Star Wars: Ewoks

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Star Wars: Ewoks

Post by Sotiris »

The house of mouse and the house of Kennedy are already secretly working on other “Star Wars” projects that’ll premiere on the small screen. One of those upcoming may feature the return of the Ewoks.

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, the pint-sized moon creatures are one of the most recognizable species in the “Star Wars” universe. And with Disney+ not just in the business of making shows for us, older “Star Wars” fans, but also the excitable younglings, it should be no surprise to hear that a new Ewoks series is being discussed.

The news of the Empire-hating Ewoks’ return to the screen – which comes courtesy a reputable insider – will no doubt be music to the ears of toy retailers, who’ll likely sell furballs in the millions once the show hits. It’s unlikely to be part of the first phase of “Star Wars” shows, which are rumored to kick off around Halloween, but could be part of the second run, rumored to launch in the next 12-18 months.
Source: https://moviehole.net/exclusive-the-ewoks-will-return/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Star Wars: Ewoks

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I wonder if this will be live-action or animated since there have been previous Ewok projects that were both live-action and animated.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Genndy Tartakovsky’s “Star Wars: Clone Wars,” 1980s “Ewoks” Cartoon Coming to Disney+ in April
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... -in-april/

Live-Action “Ewoks” Star Wars Spinoff Movies from the 1980s Coming to Disney+ in April
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... -in-april/

:pink: :pink:
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Sadly there is right issues so neither one of the swedish won't likely be available on Disney Plus . One dubb was done for the channel FilmNet so they likely own the rights to that one and the other was only mades for VHS so it will likely be hard to find the sound tapes and also the vhs dubb , didn't inlcloud all episodes. two wern't dubbed at all.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That really stinks. It's something I think as an English speaker I take for granted, that the content was created in my language and in my country, so I don't have to worry about dubbing rights and issues. It stinks when a film or show hasn't made the jump to DVD. Do you have a VCR? I mean, it may look better on DVD or streaming, if they'd restore it at all... Can you buy used copies at a reasonable price?
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I got a machine that transfers VHS to Dvds last christmas.

I wished for one just so i can collect rare dubbs that were never released on dvd in Sweden !

I own among other rare dubbs Tom and Jerry THe movie, Ferngully, Babe and the live action Dennis the Menace :D :D