What do you Collect?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: What do you Collect?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thank you! that's one of my favorite pieces, too! #eBay
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Just read your comments unprincess and I'm deeply sorry about the condition of your mom's health. I know dementia is difficult to treat, especially with all the associated expenses, but I hope the doctors are able to successfully stave off the ill-effects for as long as possible.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yuo're welcome Ames, and eBay, of course!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Just wanted to say I'm wishing you & your mother well, unprincess! I've been worried about my grandparents in regards to the Coronavirus, but even my parents aren't that young anymore. God-willing things won't get as bad as it could; if only we had real leaders to depend on in a crisis like this. I've heard it could even be worse here in the U.S. because more older people (the most susceptible group) are in nursing homes here than in Europe?

I've thought about what all shipping must cost before. I'm sure it would be a real pain having to figure out how to do all that in the event I were to have to do so somewhere down the line. I think there will always be Funko collectors. If it was a passing fad, I think it would've slowed down a year or two ago, but it's just kept growing. Aside from being cute, I think a lot of people are probably like me--it's something affordable they can collect or buy for their children. There are a lot of characters (Disney and otherwise) they've made that I never saw merchandise for growing up in the U.S. could be another thing keeping it going.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85 wrote:How do you reconcile the fact that you're poor and should spend the $ on responsible things vs. just being a kid in a candy store, wanting to buy all the neat Disney stuff?!
blackcauldron85 wrote: but ShopDisney, Hot Topic, etc, send us emails: Oh, look what's new, buy buy buy!
Or in this case, just look at this amazing TF&tH backpack that Pop In a Box so lovingly emailed me about just now: https://www.popinabox.us/merch-clothing ... 20730.html

I can't justify $74 on a backpack, so I won't get it**, and I just paid off my credit card, so I'm definitely only putting essentials and bills on there that I'll pay off every month, but it's beautiful and I want it but I don't *need* it and I think that's one good thing this pandemic is teaching me, to be frugal with my $ and not buying unnecessary things. (But I hope people buy it so Disney knows we want more TF&tH merch!!!)

(**But I may have forwarded the email to my husband...lol I may not get it, but Christmas is many months away...)(And I'm totally not the spouse who's like Buy me this, buy me that! Not at all, but I leave hints for one Christmas present I may want, so this year it's this!)
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

It’s a lovely bag Amy, I can see why you’d like like it. :D
blackcauldron85

^Right?! It's adorbs. I do have a LoungeFly Moana backpack and a Mulan purse that I got deeply discounted, so maybe just maybe Hot Topic will get this and it'll be on sale someday?!

I'm proud of myself...I haven't bought Pops, I haven't bought the bag...
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^Right?! It's adorbs. I do have a LoungeFly Moana backpack and a Mulan purse that I got deeply discounted, so maybe just maybe Hot Topic will get this and it'll be on sale someday?!
Yes I noticed some of the merchandise (bags/purses etc.) after seeing “The Fox and the Hound” one you posted. They have some really cute novelty designs. :D
blackcauldron85 wrote:I'm proud of myself...I haven't bought Pops, I haven't bought the bag...
Well done :clap: I’m really bad when it comes to things like that :oops: (not Pops but spending on things I shouldn’t)
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you, thank you! :) I think that's the point of my resurrecting this thread, so people like you & me that maybe buy "too many" Disney things can just talk about it, keeping each other accountable. :lol: Have you bought any Disney items lately? (The last ones I bought were from Onward, but I haven't since then!)
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ Thank you, thank you! :) I think that's the point of my resurrecting this thread, so people like you & me that maybe buy "too many" Disney things can just talk about it, keeping each other accountable. :lol: Have you bought any Disney items lately? (The last ones I bought were from Onward, but I haven't since then!)
Only a couple of 4K SteelBooks but that’s about it.
blackcauldron85

^ I don't consider movies an extravagance or anything...it's the #1 part of the fandom! So good job!!!! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

That bag is awesome! Pretty and adorbs! Does it say "We'll be best friends forever, won't we?"?

Soooo...I tried to by the Cinderella & Prince Charming Platinum Wedding Collector Doll Set, that came out for the film's 70th anniversary, when it premiered online, but it cost $750 and was too much, so I couldn't get it. But with my tax refund, I had enough money to buy it for $900 on eBay. I told my mom it was only $100 and she still said I can't buy things like that that are so expensive! Anyway, this is what the set looks like:
blackcauldron85

Disney Duster wrote:That bag is awesome! Pretty and adorbs! Does it say "We'll be best friends forever, won't we?"?
It does! The cursive is kind of hard to read except for a few words, but it does say it! <3

Those dolls are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope there's no receipt coming in the box, only a packing slip!!! :shifty: If it comes with one, shred it! :milkbuds: How are you going to put them in relation to your other dolls?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, the cursive was hard to read, lol.

Actually the dolls already came and didn't have a receipt thank God. I just keep them in the box on the floor in my room with my other dolls on the floor as well. I have a few more dolls in my closet and an entire set of Walt Disney's Cinderella character dolls on my dresser. I am only planning on displaying the dolls on shelves when I move into my own apartment someday. I will keep them all in the box, but on shelves. If they don't fit on shelves, I will just play Tetris with them in my closet, lol. I'm glad you think they are beautiful. I love them.
Disney's Divinity

Disney's Divinity wrote: There are lots of books I've wanted that I still haven't got. Like The Story of Ariel and The Story of Tiana children's books with the well-done artwork, or those Disney Animated Classic books with all the concept art for each film...
I finally got The Story of Ariel and The Story of Tiana. Everyone was right about how well the series of books were drawn, a few pictures look as if they may have copied a shot directly. This is actually the first storybook I own of TP&TF. I don't really buy storybooks, not because I don't like them but because I'd rather blow money on CDs, movies, Funko, etc. I have a lot of books saved of the older films from when I was a child. I always liked getting everything of TLM because there would be a pretty new drawing of Ursula I'd never seen or something like that. :lol: I think the only criticism I had of TP&TF's book is that they don't depict "Friends On the Other Side," it's just him dealing the tarot cards. I think I would've preferred they showed a picture of Facilier's tombstone, too, for the pages describing his defeat.

The Story of Tiana made me appreciate how pretty two of Tiana's outfits were--the second wedding dress (for the Church wedding) and the green coat she wears on her way to work at the beginning of the film. I guess because both are blink and you'll miss them. I knew the second wedding dress was beautiful even if I preferred several other outfits to it. I never really paid much attention to her coat before though. More Funko variants for me to wait around for. :lol:

Anyway, I was wondering why The Story of Ariel ends with a picture of Sebastian and "To Be Continued"? :? TP&TF doesn't have that on its last page. Maybe they planned to do books for the DTV sequels or something.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad you finally got those books, Divinity! Yes, sometimes the books feel like they are right out of the films. Tiana's church wedding dress has always been a stunner. That's weird about the Story of Ariel "to be continued" ending. That makes no sense to me as I doubt they would ever do the dtv sequels in this series. I can't imagine why they put that.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Those dolls look gorgeous Duster!

I collect such a wide variety of things - Funko Pops, figures/toys, pins, books etc. If anything, though, I collect characters. I love hunting down at least one piece of merchandise for each character - I recently added Tiana's father in the form of the Father's Day pin, Thalia the Muse of Comedy, and a bunch of Frozen/Frozen 2 characters with the mega playset.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote: Tiana's church wedding dress has always been a stunner.
I had remembered you always liked that outfit from past discussions on here.
That's weird about the Story of Ariel "to be continued" ending. That makes no sense to me as I doubt they would ever do the dtv sequels in this series. I can't imagine why they put that.
I agree, I doubt they'd do the sequels, yet I'm not sure what they could've been hinting at. Maybe they plan to do one of those flip-side books they did some years back, like The Story of Ursula or The Story of Sebastian from one of the other characters' POV or something? :lol: I do remember some storybook series of the villains giving "their side," that were pretty funny.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you, Chernabog_Rocks!

Yeah Divinity, if it's not the dtv sequels or some other side of the story, what on earth could it be? I always liked those My Side of the Story books but never bought one. I liked the more classic takes on the stories.