The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Disney Duster »

D82 wrote:I imagined that would be your favorite. My personal one from him is the score for The Little Mermaid, but Beauty and the Beast's is also one of my favorites and may be his best work. Hunchback's score is also excellent and I like it very much, but it's not one of my top favorites, maybe because I'm not that fond of the style of church music it's inspired by.
Well aren't you clever! The Little Mermaid'a must be my third favorite. And I am a fan of old church music so that makes sense regarding me and Hunchback.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

D82 wrote:It's true, and I like the pose chosen for the cover.
Me too. It reminds me of the pose from Out There.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D82 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Yes! My favorite is Beauty and the Beast's! However, it constantly switches between that and Hunchback's. Hunchback's used to be my undeniable favorite.
I imagined that would be your favorite. My personal one from him is the score for The Little Mermaid, but Beauty and the Beast's is also one of my favorites and may be his best work. Hunchback's score is also excellent and I like it very much, but it's not one of my top favorites, maybe because I'm not that fond of the style of church music it's inspired by.
I remember at one point you said that Pocahontas and Hunchback are not among your favorite films, do you still like the soundtrack themselves despite the films? Are you planning to buy Hunchback's Legacy Collection soundtrack? And did you buy Pocahontas'?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, but Hunchack is one of my favorite films! It may not make the top 10, but surely the top 15! Pocahontas will never be one of my favorite films. Never been into Native American stuff. But its soundtrack and animation is rather amazing, I must admit. I don't plan on getting Hunchback's Legacy Collection soundtrack or Pocahontas's, though. These days I am reserving my money for stuff I am extremely into. But those soundtracks are amazing, and I own Hunchback on Blu-ray.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder when (or if?) it'll show up on Amazon?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Hunchback Legacy Collection is on Spotify!
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

A bit disappointed this doesn't include Eternal's version of "Someday", which was used in the end credits of the UK release.
But of course still great to have this set, hopefully more are on the way! :up:
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Hunchback Legacy Collection is on Spotify!
I was so excited about this!! :) Listening on repeat :lol:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disappointing that the reprise of Heaven's Light (when Esmeralda and Phoebus kiss in front of Quasimodo) is not featured in this album.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

On Spotify, the “And He Shall Smite the Wicked” track is not complete :?
Last edited by Vlad on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:On Spotify, the “And He Shall Smite the Wicked” track is not complete 8)
You're right. It seems like they made a mistake and instead of putting Sanctuary at Sanctuary!, They put it at the beginning of He Shall Smite the Wicked and accidentally cut the end.

They also have a mistake with Topsy Turvy and put the soundtrack version instead of the film version.

I hope the disc is not like that.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Not the first time there have been omissions or mistakes. I'm just grateful we've got what we have here at all! :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

All the omissions and mistakes are pretty disappointing. :( Sure, it's better than nothing, but it would have been so easy for them to give us a flawless product. I don't get why they are unable or unwilling to do something so seemingly simple.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Yeah, I hope the disc will have the complete score
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Whoa, I`m surprised that it was released on Spotify so soon! But I`m still very pleased with the release. It includes most of the full scores, despite that I`m sullen about the loss of the stunning, but underrated Heavens Light-reprise (which always has been a criminally underrated song that always have been dismissed at the expense of Hellfire). But otherwise I`m pleased. I`m surprised that it haven`t been available on Amazon.com
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

My favorite track on the soundtrack has to be Humiliation, that cue that plays after Quasimodo says to Frollo he will never disobey him again, and then he walks back inside the Cathedral. That music is so beautiful...and to hear it in such good quality, it gave me goosebumps.
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Not the first time there have been omissions or mistakes. I'm just grateful we've got what we have here at all! :)
Agreed! There's so much score we have never been able to properly hear before :) It was hiding beneath the dialogue and sound effects
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

farerb wrote:
Sicoe Vlad wrote:On Spotify, the “And He Shall Smite the Wicked” track is not complete 8)
You're right. It seems like they made a mistake and instead of putting Sanctuary at Sanctuary!, They put it at the beginning of He Shall Smite the Wicked and accidentally cut the end.

They also have a mistake with Topsy Turvy and put the soundtrack version instead of the film version.

I hope the disc is not like that.
I bought it via iTunes and listened to the “AHSSTW” track after a friend told me they cut the best part and I felt so upset! Disney, please rectify these mistakes! :(
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I tweeted Alan Menken, other than that not sure where I can contact Disney formally.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

farerb wrote:I tweeted Alan Menken, other than that not sure where I can contact Disney formally.
A friend mentioned contacting the Disney Music Twitter (that’s @DisneyMusic) about the ordeal.