Frozen: Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Locked
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition
Posts: 3752
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:Image

Image

Image


Sources: Poupée Disney & Disney Central Plaza
Finally some real material! Thanks, Sotiris! I hope we'll getting more material soon.
User avatar
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: France Paris
Contact:

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Prince Kido »

These photos are obviously leaks and unofficial.
I think those dolls are prototypes for buyers and marketing.
Anyway, it should be noted that concepts are specifically developed for these kind of toys like that scepters used to "draw" patterns and snowflakes on the respective dresses.
On the concept art, it is Brittney Lee's who participated on the Frozen's visual development, including the two sisters, unlike a pink tiara was added to Anna when she did not wear one in the movie (except the last change before the release of the film in theaters, you never know ...).
Elsa has lighter hair and its design on the leaked poster is much more accurate.
The tiara she wears is correct but too big on the doll and Elsa is not wearing it with this outfit in the film.
The drawings with large dresses and puffed sleeves are obviously a major change required to make the dolls more "princessy" outfits but they do not exist in the movie.
The main outfit for Anna is the one on the official concept art revealed on the net several months ago, so it is not very similar there on the picture next to Elsa.
Their eyes are actually a little almond ...
Hope that helps. ^^
User avatar
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition
Posts: 20021
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am
Gender: Male
Location: Fantasyland

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Sotiris »

Thanks for the clarification, Prince Kido. So the outfits and hairstyle of Anna and Elsa in the second picture do not appear at all in the film?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: France Paris
Contact:

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Prince Kido »

You're welcome.
Nope, not those outfits figured on the second picture which are only derivated of their respective main outfits obviously...
That doesn't mean there are no other outfits for each in the film... ;)
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 am

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by RodryCroft »

Oh my God.... they look horrible!! Mattel doesn't make a good Disney doll since... many, many years!!
I hope the Disney Store to make them better!!!
And please... no pink crowns in the movie... There's no need :(
User avatar
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition
Posts: 20021
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am
Gender: Male
Location: Fantasyland

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Sotiris »

RodryCroft wrote:And please... no pink crowns in the movie... There's no need :(
Don't worry. Prince Kido said that there won't be one in the film. It's only going to be used in merchandise.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition
Posts: 1812
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by TsWade2 »

They look lovely. :)
User avatar
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 am
Location: España

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Thumper_93 »

i love the dolls (specially Elsa) but i'm very dissapointed about the plastic bodices, they should make a complete dress for these dolls like they did with Merida
Image
User avatar
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition
Posts: 13389
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:02 am
Gender: Male
Location: America

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow thanks Sotiris! Good sluething!!

Hey, why don't they use Anna's hair color on the Cinderella dolls?!
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition
Posts: 3752
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Prince Kido wrote:These photos are obviously leaks and unofficial.
I think those dolls are prototypes for buyers and marketing.
Anyway, it should be noted that concepts are specifically developed for these kind of toys like that scepters used to "draw" patterns and snowflakes on the respective dresses.
On the concept art, it is Brittney Lee's who participated on the Frozen's visual development, including the two sisters, unlike a pink tiara was added to Anna when she did not wear one in the movie (except the last change before the release of the film in theaters, you never know ...).
Elsa has lighter hair and its design on the leaked poster is much more accurate.
The tiara she wears is correct but too big on the doll and Elsa is not wearing it with this outfit in the film.
The drawings with large dresses and puffed sleeves are obviously a major change required to make the dolls more "princessy" outfits but they do not exist in the movie.
The main outfit for Anna is the one on the official concept art revealed on the net several months ago, so it is not very similar there on the picture next to Elsa.
Their eyes are actually a little almond ...
Hope that helps. ^^
How do you know this, Prince Kido?
User avatar
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 am
Location: Paris

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Edthehyena »

Because, Disneyfan, Prince Kido works for Disney.
User avatar
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition
Posts: 20021
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am
Gender: Male
Location: Fantasyland

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyFan09 wrote:How do you know this, Prince Kido?
I thought everyone knew this by now. Prince Kido is the username of David Gilson, an artist based in France who works as a freelance illustrator. Among his clients are Disney Publishing and Disney Consumer Products. Recently, David was contracted to illustrate a storybook for Frozen and was sent various referencing materials for the characters as well as the plot for the film. He can't reveal any proprietary information though as he's under a confidentiality agreement.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Lnds500 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF8MIRc8A8[/youtube]

First look.
Last edited by Lnds500 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristy
Special Edition
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by Tristy »

Hmm. Not bad. The finished animation is quite nice to look at. Still not really digging the snowman's design though.
User avatar
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition
Posts: 4363
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:46 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Lnds500 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcF8MIRc ... ploademail[/youtube]

First look.
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG :o This looks....omg! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
User avatar
qindarka
Special Edition
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by qindarka »

I've noticed a date of 07.25.2012. Was this video recorded that long ago?

Liking the look of the concept art. Animation itself doesn't look that polished.
User avatar
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 am

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by WonderNeverOz »

I like how Anna's face looks very different compare to Rapunzel, unlike the leaked images
User avatar
SWillie!
Collector's Edition
Posts: 2564
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:28 am

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by SWillie! »

WonderNeverOz wrote:I like how Anna's face looks very different compare to Rapunzel, unlike the leaked images
I noticed that as well - I think she looks great.
Image
User avatar
qindarka
Special Edition
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by qindarka »

I hate to be the one who brings this up but I do notice similarity between Kristoff's concept art and Eugene.
User avatar
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 am

Re: Frozen: Part III

Post by WonderNeverOz »

qindarka wrote:I hate to be the one who brings this up but I do notice similarity between Kristoff's concept art and Eugene.
Not in the CG though
Locked