Tokyo Disneyland

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tokyo Disneyland

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^I'm not sure. The upcoming ride will be a different ride than the existing Peter Pan ride... maybe they'll have both... :shrug:
blackcauldron85

Toy Story-Inspired Hotel Coming to Tokyo Disney Resort
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... ey-resort/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

This is absolutely INSANE !!!!!

And they are actual FACE characters, not facial projections like the mess of Frozen Ever After etc etc ...

http://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2018/12/sn ... matronics/

Is Belle walking whilst holding the lantern ?! The Imagineers have truly outdone themselves.
blackcauldron85

Thank you for sharing!!!!! That looks so amazing. Interesting that Belle + prince are dancing, not Beast.

Another thought I had watching this was, oh, they've already started the CGI remake of B&tB. :D It completely makes sense, and I've seen the TLM ride through on the Platinum dvd, but I guess I still didn't realize or remember the amount of computer animation used by the Imagineers.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm amazed by how realistic the characters look while remaining true to their animated counterparts. Belle truly looks like she's come alive from the 1991 movie right through the screen. I read that this is one of the most expensive park rides ever, if not the most expensive, and now I can see why. I'd love to see other classic rides get an update like this (like The Little Mermaid one).
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder what the dialogue will be like on the ride ? Will it alternate back and forth, or will it be kept 100% English language ( just using the film dialogue ) ... ?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Atlantica wrote:I wonder what the dialogue will be like on the ride ? Will it alternate back and forth, or will it be kept 100% English language ( just using the film dialogue ) ... ?
It will probably be all Japanese.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

New pics of Tokyo’s BATB attraction!!!

PHOTOS: FIRST LOOK Inside “The Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast” Attraction at New Fantasyland in Tokyo Disneyland, Opening Sept. 28
https://wdwnt.com/2020/09/photos-first- ... g-sept-28/

BREAKING: New Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland Including E-Ticket “The Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast” Opening September 28th
https://wdwnt.com/2020/09/breaking-new- ... mber-28th/

How I would love to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea.... *dreaming of better days*
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Ride through of Tokyo’s BATB dark ride!!!

VIDEO: Full Preshow, Queue, and Ride POV of NEW “The Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast” Ride at Tokyo Disneyland

https://wdwnt.com/2020/09/video-full-pr ... the-beast/

:o

Wow!!! It’s just amazingly immersive. The only drawback is the drawback with all trackless rides— there’s so much empty space. But the AA’s are amazing, and I love the parts of the story they chose to tell. :D

(also, I was so confused by the concept art with the ride vehicles being bowls— of course, you start in the kitchen!)
blackcauldron85

That's epic- thank you so much for sharing! I LOVE that the ride vehicles move around so much- it's like a ride within a ride! Those AAs are so beyond amazing.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The Tokyo Disneyland Beauty and the Beast ride truly is amazing and magical. The animatronics move so articulated and full of life, and the special effects are out of this world. The first Beast animatronic is scary! I thought guests rode in teacups, but you're right UmbrellaFish, they're bowls! I knew they were from "Be Our Guest" of course right from the get-go! Speaking of, the special effects and especially Cogsworth in wiggling jell-o animatronic are so amazing! And the animated shadows of the mob are amazing, and especially the Beast's transformation is amazing! The only drawbacks are yes, the space is way too empty. "Something There" looked rather ugly and pitiful to me. And also, they put roses instead of pearls/jewels on the trim on Belle's skirt, and frills on her neckline. Why?! It would look better being exactly like the animated original!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The tech part of the ride is absolutely astounding, don't get me wrong ... but it just felt so .... dull ? Huge spaces of nothing going on, almost like the ride is too small for the space that it's in ? Would have been better to have the same track system as Ariels Undersea Adventures in my opinion, as it suits the story telling vibe of the ride.

The AA are beautiful, truly. Just feels a bit like a wasted opportunity ?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree with everything you said, Atlantica!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you Disney Duster :)

This sort of track would be of more use in a ride that is more immersive perhaps ? Like travelling through the forest in Tangled, or into the mines in Snow White or the jungle in Tarzan or something.

I'm not saying BATB isn't immersive, but the story is mainly set in a castle rather than a living, breathing entity like a forest or whatever, where you could potentially have a 360 environment.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think you may be right it may work better in a forest setting, but I honestly don't know if any world would really make a good ride with this kind of track.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I pray for the day I can visit this place. I've only been to Paris Disneyland so far. The American ones are trash so not interested in those.
blackcauldron85

The Toy Story Hotel looks amazing:

Tokyo Disney Resort Shares Preview Video of Toy Story Hotel
https://wdwnt.com/?p=648416
blackcauldron85

D23 Disney Parks, Experiences, + Products presentation:

*Frozen

*8th port of call: Fantasy Springs: Peter Pan, Tangled, Frozen (obviously not new news)

*Space Mountain will have a new vision, 2027
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I really love all the new imaginings of Space Mountain. I love our current version in WDW, but would a design like what they're doing in Tokyo look really great next to Tron once it's complete? I know the purists would freak out, but it would seriously look awesome!
blackcauldron85

I agree with you 100%! The WDW design is classic, but the new concept art definitely is more of the Tron aesthetic.