Star Wars: Detours

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Star Wars: Detours

Post by Sotiris »

Lucasfilm Renews Trademarks for Abandoned 'Star Wars Detours' Series
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/06/ ... lucasfilm/

Could the Abandoned ‘Star Wars Detours’ Animated Series Finally Be Getting Released?
https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-detours-release/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Re: Star Wars: Detours

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I've been waiting years in hopes this would finally get released!! It totally makes sense to include it in the streaming service.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: I was thinking about your show Star Wars: Detours. Has there been any talk about bringing that to the streaming service Disney+?

Seth Green: There hasn't been any official talk, but that has seemed to be a really organic path for it. When we were making the show originally, there wasn't a plan for distribution. George [Lucas] wanted to make this show, and his thoughts seem to be that he would manufacture it under his own conditions and then license it to another platform. And then we stopped down our production when the company got sold to Disney, and they announced that they were going to focus on expanding the perpetual existence of Star Wars as a global IP.

We had networks that wanted to put the show on for the next three years leading up to Episode VII coming out. And the conversation that we had with Lucasfilm was: If these next three years are spent programming a sort of deconstructive comedy inside the Star Wars universe to young kids, that's going to be their first brush with Star Wars. And that'll be misinformative for receiving something like Episode VII, or the ongoing future plans for Star Wars, where the specter of Darth Vader is supposed to loom large like the fall of Stalin. And if you spent these three years watching our comedy — essentially a Simpsons in the Star Wars universe — you would see the dynamic between Darth Vader and the Emperor as more of a Michael Scott and a beleaguered Rupert Murdoch. So because I'd had this experience of people saying that they had shown their kids Robot Chicken or Family Guy episodes before they showed them actual Star Wars, I really understood the idea of distorting your kids’ ability to perceive these icons in the same way that I had. And so it made a lot of sense, honestly, to delay the release of the show until this push had been completed.

But now that we're at a place where Episode IX is coming out, and where there is a massive global platform that demands a volume of content, I think it's reasonable to think that we’d get to see Detours at some point. Again, we haven't had any kind of official conversations about it. But I'll say again, I love the show. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had, and the team of awesome people that we assembled both on the writing and production side, but also on the voiceover side, it’s insane. So really, I do hope we get to share it with audiences at some point.
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cha ... 44930.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Star Wars: Detours’: Animated Series Finally Set to Release on Disney+ After 9-Year Purgatory
https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/exclu ... s-release/
blackcauldron85

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Brendan Hay, who was the head writer on Detours, says it's not true.
Brendan Hay
@B_Hay
·
19h
Remember: before getting excited about any genre entertainment rumor, check the news source. If every article is only citing, say, The Tribble Tribune, maybe it's not true.

MoviesPlease
@moviespleaseyt
·
13h
Are you talking about Star Wars Detours? Cause if so, dang. Was literally minutes away from recording a video about the news.

Brendan Hay
@B_Hay
·
13h
Yeah, I'd hold off on the celebration, sadly.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
blackcauldron85

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The unreleased Star Wars series that Disney doesn't want you to see
https://ew.com/tv/star-wars-detours-dis ... eth-green/