Favorite Superhero Franchises?

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Favorite superheroes?

Spider-Man
8%
X-Men
12%
Batman
4%
Fantastic Four
No votes
Black Panther
12%
Doctor Strange
8%
Iron Man
8%
Wonder Woman
No votes
Captain America
8%
Guardians of the Galaxy
16%
Deadpool
4%
Thor
12%
Superman
4%
The Hulk
No votes
Other (Ant-Man, Teen Titans, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, etc.)
4%

Total votes: 25

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Favorite Superhero Franchises?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Your favorite films and characters? I would have listed characters themselves, but there's no way that would fit in a poll. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Re: Favorite Superhero Franchises?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I chose GotG & Black Panther. I still have probably half the Marvel movies to watch for the first time, so I couldn't vote for too much regarding franchises. While Hulk is my favorite Avenger, I haven't seen any of his solo films, so I didn't vote for him.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Favorite Superhero Franchises?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was trying to be very vague with the title and everything. I meant sort of what your favorite characters / properties themselves, not so much beholden to any particular adaptation or even films v. comics, etc. For me, I'd rank my favorites as:

1. X-Men ~ My favorite characters were always Mystique, Storm, and Nightcrawler for this property. X-Men: Evolution and the films are the main way I know the property, since I didn't watch the original show. The design for that show always turned me off. *shrug*
2. Batman ~ I'm mostly attached to Batman & Robin, as well as the Nolan films. Poison Ivy was always my favorite character.
3. Spider-Man ~ I was always less fond of the very straight, "pure," and patriotic heroes like Super-Man, Captain America and Wonder Woman. It's funny, because Disney's Hercules is a play on that type, and I do enjoy that film / character. :lol: But Hercules also has a lot of other qualities though that make me love it. Spider-Man is probably the only one in that vein that I'm really a fan of. I always thought his powers and design were cool, that he's not so muscle-y as some of those other cardboard heroes. He and Black Panther are definitely the hottest heroes, for sure. As far as the adaptations, I love the first two films of the Tobey McGuire / Dunst take; it's a shame the third was horrible, just like with X-Men's Last Stand film. I didn't care for The Amazing Spider-Man series, other than Sally Field as the aunt. I follow the newest version because of Holland, but it hasn't been as good as it could be and definitely doesn't surpass the first two McGuire/Dunst films back when. Into the Spider-Verse has probably been my favorite thing overall involving Spider-Man since those films.
(these next three I didn't even know about until the recent films were made, so...)
4. Guardians of the Galaxy ~ Hilarious and a great soundtrack.
5. Deadpool ~ So, so, so funny. I just love Ryan Reynolds as this character. This and GotG actually feel very similar, since they focus more on humor and great soundtracks. GotG handles the serious stuff better than Deadpool though, and Deadpool's humor is much darker, of course.
6. Black Panther ~ Chadwick Boseman really made this character. He has such a great onscreen chemistry to me, and he's so hot. The Avengers cameo made me excited to see the BP film, and while it wasn't quite as good as I had hoped (much like with the new Spider-Man, I'm mostly following it for the lead actor more than anything else), I'm still sticking with the franchise.
7. Teen Titans ~ I always liked those characters growing up, particularly Starfire.
8. Thor ~ I'm not overly fond of the films themselves, but Hemsworth and Hiddlestone are really fun.
9. Ant-Man ~ Like with Thor, I'm not in love with the films or anything, just Rudd is a lot of fun to watch.
10. Wonder Woman ~ I love Gal Gadot. That's the only reason I'm ranking this. I always thought Wonder Woman and Superman were dull characters growing up, so I was pretty shocked by how Gadot made that character so entertaining. I do think Cavill + Amy Adams as Superman and Lois Lane are perfect, but it's really hard for me to care about Super-Man regardless of that. Ezra Miller is perfect as The Flash, too; I'm so looking forward to him having a stand-alone film in that role.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"