Ugly Betty

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I liked how it tied up most of the loose ends from the four seasons, and it would have been a perfect close to a generally likeable show that I should've watched more often...

until they had that damn Macy Gray song at the end.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Escapay wrote:until they had that damn Macy Gray song at the end.
I was confused when that started playing, too. I mean, it kind of fit. But Macy Gray? The last thing we hear? :?

Anyway, I was disappointed in the finale. The past 4 or 5 episodes have been brilliant, but this was all fanfare with no substance. It got so bland that I only cried 2 or 3 times (when Marc and Betty were dancing and he propped his head on top of hers; when Betty was riding away; and when the "Ugly" disappeared at the end). And a finale for a show I like this much should have me in tears all 42 minutes. But, to be fair, a lot of series finales are like this (unfortunately).

I'm just so depressed that there'll never be another episode of this show. :( I miss it already. (And Grey's Anatomy is still on? wtf Someone kill that thing already)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Escapay wrote:until they had that damn Macy Gray song at the end.
I was confused when that started playing, too. I mean, it kind of fit. But Macy Gray? The last thing we hear? :?
I KNOW!

I mean, the song lyrics by themselves were harmless. But to have it be sung by Macy Gray...ugh.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MutantEnemy
Special Edition

Post by MutantEnemy »

Amanda will always be my favorite!!!

"Look out, skinny bitches! I don't care who sits in here, this big orange donut will always be mine!"

AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

MutantEnemy wrote:Amanda will always be my favorite!!!

"Look out, skinny bitches! I don't care who sits in here, this big orange donut will always be mine!"

Amanda was the funniest character on Ugly Betty.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I'm going to miss this show so much! :-(
Phil Johnson

Post by Phil Johnson »

I watched it with my girlfriend. She's the big fan and I watch about every 5th episode. :)

It was good, but definitely a little touchy-feely for my taste. Which is what I expected. But it tied up the plot points nicely.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Ugly Betty: The Complete and Final Season is coming to DVD on August 17, 2010.

Here's the artwork:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ugly-B ... -Art/13715
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Disney's Divinity

Re:

I finally got the fourth season on DVD this year (thus completing my series collection). I’ve re-watched the series several times, and I have to say I think I love it more these days than when it was airing. The 3rd/4th seasons are so different visually from the first two years—for the better, imo. And I enjoyed more of the storylines in the last two seasons—more about writing/career issues rather than romance drama and crazy Wilhelmina machinations. Although I was surprised we never saw Salma Hayek's character on the show again. I think my only real disappointment with the ending was that they didn't bring Cliff back. My favorite ships: Marc/Cliff, Betty/Gio, Hilda/Bobby, Daniel/Amanda. I liked Wilhelmina/Conner, but also kind of like the idea of Wilhelmina/Mrs. Meade. :P

This is one of those shows where I uncharacteristically love nearly every character. Daniel is probably the weakest of the main cast, but even he doesn’t bother me too much. What with Will & Grace and Roseanne both getting mini-comebacks, I wish this show would get a revival, a movie, something.
Disney's Divinity wrote: (And Grey's Anatomy is still on? wtf Someone kill that thing already)
And 7 years later, it's still going. :lol:
Disney's Divinity

Re: Ugly Betty: Season Finale

The creator of Ugly Betty, Silvio Horta, passed away today from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. :( From what I read, he had another series he was working on with Mary J. Blige. I wonder what was going on that would've put him over the edge.

A few months ago, I watched the series again--it never tires or ages for me--and couldn't help thinking and hoping this show or Desperate Housewives might possibly see revivals at some point like how they've done with Will & Grace and Roseanne (of course seeing how the latter imploded quickly, I wish that one hadn't happened, but still....). I remember watching one of the bonus features where Horta said Wilhelmina was inspired by the great Disney villainesses, and it made me look up what he looked like in the present and what else he might've done since UB. I was struck then that he hadn't really done anything--I wondered if that was by choice or if he couldn't get anything going post-UB? I still remember how ABC pretty much sabotaged and killed off Ugly Betty itself... I wonder if lack of work might've been part of this? :(

Rest in peace, and prayers to his loved ones. I know whenever I watc the show now, it's going to bring with it a touch of sadness, too.
Sotiris

Re: Ugly Betty

Post by Sotiris »

Vanessa Williams explains why an Ugly Betty reboot isn't likely 'at the moment'
https://ew.com/tv/vanessa-williams-ugly ... happening/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Re: Ugly Betty

I've hoped for a revival for years, even if it was only for one season or a movie. Anything really. But after Horta passed away, I felt like the hope of that happening was gone. :( I'd still be here if it miraculously happened, I just expect its chances are incredibly slim now.

I don't think I'd be interested in a re-make with new actors. The actors made those characters what they are.