Favorite of Snow White's soundtrack?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite songs?

"I'm Wishing"
15%
"One Song"
15%
"With a Smile and a Song"
17%
"Whistle While You Work"
13%
"Dig-a-Dig Dig"
9%
"Heigh-Ho"
9%
"Some Day My Prince Will Come"
9%
"The Dwarfs' Washing Song"
2%
"The Dwarfs' Yodel Song (The Silly Song)"
4%
Ending Reprises
6%
"Music in Your Soup" (Deleted Song)
2%
"You're Never Too Old to Be Young" (Deleted Song)
No votes

Total votes: 47

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Favorite of Snow White's soundtrack?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What the title says.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Favorite of Snow White's soundtrack?

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I used to hate Adriana Caselotti’s voice as Snow White (I complained incessantly about it on this website in my early days), but over the years I’ve come to find it very charming— her singing, her speaking, the character design, everything about the character, really. I probably return to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs more regularly than any of Walt’s other animated films.

1. I’m Wishing
2. Someday My Prince Will Come
3. The Dwarfs’ Yodel Song
4. Dig-a-Dig Dig
5. Whistle While You Work
6. Heigh Ho
7. One Song
8. The Dwarfs’ Washing Song
9. With a Smile and a Song

*I’ve never listened to the deleted songs.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I made the poll list mostly based on Wikipedia's soundtrack. It's the first time I've seen Dig-a-Dig Dig separated from Heigh Ho! and it made me realize they are two separate songs just like One Song and I'm Wishing, except Dig-a-Dig Dig doesn't even get equal acknowledgement along with Heigh Ho like with those two.

1. "One Song" ~ I love the part of the film when the prince sings to her. It's why I always prefer Snow White's prince to Prince Charming and even Phillip, despite the animation for him leaving... Something to be desired. I love the singer's voice, too, very warm and strong.
2. "I'm Wishing" ~ My favorite of Snow White's numbers. I don't love the way the voice is sped up, but I don't really hate it as much as others. :lol: I really like Snow White the character; Aurora's the only one of the three Walt princesses I don't care for, although the character is beautiful in her blue dress.
3. "Dig-a-Dig Dig" ~ This and "Whistle While You Work" are the biggest earworms of the soundtrack for me. They're the ones that will come to me at random moments. "Heigh Ho!"'s good, but I prefer this a great deal to that (another reason I wanted to separate them).
4. "Whistle While You Work" ~ Like I said above, this one comes into my mind randomly at times, particularly when I'm doing housework. :lol: "A Spoonful of Sugar" does the same thing.
5. "With a Smile and a Song" ~ This is the one I most easily forget until I watch the film, but I enjoy it and it has a nice melody. I wish the Legacy Collection hadn't ended, because I would've liked to have bought a Snow White soundtrack through them. I have most of the songs via compilation albums like many other of the older films (like Sword in the Stone and Bedknobs & Broomsticks), but I don't have this one. I do have a version of it included on the Heigh Ho! Mozart album though, which I'm listening to right now. :P
6. "Heigh Ho!" ~ It's one of those iconic songs, like "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo."
7. "Someday My Prince Will Come" ~ Snow White's main song is actually my least favorite of hers. I don't hate it, and its not because it's a song about longing to be rescued, I'm simply not crazy about it is all. I probably enjoy watching it as a scene more than listening to it divorced from the film, with how all the dwarfs are mesmerized by her.
8. "The Dwarfs' Washing Song" ~ I never listen to this outside the film. Still, it's one of the funniest moments in the movie to me.
9. "The Dwarfs' Yodel Song" ~ This is the reverse of the washing song. I always dislike this part of the movie... Well, maybe "dislike" is a little harsh. "I'm bored" is a better way to describe this scene.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I voted for, in no particular order:
"I'm Wishing," "One Song," "With a Smile and a Song," & "Whistle While You Work." These are the songs from the film I sing most often..."One Song" not as much, but a childhood memory is when my brother & I had the McDonald's toys and he would sing this song...I don't have many memories of the two of us getting along, so I'll take it!
robinhood21
Limited Issue

Post by robinhood21 »

My favourite is With a Smile and a Song.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

My ranking (I've excluded reprises):

01. Someday My Prince Will Come
02. One Song
03. I'm Wishing
04. With a Smile and a Song
05. Whistle While You Work

I don't particularly care for the rest, but for the sake of ranking, here they are.

06. The Dwarfs' Yodel Song (The Silly Song)
07. Bluddle-Uddle-Um-Dum (The Dwarfs' Washing Song)
05. Heigh-Ho
06. Dig-a-Dig Dig
07. Music in Your Soup
08. You're Never Too Old to Be Young
ImageImageImageImageImageImage