Wave 3 Treasures - Certificates & Numbering Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Do You Think Disney Fudged the Wave 3 Print Run Numbers?

Oh Yeah
56%
No Way
37%
What are Print Runs?
7%

Total votes: 27

TheBionicWoman
Limited Issue

Well, heres mine

Post by TheBionicWoman »

I finally received my mickey and donald sets from ups today courtesy of amazon. Unfortunately my Mickey Mouse set has a slight dent on the upper left side of the front tin. Theres also a slight ding in the back tin (arrrgh!). I will not send it back since the discs are fine. My Donald came in pristine condition.

Heres my serial numbers:
On the frontlines:235,327/250,000 Chronological Donald:035,531/165,000 :D
Mickey Mouse Vol.2:111,797/175,000

Well I guess I have one decent low one! lol
Return of the King is coming, are you ready?
chamfer

Post by chamfer »

Well it finally happened, on the home theater forum someone complained because they got a tin without a certificate. It was a front lines tin.
Also i was at the store today and I saw a mickey with the picture printed upside down. I heard someone had gotten a donald with an upside down picture and I feel sorry for them because it really looks odd.
Did disney have any quality control set up. Maybe they were rushed even though they were delayed for 5 months. :roll:
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Wow - that's sad, chamfer. Geez... more evidence of Disney falling apart at the seams. Content-wise, this may be one of the best WDT waves, but everything else about it has been seriously FUBARed. O_o
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

#2173 I believe for the Front Lines on my certificate. Rest of them however are near the back end of the numbering system.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Re: What About the Low Number COA Collectors?

Post by STASHONE »

yoda_four wrote:If a got the #1 of a set, I would definitely keep it with all my pride and glory. Sure it would sell for a pretty price, but a memory like that is irreplaceable.
Irreplaceable? The only correlative facets between your limited numbered run and the physical item itself is a small piece of paper inserted in the keepcase. The DVD's themselves are not associated nor have they ever been in previous waves, with the limited print. They are replaceable as are all of Disney's registered home video products through the company's consumer services department. The only thing exclusive about these sets were the numbered tin packaging and with this newly designed series, that is no longer the case either. They are now just as dispenseable as any other DVD packaging concept, regardless of whether or not the production numbers are controlled. If you unexpectedly purchased a first edition, it would be a first edition piece of paper and nothing more. I am sure these are not manufactured in some elaborate prodigious factory where thousands of efficient assembly line employees thoroughly and painstakingly produce and number every single DVD, tin casing, certificate, lithograph, booklet, etc. and match them up accordingly. You can have that tiny paper certificate framed though if you like, and pretend that it's really valuable and significant.
Sully
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sully »

STASHONE, you're trying to bring your own view of reality into something as individual as a collectibles field.

When you get down to it, Action Comics #1 is just newsprint, a Mickey Mantle rookie is just a piece of cardboard, and even a famous painting is simply canvas and oils.

The reason people collect is based on internal desires - theirs, not yours.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Sully wrote:STASHONE, you're trying to bring your own view of reality into something as individual as a collectibles field.

When you get down to it, Action Comics #1 is just newsprint, a Mickey Mantle rookie is just a piece of cardboard, and even a famous painting is simply canvas and oils.

The reason people collect is based on internal desires - theirs, not yours.
I'm not offering my perspective in regards to what should or shouldn't be considered valuable... you can collect old logs of caked dry dog poop in a jar and consider it an invaluable, cherished posession.

If I happened upon a first print set according to the numbered certificate, what would prevent me from removing that piece of paper, placing it into another tin and than turning around and selling it at a "collector's" price by your logic? Should it be any more or less valued?

I'm just stating the obvious - the only thing about these sets which are now limited exclusives and by Disney's marketing gimmick deemed of "collectible status"... are the certificate insert, which in all fariness are already determined irrelevant due to various complaints of multiple inclusions and/or lack of prints altogether.

Whatever, Im not complaining... these are by far thes best DVD sets I've purchased in the past 5 years... I'm just saying it's retarded to get strung out on the numered status of some tin containers when in reality all that pertains to anything, is the piece of paper that's included.
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

I got my certificates on the 3 sets I ordered ! :D relief.
But if they had kept writting the numbers on the tin case, we wouldn't be having this problem!

For my previous sets, I had two whose number were following :)
I'd really like to have a #1 sometime !!! 8)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Sully
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sully »

STASHONE wrote:I'm not offering my perspective in regards to what should or shouldn't be considered valuable... you can collect old logs of caked dry dog poop in a jar and consider it an invaluable, cherished posession.

I'm just saying it's retarded to get strung out on the numered status of some tin containers when in reality all that pertains to anything, is the piece of paper that's included.
Reread these two sentences. :lol:
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

If you have to look at it so superficially then the Mona Lisa is nothing but a piece of cloth with oily colored stuff on it.
Eeyore
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Eeyore »

Once again, there is no conspiracy. There is no fudging of the numbers.

The machine in the factory that grabs a certificate and placed it in the tin simply had two stick together (or perhaps it was a six year old with poor dexterity making 6 cents an hour in some sweatshop, but I digress). For every tin that got an extra, there's a tin that got no certificate.

What will be interesting is to see what the policy is if you report you got no certificate.

I'd email Disney telling them you got an extra one, and see what they say.
karlsen
Special Edition

Post by karlsen »

I agree that this doesen't sound bad at all.

Remember the certificats was in order (not two totaly diffrent once) so the esembly line theory are probably the one closest to the truth :)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I think Eeyore is probably right here. I wish I knew one of these certificate-less people to see how Disney handles it. I agree that you should email or call them about your extra one and ask for an explanation. It would be very interesting to see what they say.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Wave 3 Treasures - Certificates & Numbering Discussion

Post by MattDean »

Does anyone know if all the On the Front Line DVD certificates were numbered? I have recently bought a used set which has the wrap around signature strip (with unique limited number) and the certificate but the certificate does not state the unique number.

Any information would be appreciated!

Matt:)
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

MattDean wrote:Does anyone know if all the On the Front Line DVD certificates were numbered? I have recently bought a used set which has the wrap around signature strip (with unique limited number) and the certificate but the certificate does not state the unique number.

Any information would be appreciated!

Matt:)
I just checked my copy and the certificate is indeed numbered (7,717 of 250,000). I'm not sure why your certificate isn't numbered, though.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

Yes, it's a bit odd!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (164.95 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (193.15 KiB) Viewed 3601 times