Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019-Present

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2019

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

farerb wrote:There is no way they are releasing all the Revival films and 3/4 from the big Renaissance and not Beauty and the Beast.
I'm pretty certain it'll come out by November 26th.
You mean all of the Revival Era movies with the exception of Winnie the Pooh (2011).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The cover for the 4K editions:
Attachments
Zootopia.jpg
Zootopia.jpg (85.26 KiB) Viewed 9453 times
Moana.jpg
Moana.jpg (96.73 KiB) Viewed 9453 times
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Ugly as expected... ^^

Seriously couldn’t they do a little bit better for the first 4K release of all these movies?..
It’s like they didn’t care to fail.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

God, those are ugly af. I hope they do better covers for Beauty and the Beast and Snow White (if they will ever release them on 4K, of course).
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

reminds me of those similar cheap looking Dreamworks covers. Would it have been that hard to just slap on the theatrical posters on these? :roll:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Sorry if this isn't the correct thread to ask:

So I'm going to the US (New York) later this month for the first time.

Planning to get all the September releases:
both Aladdin movies in 4K, the 8 Pixar 4K releases, Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians (Signature Collections) as well as Maleficent 4K (13 titles).

My entire US collection was built solely on importing, excited to be able to actually go to a store and buy these for the first time!

Just wanted to ask: Will I still be able to find the September 10th titles with slipcovers if I'll only be arriving around September 20th?

Also, what store is the best place to buy these in terms of prices/slipcovers/stocks?

Many many thanks!! :)
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

stevemcqueen wrote:Sorry if this isn't the correct thread to ask:

both Aladdin movies in 4K, the 8 Pixar 4K releases, Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians (Signature Collections) as well as Maleficent 4K (13 titles).

My entire US collection was built solely on importing, excited to be able to actually go to a store and buy these for the first time!

Just wanted to ask: Will I still be able to find the September 10th titles with slipcovers if I'll only be arriving around September 20th?

Also, what store is the best place to buy these in terms of prices/slipcovers/stocks?

Best Buy is your best bet to go to. They usually have the lowest prices when it comes to releases, but also are one of few stores that don’t put cases around the movies. So you should be able to go in, sort through the copies and find whatever is the best condition of each if slipcovers are important to you.

That being said, you should be absolutely fine in getting skip covers if you’re only a week after release date. Usually slips don’t disappear in the US until about a month after release date.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Back cover:

It seems like they are reusing the same Blu-ray disc and it's such a shame cause I was really hoping they'd include the two shorts, the ABC special and the deleted Life's too Short sequence with the recording of Idina and Kristen.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

nomad2010 wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote:Sorry if this isn't the correct thread to ask:

Best Buy is your best bet to go to. They usually have the lowest prices when it comes to releases, but also are one of few stores that don’t put cases around the movies. So you should be able to go in, sort through the copies and find whatever is the best condition of each if slipcovers are important to you.

That being said, you should be absolutely fine in getting skip covers if you’re only a week after release date. Usually slips don’t disappear in the US until about a month after release date.
Thank you so much, nomad2010!!! :wave:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

farerb wrote: It seems like they are reusing the same Blu-ray disc and it's such a shame cause I was really hoping they'd include the two shorts, the ABC special and the deleted Life's too Short sequence with the recording of Idina and Kristen.
There was also a Target bonus disc that contained an exclusive featurette and an additional deleted scene.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

You guys do know that if you have a “Apple TV 4th Generation” ALL of your iTunes movies (that supports 4K, obviously, with a proper 4K TV and hook up cables.) will play in 4K? :?
You don’t have to quadruple-dip just for a 4K disc. :)
I don’t own a 4K TV as of yet, so there is no need for me to purchase 4K discs. When the time does come I’ll just hook up my “Apple TV 4th Generation” and watch them in 4K that way.

Does anyone know if Disney Plus does support 4K as well? :?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Steelbooks:

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I love TP&TF's steelbook for incorporating the original poster. The others, not so much.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Keep on asking and waiting for it to happen...

When will The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Great Mouse Detective and Winnie Pooh will be released in Spain/Europe on BD?

...and yes, I know the USA releases are Region Free but I want them released here.

I don´t get it.

Back when suddenly Disney released Lilo and Stitch, Oliver and Company, Home on the Range and Treasure Planet and Atlantis those movies also were released in Spain. However, those 3 movies don´t seem to ever be available.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Those steelbooks are beautiful. :D How come the basic releases cannot have such nice art on the cover?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

are all these steelbooks from Best Buy? also are these, along with Dalmatians, SB & Frozen, all coming out this year?! :o
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

unprincess wrote:are all these steelbooks from Best Buy? also are these, along with Dalmatians, SB & Frozen, all coming out this year?! :o
Yes and yes.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

farerb wrote:
unprincess wrote:are all these steelbooks from Best Buy? also are these, along with Dalmatians, SB & Frozen, all coming out this year?! :o
Yes and yes.
Probably first and last we witness a Blu-ray releases schedule as crazy as this one..
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^yeah b/w the steelbooks and the Target digibook/pack sets Im gonna go broke!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Target doesn't make exclusive for reissues, only for new releases (whether new films or new editions) - so only new films and the Signature Collection titles get a Target exclusive. Best Buy do reissues as well, that's why the Pixar and Revival releases got a steelbook.