Your favorite Disneyland/Walt Disney World restaurants

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Your favorite Disneyland/Walt Disney World restaurants

Post by carolinakid »

Please share your favorite DL/WDW restaurants (either table or counter service) in each of the US Disney parks and outside the parks. I'll start with mine. I have many places I love to dine but if I HAD to name only one in each place, I'd go with these...

Disneyland
Disneyland: Cafe Orleans
California Adventure: Carthay Circle
Hotels: Steakhouse 55
Downtown Disney: Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Honorable Mentions: Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, Tortilla Jo's

Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest
Epcot: San Angel Inn
Hollywood Studios: Hollywood Brown Derby
Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti
Hotels: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Downtown Disney: Fulton's Crab House
Honorable Mentions: Columbia Harbor House, Rose & Crown Pub, Boma, Shula's
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Your favorite Disneyland/Walt Disney World restaurants

Post by Escapay »

Here's my list, limited to Walt Disney World, since my Disneyland visits are too few and far between for me to have assessed all their dining options.

Magic Kingdom:
Table Service - Be Our Guest
Counter/Quick Service - Columbia Harbour House

Epcot:
Table Service - Teppan Edo
Counter/Quick Service - Tangierine Cafe

Hollywood Studios:
Table Service - Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Counter/Quick Service - Min & Bill's Dockside Diner

Animal Kingdom:
Table Service - Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Counter/Quick Service - Flame Tree Barbecue

Hotels:
It's difficult for me to pick the best, I've had plenty of good experiences. For now, I'll say the best was Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge, followed closely by the elegant simplicity of the Boardwalk Bakery.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Disneyland:

Club 33
Hungry Bear (but only for nostalgia because the food isn't great)

Disney California Adventure:

Cocina Cucomonga
Lucky Fortune Cookery
Corn Dog Castle

Magic Kingdom:

Tony's

Epcot:

San Angel Inn

Hollywood Studios:

Sci-Fi Dine in Theater (food isn't great but its probably one of the most fun Disney dining experiences)

Animal Kingdom:

N/A . . . I've never eaten anything particularly memorable there

Elsewhere around the World:

OHana
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I can only speak for Paris, but I just love Blue Lagoon (in the Pirates ride) and The Silver Spur Steakhouse in Fronteirland.

In the latter, you eat your starter in a metal frying pan, cowboy style. Awesome doesn't even cover it :wink:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Escapay wrote: Epcot:
Table Service - Teppan Edo
you, my friend, have spectacular taste. Agree on that restaurant too.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

When I was little, my favorite place was Pinocchio Village Haus because

a). They put BBQ sauce on their burgers.

b). I liked to wave at people on It's A Small World.

I've always been easy to please.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

carolinakid wrote:Please share your favorite DL/WDW restaurants (either table or counter service) in each of the US Disney parks and outside the parks. I'll start with mine. I have many places I love to dine but if I HAD to name only one in each place, I'd go with these...

Disneyland
Disneyland: Cafe Orleans
California Adventure: Carthay Circle
Hotels: Steakhouse 55
Downtown Disney: Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Honorable Mentions: Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, Tortilla Jo's

Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest
Epcot: San Angel Inn
Hollywood Studios: Hollywood Brown Derby
Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti
Hotels: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Downtown Disney: Fulton's Crab House
Honorable Mentions: Columbia Harbor House, Rose & Crown Pub, Boma, Shula's
Oh, I really don't know. I guess...

For Disneyland:
Bengal Barbecue, Redd Rocket's and maybe Village Haus (also Royal Street Veranda for their chowder bowls)

At the CA Adventure, there is the Pacific Wharf section of food areas and also the Taste Pilots Grill.

As for WDW, I guess one that I especially is the Biergarten at the Germany pavilion in Epcot. I also like the Pecos Bill Cafe in the Magic Kingdom.

That's all I can think of right now.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

My biases include: vegetarianism, I worked QSF&B, and I'm poor. :D

Disneyland: Rancho del Zocalo. It's filling and fairly cheap with vegetarian options.
California Adventure: Lucky Fortune Cookery. Tofu coconut curry bowls! Also sourdough bread from Pacific Wharf.
Magic Kingdom: Main Street Bakery! Wait, did they get rid of that and put the Starbucks there? Also, waffle/nutella/fruit desserts are pretty rad at Sleepy Hollow.
Animal Kingdom: Pizzafari. What can I say, I'm loyal. The people there act like family. :) And the hot Italian-style sandwich is good even without the meat, which is saying something. The summer rolls at the eggroll cart in Asia are good too.
Epcot: French bakery and Sunshine Seasons.
Hollywood Studios: nowhere. I could never find anything to eat there.

As you can tell, I haven't been to many sit-down restaurants in the parks. Basically just Via Napoli at Epcot and Plaza Inn at Disneyland. I've been to lots of QS though. :D
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

As far as Orlando goes, I've found that arguably the best food is in Epcot's World Showcase. Well....the one exception being the Japan section...their sushi was pretty crappy. Otherwise, I highly recommend France, China, Mexico and England.
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

While it isn't spectacular, one of my favorite places to go to whenever we do MGM/Hollywood is Pizza Planet. While it isn't as much o a Chuck E. Cheese knock-off as I'd expect, it still makes me feel like I'm in Toy Story. :)

I also really like the Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in EPCOT, but I have a question- what are some other good places to go to for lunch or dinner at the park? I'm going with family from England, and we'd rather not take them to place they can easily go to at home, and my mom is allergic to seafood to the point that if she knows it's cooked in the same oil or even near the same oil as anything else, she won't eat there, so Teppan Edo (also great) is out. I'm not as familiar with EPCOT as I'd like to be, which is why I'm asking.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Avaitor, are you looking for Quick Service or Full Service?

For quick service, Epcot has some of the best. You can get some really good stuff in Sunshine Seasons. I think they sell salmon at one of the windows, though. I like the food at Cafe Tangierine in Morocco, but I've heard some people don't like it. I find it has bigger portions than most Disney restaurants at decent prices.

As for table service, I've heard from my friend (who's a culinary grad and cook at Disney and Universal) that the food at San Angel Inn (in Mexico) is excellent. I don't think that's stuff you can get everyday in England. Also, Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada is supposed to have the best food in all the Disney Parks. I never bothered to go, since I'm a vegetarian (and reservations are hard), but I've never heard a bad word about it.

Via Napoli (in Italy) has good food and service, but I think it's overpriced. I don't know if that matters to you.

The bakery in France has fairly reasonable and very tasty pastries, if you need a snack.

Also, the main Disney site has reviews for each of the restaurants if you want to check them out (also you could look at their menus and see if they sell seafood). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/

Hope that helps a little. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Linden wrote:Avaitor, are you looking for Quick Service or Full Service?

For quick service, Epcot has some of the best. You can get some really good stuff in Sunshine Seasons. I think they sell salmon at one of the windows, though. I like the food at Cafe Tangierine in Morocco, but I've heard some people don't like it. I find it has bigger portions than most Disney restaurants at decent prices.

As for table service, I've heard from my friend (who's a culinary grad and cook at Disney and Universal) that the food at San Angel Inn (in Mexico) is excellent. I don't think that's stuff you can get everyday in England. Also, Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada is supposed to have the best food in all the Disney Parks. I never bothered to go, since I'm a vegetarian (and reservations are hard), but I've never heard a bad word about it.

Via Napoli (in Italy) has good food and service, but I think it's overpriced. I don't know if that matters to you.

The bakery in France has fairly reasonable and very tasty pastries, if you need a snack.

Also, the main Disney site has reviews for each of the restaurants if you want to check them out (also you could look at their menus and see if they sell seafood). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/

Hope that helps a little. :)
Thank you so much!

Mexican isn't very present in England at all for some reason (neither was Chinese for the longest time, but I think that's been catching on in recent years). Most of my family really likes it whenever they come to visit and my mom makes some for them, although my aunt, who would be going with us, is lactose intolerant, so we're not sure if that would be the best option for her.

But everything else here sounds great!

Edit: I checked out Le Cellier Steakhouse, and it kind of looks like a surf n' turf place, which isn't best for my mom, but that's okay. There's still plenty of other options to look around for.
Wiggles

Post by Wiggles »

Is it just me, or did Tony's in WDW's Magic Kingdom go REALLY downhill in the past few years? :(
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

Image Image