follows the life of a middle school student who will eventually become the leader of the free world.
Source: https://twitter.com/CastingAbout/status ... 4403169280
CBS and Gina Rodriguez’s production company I Can and I Will Productions are developing a series that will be joining one of the many exclusive shows coming to the Disney streaming service, Disney+. Written by Robin Shorr and Ilana Peña (The Middle, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) the show will be called Diary of a Female President, focusing on the middle school years of a young Latina girl who will eventually become president. Diary of a Female President’s writers will also be producing the series with Gina Rodriguez and development executive of the production company, Emily Gipson.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2019/01/28/di ... nt-disney/
Disney+, the forthcoming SVOD platform, is adding to its scripted offerings, handing out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for half-hour comedy Diary of a Female President. Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez will executive produce. Told from the narration of her diary, the series follows a Cuban-American 12-year-old girl as she navigates the ups and downs of middle school and her journey to becoming the future president of the United States. Ilana Peña (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) created the original concept and will serve as writer and executive producer. Robin Shorr (The Carmichael Show) will serve as showrunner and exec produce alongside Rodriguez and her CBS TV Studios-based I Can and I Will banner topper Emily Gipson.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ey-1181626
We at GWW have heard ‘Diary of a Female President,’ the upcoming 10-episode Disney+ series, will begin filming this June and wrap this September in Los Angeles, California. Additionally, while it was previously reported the show will star Gina Rodriguez (‘Jane the Virgin,’ ‘Carmen Sandiego’), we can reveal she will also be a director on the series. However, it is unknown how many episodes Rodriguez will direct. While there is no premiere date as of now, the show will most likely release in 2020. Disney+ will launch at the end of this year.
Source: https://thegww.com/exclusive-disney-ser ... ll-direct/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Diary of a Female President

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

TVSeriesFinale.com is reporting that in addition to her production company, I Can and I Will Productions, producing the show and her directing the premiere episode, Gina Rodriguez will also act on Diary of a Female President as the adult version of Elena, the show's main character.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Why the CBS-Produced Gina Rodriguez POTUS Series ‘Diary of a Female President’ Landed at Disney+ Instead of The CW
https://www.thewrap.com/gina-rodriguez- ... id-nevins/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Diary of a Future President

YouTube channel What's On Disney Plus is reporting that "Diary of a Future President" will debut on January 17th, with new episodes (10 in total for the first season) being released each Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-dIVARaVTI
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

TBH since this seems geared to kids I doubt I’ll ever watch it but I’m so happy Selenis Leyva is getting more work post OINTB. Gloria was always a favorite of mine, and Leyva looks fantastic in the clips I’ve seen.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Renewal Confirmed!

Variety.com is reporting that Disney+ has renewed "Diary of a Future President" for a second 10-episode season. No exact premiere date is currently available.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I love that we have kids show about a latino female President in the age of Trump !!! rotfl rotfl
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yes, it feels very tragic. :( But hopefully Kamala Harris will be the first female president in 2024 after Biden decides not to run for re-election. Cheers to that.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Did anyone else watch Season 1? I'm a year and a half late, but I just finished it. It was SO GOOD.
UmbrellaFish wrote:TBH since this seems geared to kids
DisneyFan97 wrote:I love that we have kids show
It had some language in it - you could tell that it wasn't a "Disney" show due to that. But it was like some of the best Disney Channel shows, in that it dealt not only with the kids' issues but also of the adults. So I'd call it a family show, not even a kids' show.

I really loved all the characters in this. Elena is NOT a perfect protagonist, and she was refreshing because of it. Her friendships were believable. And her brother, Bobby, dealing with friendships was believable, and him dealing with his sexuality was something that I am glad is on Disney+. Gabi, the mom, and her friend/coworker Cami, and Gabi's coworker/boyfriend Sam were great as well, and I really felt for Gabi, and she learned how to move onto a new relationship, and Cami not telling her parents about her live-in girlfriend. And Sam is THE BEST. I can't wait for Season Two and I hope that Elena gets to share that beverage with Joey, and that Elena, Sasha, and Jessie remain friends, and that Bobby can maybe tell Liam how he feels, and Sam and Gabi can make their relationship last, and that Cami can tell her parents about her girlfriend. I am so invested. SUCH A GOOD SHOW!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

That sounds very interesting! I may have to give it a shot now…
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I thought the show was excellent, too. Even though it's not technically a Disney show, it did feel like the kind of series that would have aired alongside "Lizzie McGuire", "Even Stevens" and "The Famous Jett Jackson" back in the day (albeit tackling a few themes that probably wouldn't have been allowed on children's television in the early 2000s). I liked that it was just about this girl facing her problems and wasn't too overly cliche. Her being the future president was a nice bookend, but the show was also smart to not have a bunch of wink-wink jokes to the camera about her later becoming Commander-in-Chief.

I'm looking forward to Season 2, whenever that ends up premiering.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
blackcauldron85

Yes, I agree that it had it's "Lizzie"-like moments and themes for sure...besides some topics, the minor use of language (like "@$$") made it stand out from the other Disney-made shows.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

The "President" has been cancelled.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/diary- ... 235132388/

It should be noted that as "Diary of a Future President" is owned by CBS Studios (not Disney), it could wind up on Paramount+.
blackcauldron85

:( :( :( Noooooo. I love this show. Did it not get enough views?