Return to Oz and Swiss Family DMC Blu-ray exclusives!!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Return to Oz and Swiss Family DMC Blu-ray exclusives!!!!

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Fans rejoice! Return to Oz and Swiss Family Robinson finally comes to Blu-ray via the Disney Movie Club!:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=259559
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=259561
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Re: Return to Oz and Swiss Family DMC Blu-ray exclusives!!!!

Post by my chicken is infected »

Great. Can't join the DMC (for reasons I won't get into here) and they pull this on one of my most-wanted titles? :down: And I don't think any of the DMC Blu-Ray exclusives have gotten wide releases yet, have they?
-Joey
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

From what I have learned...these recent bluray titles on the Exclusives line...are good transfers, but, lack any bonus features...this is upsetting. Honestly, if you r a fan of having a tangible copy...then I suggest getting them but I have just purchased the digital copies.
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

Hello there!

Please help! Can anyone help me to get a copy of Return to Oz on Blu-ray?

As I live in the UK, I can't use DMC and so can't order anything. A few copies have been appearing on ebay but the prices have been pretty high plus there's (sometimes excessive) shipping charges to the UK to add on top!

If anyone can help me I will pay a fair price, I have a Paypal account, or I could send in return a UK Disney Blu-ray title of your choice. Maybe Aladdin or Frozen-3D, both are region free.

Please send me a pm if you can help.

Thanks,

Matt:)
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

So a friend of mine who's in the club ordered this for me and I received it last week.

I can definitely say the image looks more stable than the DVD. It seems like there was a fresh new HD scan of the negative with some cleanup attempted, as I recall Disney's DVD having plenty of dirt and specks and image instability during the first several minutes, with only occasional issues after, while this version has very little of that. For example, the opening logo no longer looks old and dirty, but looks fairly fresh. The grain structure looks nicely untampered with. The audio mix is a little TOO aggressive and requires a lot of fiddling with the volume - my ears can sometimes be sensitive to loudness, so it may just be me. But other than that, the audio mix is pretty solid.

It's too bad that Disney couldn't even be bothered to port over the DVD features on their exclusives, especially on titles like Pollyanna, which were given two-disc DVD's. Either way, this is one of my most-wanted Blu-Ray titles that I wasn't expecting to happen, so I'm glad to have it now.
-Joey