The Legacy Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Legacy Collection

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow, thanks farerb! They are all great. I think Aladdin's, The Lion King's, and Cinderella's look the best. The Beauty and the Beast one I am surprised Belle has her Disney Parks roses on her dress. I am glad Cinderella got her correct silver gown!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I love that new art! It's interesting that they're all couples except for Ariel and Flounder. And so glad to see Cinderella in silver for once.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Came across some fantastic news today :) …producer Bruce Botnick revealed in this podcast episode that he just finished the Legacy Collection release of Hunchback! Apparently the release is going to have something like 160 minutes of music including demos and alternates etc. If you’d like to listen for yourselves, he starts discussing it around the 7 minute mark. There are plenty of score cues that have never been released on soundtracks thus far and it’s really an epic score.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2FDOiH ... oannxHhNtQ

Hopefully this means that more Legacy titles are on the way as well.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:pink: That's AWESOME NEWS!!! So excited. And yes, I hope it means that even more titles will be released. Thanks for sharing! He didn't mention in that clip when we can expect it, but hopefully sometime soon.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

OMG, that is amazing news!!!!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Great news!! Hopefully that means that Aladdin might be released as well :)
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wonderful! Thank God! Nothing is ever really over... :) There are still so many they could do. Aladdin, Hercules, Bedknobs, Tarzan, Mulan, TSitS, Dumbo, Bambi, Jungle Book, Pooh, Dalmatians, etc. Even for the newer films where most of the score was released, I wouldn't say no at a nice artwork case like that for some of them that could sit beside the rest (particularly Tangled's soundtrack cover is ugly).
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Sun May 02, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Great news! :) Thanks for sharing! I`ve missed that line, so it would`ve been nice if we saw more releases.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Great news, thank you rb_canadian181!

This was my first choice for the Legacy Collection.
Would also love Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan and Tarzan to get the same treatment.
Last edited by stevemcqueen on Mon May 03, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Oooh! That really is exciting! I'm assuming it's a 25th anniversary release!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Wow! Between Disney Movie Club showing some love to their catalog titles for the first time in years and now hearing that the Legacy Collection may not be dead, it definitely feels like somebody within the company who's been fighting for the collectors is finally being heard. I wonder, though, will they still release it to CD? A few years ago I'd have assumed "Yes", but with Frozen II's Deluxe Edition soundtrack being digital-only and no word on a physical release for Raya and the Last Dragon I can't help but worry.

If this release does end up happening, then Hunchback is definitely near the top of my want list. But please, give us Aladdin. If nothing else, PLEASE do Aladdin.
- John
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Pasta67 wrote:If this release does end up happening, then Hunchback is definitely near the top of my want list. But please, give us Aladdin. If nothing else, PLEASE do Aladdin.
AGREED!! I need the Ashman-Menken trilogy completed, and Aladdin has many deleted songs, probably more than any Disney movie, also it would be nice to have some of the Robin Williams recordings that they decided not to use.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Frightening thought about it possibly being digital-only... I'll hope for the best that that will not be the case, since it's not really a release for a newer product. I would compare it to that Disney Goes Classical album that was out recently that received a physical release; a product made for fans more than general consumers.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That's amazing news and quite unexpected! I wonder if this is going to be exclusive to D23 Expo in 2022. In any case, I hope this isn't a last hurrah and we get more. Like many have already said, Aladdin is a must! It's kinda ridiculous they've done Aristocats and Robin Hood, but not Aladdin (or Snow White for that matter).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

This is crazy. Can't belive it's happening (AND it's another Menken score). I don't know HOW they pick their titles, and they kinda lost the opportunity to do Aladdin along with the live-action, but I think they're not desperate because they would have surely cancelled it after the less known titles or gone for the really big ones that remain (Aladdin, for example).

Although some of the earlier films could benefit from a Legacy release, the 90s ones are the most egregious needs. So little of their score was released on the soundtrack so I hope they keep the trend going.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

That's such great news! :D I can't believe it either. I had given up hope they would continue with the line. Like the rest, I hope there are more titles to come and not just Hunchback, and they're physical releases like the previous ones.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Im glad this line might not be dead! I know it'll probably never happen but Id love a Legacy version of Oliver and Co.
But they did Robin Hood... so who knows....:P
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Today marks the 25th anniversary of The Hunchback's release in theaters. Maybe they'll drop an announcement for the Legacy Collection CD
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That makes me feel so old!! :p That would be a great announcement; fingers crossed!!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Nah, not old, but wiser :) :D